Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I was Bipolar as a kid. Switched to Major Depression as a adult and I think I am going back to Bipolar.

I must say that this sounds a little bit strange. Bipolar disorder can't be cured and never disappears; it's a lifelong disorder. Could it be that you have been misdiagnosed as having major depressive disorder? I ask this because I remember that once upon a time in a thread long since buried in the archives you described some symtoms sounding exactly like hypomania. Just my two cents.

LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
Finished my list for today! House is Beagle-proofed!
16BEA4D9 08D9 4198 9930 B345698E895D

Reactions: BlueWidow, Sensei and Morphinekiss
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Funny thing... when talking to my doctor tonight, the topic of being cremation came up lol

All because I mentioned I was allergic to pine trees, and the day I'm away from them would be the day I died... and even then I might have some put in with me lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but is anyone else here trans? It's a big part of what makes me suicidal and depressed. My body feels like a prison, y'know?

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but is anyone else here trans? It's a big part of what makes me suicidal and depressed. My body feels like a prison, y'know?

Hi, you came to one of the more active threads lol.

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I must say that this sounds a little bit strange. Bipolar disorder can't be cured and never disappears; it's a lifelong disorder. Could it be that you have been misdiagnosed as having major depressive disorder? I ask this because I remember that once upon a time in a thread long since buried in the archives you described some symtoms sounding exactly like hypomania. Just my two cents.
Nope. 9/11 and breathing the crap actually changed my brain composition.
Trans? No. But I am active in the LGBT community, work and know many trans, drag queens etc. I'm in the entertainment field. I'm here if you want to talk.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BooGirl, Sensei and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
OK I ate... in part because my mom kinda yelled at me for not eating...

I may feel a bit better now... not as tired. So that's a plus.....

OK... and going to take the pills I can now too....

Reactions: Jean4
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Hypomania can take different forms. What you're describing sounds very much like hypomania. For some it can be a bit negative, for others, like yours trylu, it's out and out positive. In fact, I wouldn't mind having hypomania every day for the rest of my life.

You have it too? Am I the only one on this site that hasn't been diagnosed with bipolar. . . . . at least not yet anyway.

Whatever it is, I don't like it very much. It usually forces me to pace the floor for hours on end sometimes and I can't get anything else done. Some nights it keeps me up all night and I can't sleep, other days I waste the entire day pacing around the floor and not getting anything else done. Sometimes I can force myself to stop long enough to wash my face or something like that, but the thoughts won't usually leave my head until I say them out loud and for some reason I have to be pacing the floor when I do it, otherwise it doesn't count.

I was in a group for depressed people once where a lot of the people were bipolar. They were all describing their manic phases and how much they looked forward to it so they could get things done, since most of them were so unable to function during the depressed phase that they would let everything go. Some of them would talk about how they had feelings of confidence or happiness when they were in their manic phase, and others would talk about boundless amounts of energy that they used to get stuff done. None of that is what happens to me. I don't have boundless energy, or happiness or confidence during these phases. It's just like there's an invisible motor in my body that's forcing me to pace the floor endlessly repeating the thoughts in my head until they allow me to stop. When it's over, I'm usually exhausted beyond belief and in a bad mood.

I wish I had the kind where it gave you extra energy or at least made you euphoric.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
OK I ate... in part because my mom kinda yelled at me for not eating...

I may feel a bit better now... not as tired. So that's a plus.....

OK... and going to take the pills I can now too....
D0329054 585B 4EB4 90B1 557A2BB00B8F

Reactions: Carina
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
Nope. 9/11 and breathing the crap actually changed my brain composition.
Oh wow, you were in the city by 9/11? My dad was working in the city then, pretty close to the WTC. It's scary sometimes to think what could've happened. He told me that people were worried that they were gonna fly a plane into the Brooklyn Bridge.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Oh wow, you were in the city by 9/11? My dad was working in the city then, pretty close to the WTC. It's scary sometimes to think what could've happened. He told me that people were worried that they were gonna fly a plane into the Brooklyn Bridge.
I am a Nu Yawker. Worked for the Department of Health. We were in Tower 2.

Reactions: BlueWidow, Sensei and BooGirl
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
You have it too? Am I the only one on this site that hasn't been diagnosed with bipolar. . . . . at least not yet anyway.

Yep, you're the only one. This is actually a bipolar forum disguised as a suicide forum. ;)

Whatever it is, I don't like it very much. It usually forces me to pace the floor for hours on end sometimes and I can't get anything else done. Some nights it keeps me up all night and I can't sleep, other days I waste the entire day pacing around the floor and not getting anything else done. Sometimes I can force myself to stop long enough to wash my face or something like that, but the thoughts won't usually leave my head until I say them out loud and for some reason I have to be pacing the floor when I do it, otherwise it doesn't count.

