Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
My NP mainly prescribed me lithium for my suicidal thoughts

That's how I got it--instantly given as soon as I said I was going to kill myself, but not immediately.

Reactions: Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
That's how I got it--instantly given as soon as I said I was going to kill myself, but not immediately.
I just hope it starts working soon

Reactions: Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I think that's a big part of my problem right now too- hormones. I'm going through menopause on top of all the other crap that's wrong with me. Thyroid is a hormone and that's messed up and has been so for 25 years now. Now a bunch of my other hormones are joining in the party to screw me over and make me feel like shit all the time. This is what people look forward to their whole lives- getting older and having your body screw with you. :heh:

I know what some of bloodwork results are supposed to be so well, I can look at my bloodwork and know if it's good or not lol.

Like last time, *I* would've preferred some values being lower, but they are totally acceptable--They're all normal for a woman in her 40s... but like bah... how about we go back to 20s lol.

Reactions: BlueWidow
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I just hope it starts working soon

I hope so too. It might take some time, though. Most psych meds don't kick in directly. The brain is after all a very complex mechanism.

Reactions: LegaliseIt!
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I hope so too. It might take some time, though. Most psych meds don't kick in directly. The brain is after all a very complex mechanism.
True

Reactions: Sensei
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
That's one of the most frustrating things to me about psych meds. They take so long to kick in that I always wonder if they're actually going to work or not. And if I'm getting horrible side effects from them, which I usually am, I often wonder if I'm going through all this crap for any really good reason or not. Most of the time, I go through all the horrific side effects for weeks or months on end, and then they don't do anything to make me feel any better.

The last doctor I saw put me on Wellbutrin, one of the few antidepressants I haven't been on in my life. It made me extremely dizzy for a long time, and then also started making me extremely nauseous on top of it. I stopped taking it on my own because I just couldn't stand being that nauseous anymore. I was so sick, I couldn't hardly move, and I had to walk around carrying a bucket everywhere that I went. It was horrible. Of course, I haven't started taking it again yet because every time I even think about taking it, my body screams "No! No more nausea!". I can't bring myself to swallow the pill. I keep trying to hack it back up before I even get it down.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and Carina
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
So I'm on this support chat called ASBS. I just went to look it up on this website, just out of a whim, and then lol and behold, the founder is still around! Kinda boggles my mind. It was started like, 15 years ago.

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
That's one of the most frustrating things to me about psych meds. They take so long to kick in that I always wonder if they're actually going to work or not. And if I'm getting horrible side effects from them, which I usually am, I often wonder if I'm going through all this crap for any really good reason or not. Most of the time, I go through all the horrific side effects for weeks or months on end, and then they don't do anything to make me feel any better.

The last doctor I saw put me on Wellbutrin, one of the few antidepressants I haven't been on in my life. It made me extremely dizzy for a long time, and then also started making me extremely nauseous on top of it. I stopped taking it on my own because I just couldn't stand being that nauseous anymore. I was so sick, I couldn't hardly move, and I had to walk around carrying a bucket everywhere that I went. It was horrible. Of course, I haven't started taking it again yet because every time I even think about taking it, my body screams "No! No more nausea!". I can't bring myself to swallow the pill. I keep trying to hack it back up before I even get it down.
And Wellbutrin for me is a life saver lol

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, Sensei and Carina
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

I've been lucky. No adverse effects. I became ill once on litihium, but that was a matter of dosage. It's often trial and error.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019

The very first psychological-med I was given I don't know what it was (over 20 years ago), but the side effects were so horrible, I was just going to dump the pills down the toilet so my parents thought I took them. I'm just glad that side effects now I have are tolerable... because yeah, I have some. But they are tolerable to me at least.
So I'm on this support chat called ASBS. I just went to look it up on this website, just out of a whim, and then lol and behold, the founder is still around! Kinda boggles my mind. It was started like, 15 years ago.
that's kind of neat... I mean not too shocking sometimes, but still neat.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Sensei signing off. There are too few cat memes in this thread so I expect to some tomorrow when I log in.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow and Carina
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
E4D36C14 B2E7 4930 999C 6E8B02BFB4EE
Sensei signing off. There are too few cat memes in this thread so I expect to some tomorrow when I log in.
Night. Tucking you in. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ame, BlueWidow and Carina
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019

Ai gots my jammiez on just wanted to say gudnite goodnight meme
Spongebob Kisses Squidward Goodnight

For you @Squiddy, didn't know when you were going to sleep so thought I'd put it up here now. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, Sensei and Carina
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I'm learning a few... not that I"d ever use it
Same here haha. I've been trying to learn Hebrew for the past year or so, and I can communicate decently in it, but when the hell when I really need to talk to someone in Hebrew!?

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Same here haha. I've been trying to learn Hebrew for the past year or so, and I can communicate decently in it, but when the hell when I really need to talk to someone in Hebrew!?
מדוע בחרת ללמוד עברית מכל
השפות?

• Wow
Reactions: BooGirl and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
omg.... my mother just was like "hey look up the thing you might have!" i did.... it's possibly a life long thing that you never recover from that requires constant treatment... like that's a lot mom... thanks..... a..... lot.....

• Hugs
Reactions: BooGirl
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
מדוע בחרת ללמוד עברית מכל
השפות?
כי אני יהודייה!
איזה מדהים שיש מישהו אחר שיודע עברית!
omg.... my mother just was like "hey look up the thing you might have!" i did.... it's possibly a life long thing that you never recover from that requires constant treatment... like that's a lot mom... thanks..... a..... lot.....

Ah, I love Dr. Google

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Bottle of alcohol pouring into glass with splash

Damn! It's after 7 PM and I'm not drinking any rum yet! I'll be right back.

• Love
Reactions: Hennessy and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
כי אני יהודייה!
איזה מדהים שיש מישהו אחר שיודע עברית!

Ah, I love Dr. Google

well I have an order for a CT in case the meds don't shrink them--so really it's more of a 'if I need surgery'

Oh that explains why you're learning Hebrew

• Aww..
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Oh, I getcha then. That sounds heavily unpleasant. :(

eh, might not have to worry about it too-too long considering everything though really. But still. It's just one of those things that's like 'yay another medical condition for the pile' Still figuring that the meds will work though. He only put me on 2 prescription, and 1-2 otc ones... the otc ones daily, for 2 months.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Okay, I'm in my comfy jammies, got my rum. . . . . . Time for some cats, and dogs too.
I wouldn't want to discriminate against the dogs.
I am at 989, so including this post I need, what? 10 or 11 more posts. Look out @Carina, here I come! :))

• Love
Reactions: Carina and Morphinekiss
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I think mine turned red at 1006 it was weird. And hey, I want you to be red! It will match your image :D

• Love
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I think mine turned red at 1006 it was weird. And hey, I want you to be red! It will match your image :D
1006? Well, if so, I guess it just means more puppies and kitties for us to look at.

C7b624b18724c5758f7edc2688221479
Funny cat caption
42749755 CAD4 40EF 8241 24E830309A55

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hennessy, Sensei and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I love when the one cat admits to being evil lol