FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I will always be grateful to SS forum because you people listened to me and never judged me whenever I openly shared my feelings. Whenever I have opened up to people about my true feelings of being depressed and feeling lost all I ever got was judged, dismissed and nobody wanted to actually listen instead everyone just lectured me about how I should feel or not feel and just treated me like an enormous inconvenience to their normal stress free lives. I am someone who really wanted to live but nobody in my life cared enough to listen. If people just listened years ago I would have never ended up here.

When my suicidal thoughts began at 21 and I reached out to my close university friends in my law class they began to stop hanging out with me. 1 friend who I always helped she at first was telling me to go church, how depression isn't real and then slowly she started avoiding me at university it became so obvious then after exams ended she stopped talking to me. Interestingly I managed to graduate whereas she didn' t. Another close friend in law class she stopped talking to me completely.

My own family never listen and have complained in the past about how i am making their lives difficult for being depressed. Family preach about "everything happens for a reason", "it's all parts of God's Plan", " people have it worse than you". I am from a immigrant family despite having many relatives all around the world I can't share any of my struggles with any of my relatives because they gossip so nothing is private and love seeing other family members suffer and fail. These people go to church every Sunday and always talking about the holy bible while behaving nothing like the Jesus they praise.

On reddit and discord server groups all I got was people saying "go see a therapist". If it is was easy I would be doing it right now.

Ever since I joined SS everyone here has been so compassionate, understanding and did try to help me with my problems on the things that caused me pain. Here I am safe.

Thank you so much love
FireFox

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rileywatson, tiger b, LetMeBeSad and 8 others
distropian_

distropian_

Nov 4, 2023
anytime bro. I am a Christian myself so it's a little disappointing that those other Christians treated you that way bro, the bible preaches to love and help everyone so hearing that kinda sucks.
I really dislike that argument of "people have it worse than you" because yeah that's true but it doesn't make a person's problems any less important yk?
anyway man, if you ever need anything just ask me, I'm willing to help any day :)

• Love
Reactions: FireFox
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
It is a shame that we cannot talk about death with family and loved ones. We should be able to do that because everone has to go through death and death is the most terrifying thing we have to face. But it is good that this web page exists.

Reactions: LetMeBeSad
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm not even surprised that people were acting so insensitively, it's dreadful how many people are so unnecessarily cruel but anyway I'm pleased for you that you found this site to be beneficial, best wishes.