I was in a group for depressed people once where a lot of the people were bipolar. They were all describing their manic phases and how much they looked forward to it so they could get things done, since most of them were so unable to function during the depressed phase that they would let everything go. Some of them would talk about how they had feelings of confidence or happiness when they were in their manic phase, and others would talk about boundless amounts of energy that they used to get stuff done. None of that is what happens to me. I don't have boundless energy, or happiness or confidence during these phases. It's just like there's an invisible motor in my body that's forcing me to pace the floor endlessly repeating the thoughts in my head until they allow me to stop. When it's over, I'm usually exhausted beyond belief and in a bad mood.

I wish I had the kind where it gave you extra energy or at least made you euphoric.

I'm no psychiatrist, so you have to take what I say for what it is. Anyway, staying up all night, feeling restless, and having racing thoughts are typical symptoms for hypomani. The individual variations for bipolar disorder are hugh. I sometimes wonder if there are bipolar people on this earth who have exactly the same symptoms. Hypomani doesn't necessarily have to be euphoric and not everyone has positive hypomanic episodes. So, you could very well be bipolar.
I take 7 meds in total

Wow! That has to be a new record. Do you mind sharing what psych meds you take?

Reactions: BlueWidow and Carina
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Yep, you're the only one. This is actually a bipolar forum disguised as a suicide forum. ;)

I'm no psychiatrist, so you have to take what I say for what it is. Anyway, staying up all night, feeling restless, and having racing thoughts are typical symptoms for hypomani. The individual variations for bipolar disorder are hugh. I sometimes wonder if there are bipolar people on this earth who have exactly the same symptoms. Hypomani doesn't necessarily have to be euphoric and not everyone has positive hypomanic episodes. So, you could very well be bipolar.

Wow! That has to be a new record. Do you mind sharing what psych meds you take?
I was on 8 at one time, but since got switched. I take Wellbutrin, Naltrexone, Invega, Lithium, Protonix, Vistaril and Trileptal

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Sensei . You said you were no psychiatrist. But do you play one on tv? :blarg:

Reactions: BlueWidow
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I mean I take a lot of meds, but they're all grouped for different things... so it doesn't feel like a lot. makes me feel a tad less messed up lol

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow and Jean4
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I mean I take a lot of meds, but they're all grouped for different things... so it doesn't feel like a lot. makes me feel a tad less messed up lol
What meds do you take?

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
566CF4DF 4119 4712 9D04 8325845714F9

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I was on 8 at one time, but since got switched. I take Wellbutrin, Naltrexone, Invega, Lithium, Protonix, Vistaril and Trileptal

Well, I can see that you get medicines for several ailments, but a couple of them are antidepressants and I guess that's what's important here. Lithium usually doesn't have antidepressant effects in itself, but it's well documented that it's anti-suicidal, if there is such a word.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
What meds do you take?

Wellbutin, Lithium, Trazodone
Propranolol, Imitrex, Topiramate, ondansetron (migraines)
Gabepentin, Meloxicam, (pain)
3 pills for hormone maintenance (as levels screwed otherwise sometimes)
A pill for cholesterol...

I think that's it? So like 13... but really only like 2-3 for a specific condition... just 5 different conditions. Catch is if hormones out of wack screws with mental... so they're alll connected too in a way.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
@Sensei . You said you were no psychiatrist. But do you play one on tv? :blarg:

Again, milady, you're most enigmatic tonight. As far as I know, I've never been on TV and if I have something to say about it, I never will.

Reactions: LegaliseIt!
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Again, milady, you're most enigmatic tonight. As far as I know, I've never been on TV and if I have something to say about it, I never will.
E19E901A 147A 4DE7 B212 85C8F560FABF

• Wow
Reactions: Sensei and Carina
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Wellbutin, Lithium, Trazodone
Propranolol, Imitrex, Topiramate, ondansetron (migraines)
Gabepentin, Meloxicam, (pain)
3 pills for hormone maintenance (as levels screwed otherwise sometimes)
A pill for cholesterol...

I think that's it? So like 13... but really only like 2-3 for a specific condition... just 5 different conditions. Catch is if hormones out of wack screws with mental... so they're alll connected too in a way.

I think that's a big part of my problem right now too- hormones. I'm going through menopause on top of all the other crap that's wrong with me. Thyroid is a hormone and that's messed up and has been so for 25 years now. Now a bunch of my other hormones are joining in the party to screw me over and make me feel like shit all the time. This is what people look forward to their whole lives- getting older and having your body screw with you. :heh:

• Hugs
Reactions: LegaliseIt! and Carina
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Well, I can see that you get medicines for several ailments, but a couple of them are antidepressants and I guess that's what's important here. Lithium usually doesn't have antidepressant effects in itself, but it's well documented that it's anti-suicidal, if there is such a word.
My NP mainly prescribed me lithium for my suicidal thoughts

Reactions: Carina
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I think that's a big part of my problem right now too- hormones. I'm going through menopause on top of all the other crap that's wrong with me. Thyroid is a hormone and that's messed up and has been so for 25 years now. Now a bunch of my other hormones are joining in the party to screw me over and make me feel like shit all the time. This is what people look forward to their whole lives- getting older and having your body screw with you. :heh:
I had a hysterectomy this year. Instant menopause lol.
No @realjunes and @Azzy69 today?

Reactions: BlueWidow