• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
It's weird how age messes with perception of time.

Objectively I know my life between 11 and 17 was only 6 years, less than my entire adult life.

Yet my entire adult life has felt shorter than the time that passed between 11 and 17.

It's weird how that works. I know I was 17 a long time ago now, but I feel closer to 17 now than I felt to 11 when I was 17.

The last 3 years especially seemed to pass in the blink of an eye.

I don't feel my age at all.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's often to do with how much we pack into that period. In our youth, we are busy learning and doing all sorts of activities. When we're older, we sometimes find ourselves kind of stagnant and treading water. There seems less significant events to remember and less development as people and the years just sort of drift by. (That's my feeling anyhow.)

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023

I couldn't access the second one but I was aware of the explanation(s) presented in the others. I'm also a regular reader of Psychology Today as I studied psychology in college.

I've read up about it before but so far as I know there's still no consensus and more explanations could be offered.

Regardless though, I find it both distressing and... really odd to experience.

It's weird to be reminded of how subjective our experience of reality is. Even time does not flow how we feel. The world (probably) exists IRL but we don't actually experience it. We experience our mental copy of it.

Hell, so much of what we see is solid has so much empty space. And that's not even taking into account the quantum weirdness that exists. Reality is a strange soup that our brains create a simpler and more stable duplicate of with the information we gather. But we can never see reality. Only guess at it.

Hell, we have a blind spot in our eyes and don't notice it cuz our brain just fills in the gap. How weird is that? We are hallucinating just a little bit at all times.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I couldn't access the second one but I was aware of the explanation(s) presented in the others. I'm also a regular reader of Psychology Today as I studied psychology in college.

I've read up about it before but so far as I know there's still no consensus and more explanations could be offered.

Regardless though, I find it both distressing and... really odd to experience.

It's weird to be reminded of how subjective our experience of reality is. Even time does not flow how we feel. The world (probably) exists IRL but we don't actually experience it. We experience our mental copy of it.

Hell, so much of what we see is solid has so much empty space. And that's not even taking into account the quantum weirdness that exists. Reality is a strange soup that our brains create a simpler and more stable duplicate of with the information we gather. But we can never see reality. Only guess at it.

Hell, we have a blind spot in our eyes and don't notice it cuz our brain just fills in the gap. How weird is that? We are hallucinating just a little bit at all times.
It's amazing how much filtering your brain does in many ways.
Even with say psychedelics, if you do them in a very familiar place, they won't be as trippy as doing them in a new or less familiar place because of how much filtering your brain does.

All I can say is, in physics, time remains a constant dimension, but our subjective experience of it can change due to cognitive processes and memory formation (from my understanding). I'm sure you have a deeper understanding of the psychological aspects than I do.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim