Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Holacanthus

Holacanthus

Dec 30, 2019
Stunned and pleased to hear a reference to Flowers for Algernon. I guess I shouldn't be, it's a well-known book.

I have always drawn a comparison between the main character in that book temporarily becoming a genius and anxious me being given Klonopin, which worked until it didn't. So now I know what it's like to have zero anxiety and be tack sharp, but I'm back to the way I was again. Medication never lasts.

I should have picked Algernon as my SS name instead of this dumb fish.

• Love
Reactions: Nem, Ame and Brick In The Wall
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I think it really depends. Loss and grief can teach us things, the problem is, we may not want to learn those things. Ignorance (or rather, innocence) can be bliss, but do we want to be ignorant, aren't we always trying to learn? Grief I have experienced has made me into a different person, in some ways better, in some ways worse, but defiantly different. Its a cursed gift that both takes and gives at the same time. It seems like the more you learn, the less you can do with what you learn. Maybe wisdom is understanding how to glean happiness from that. I've always struggled with this dichotomy.
All the losses that I've had throughout my life have really taught me is that I don't want to get close to another person because I don't want them to be taken away from me. I really didn't want to get close to my husband, but he chased me around for five years and wouldn't take no for an answer.
If other people can glean happiness from their losses, I'm happy for them, but I've never been able to do that. As the losses pile up, it just makes me more angry and bitter toward the world and have less desire to want to communicate or connect with other human beings because it's too painful. I'm sick of being in pain. And I'm sick of watching people all around me suffer and die, while I continue to be stuck in this wretched world that I don't want to be in.
I really hate that my hands are so shaking so early.... omg I need bloodwork still... and forgot I need to call psychiatrist.... maybe tomorrow... I don't feel like doing it tonight... today is thursday right?
Yes, today is Thursday. I just double checked the calendar.
I really hate that my hands are so shaking so early.... omg I need bloodwork still... and forgot I need to call psychiatrist.... maybe tomorrow... I don't feel like doing it tonight... today is thursday right?
Your hands are shaking? Tremors? I'm so sorry. Is it making it difficult for you to get your work done?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00, Deleted member 1465, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Ame checking in. I feel better now. :heart:
****** Attention*****
Add @MysticPerception to our party with @Root on Saturday!!! She's Home!!!! :heart: :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NonsenseTrash, Polly, Ame and 3 others
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
All the losses that I've had throughout my life have really taught me is that I don't want to get close to another person because I don't want them to be taken away from me. I really didn't want to get close to my husband, but he chased me around for five years and wouldn't take no for an answer.
If other people can glean happiness from their losses, I'm happy for them, but I've never been able to do that. As the losses pile up, it just makes me more angry and bitter toward the world and have less desire to want to communicate or connect with other human beings because it's too painful. I'm sick of being in pain. And I'm sick of watching people all around me suffer and die, while I continue to be stuck in this wretched world that I don't want to be in.

Yes, today is Thursday. I just double checked the calendar.

Your hands are shaking? Tremors? I'm so sorry. Is it making it difficult for you to get your work done?
Sometimes--if I"m not careful it leads to hitting the wrong keys. I have to keep my hands on the keys like non-stop and slide them instead of lift, which causes it's own issues. Oh well... not like I'm planning on it being an issue forever.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Brick In The Wall ... videos for @MysticPerception !!!

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
hey y'all. today's been rough so far and i don't know why. lots of bad thoughts while my mind was idle in the shower. i've been clean from sh for almost a month now but the urges are back and they're getting overwhelming. the worst part is that i don't even want to hurt myself, but my brain thinks it'll solve things.

• Hugs
Reactions: NonsenseTrash, BlueWidow, MysticPerception and 2 others
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
hey y'all. today's been rough so far and i don't know why. lots of bad thoughts while my mind was idle in the shower. i've been clean from sh for almost a month now but the urges are back and they're getting overwhelming. the worst part is that i don't even want to hurt myself, but my brain thinks it'll solve things.
If this helps, it has been a horrible week for all of us. There must be something in the water.

We are having a party for @Root and @MysticPerception on Saturday to welcome the home from the hospital. What are you bringing?

• Love
Reactions: NonsenseTrash, BlueWidow, Carina and 1 other person
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
This should keep my mom guessing/worried for a while

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NonsenseTrash, Ame, MysticPerception and 2 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I meant to tell you @Jean4. They had a story on my local news here where public officials from various cities in my area sent 17 people that they suspected of having the coronavirus to local motels. They are now claiming that all 17 people that they sent to these motels have been cleared and don't have the virus, but several emergency personnel are expressing concern about the practice. Apparently, it's common practice to send people with viruses and other illnesses that don't have anywhere else to go to motels. I'm not sure why you wouldn't put them in a hospital. They claim they still thoroughly clean the rooms afterwards and there's no chance of the public getting sick. They can't notify the public due to the patient's right to privacy, which I understand. But they weren't even notifying medical personnel either.

Now there's an argument going on between the city officials and medical personnel as to whether this practice is safe for the public or not. It's still puzzles me that they wouldn't put them in a hospital.

• Wow
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I meant to tell you @Jean4. They had a story on my local news here where public officials from various cities in my area sent 17 people that they suspected of having the coronavirus to local motels. They are now claiming that all 17 people that they sent to these motels have been cleared and don't have the virus, but several emergency personnel are expressing concern about the practice. Apparently, it's common practice to send people with viruses and other illnesses that don't have anywhere else to go to motels. I'm not sure why you wouldn't put them in a hospital. They claim they still thoroughly clean the rooms afterwards and there's no chance of the public getting sick. They can't notify the public due to the patient's right to privacy, which I understand. But they weren't even notifying medical personnel either.

Now there's an argument going on between the city officials and medical personnel as to whether this practice is safe for the public or not. It's still puzzles me that they wouldn't put them in a hospital.
I honestly have no answer lol.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019

An here I work in the Hotel industry too. I've been thinking about my potential exposure to this virus. Way to freak me out even more! lol

• Aww..
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Brick In The Wall ... where are @MysticPerception welcome home videos music man?

• Love
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
I'm home, everyone. Sorry if I worried you at all. I'll detail what happened in a thread I make in a minute. I have to explain to my bf first why I suddenly disappeared since we suck at communicating normally he probably thought I was just taking a break like normal. Anyway I feel much better now overall and they took me seriously since I tried to die like I hoped. Gamble was completely successful in my opinion.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NonsenseTrash, Ἡγησίας, Ame and 4 others
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I'm home, everyone. Sorry if I worried you at all. I'll detail what happened in a thread I make in a minute. I have to explain to my bf first why I suddenly disappeared since we suck at communicating normally he probably thought I was just taking a break like normal. Anyway I feel much better now overall and they took me seriously since I tried to die like I hoped. Gamble was completely successful in my opinion.
And you know we all love you!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: NonsenseTrash, BlueWidow, MysticPerception and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: NonsenseTrash, BlueWidow, Morphinekiss and 5 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
An here I work in the Hotel industry too. I've been thinking about my potential exposure to this virus. Way to freak me out even more! lol
I don't think I live anywhere near you, so maybe they're not doing it where you are.

• Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception and Brick In The Wall
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Chances are they'd be using the cheap hotesl too wouldn't they be?

-------------------

Great... my mom assumes the blob is her brother who died, who is my "guardian angel" who is my protector..... well if that's true, she's so not going to like the reason he's here rofl.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow and MysticPerception
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
מוות לי!

I've determined that I'm only about A2 in Hebrew. It's starting to get extraordinarily discouraging.
Much like with English, you probably speak and write better than half of Israel. :pfff:

• Aww..
Reactions: BooGirl
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Good news! @MysticPerception was the bump I needed to get me out of the depression into mania. SI are gone.

• Love
Reactions: Backwood_tilt, NonsenseTrash, BlueWidow and 4 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Good news! @MysticPerception was the bump I needed to get me out of the depression into mania. SI are gone.
The difference one person can make is amazing at times!
Giphy 207

• Love
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Hey, look, you've all come out from behind the curtains before I've gone to bed, what's going on? :O

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Hey, look, you've all come out from behind the curtains before I've gone to bed, what's going on? :O
Who are you? @MysticPerception came back from the hospital. We are adding her to the welcome home from the hospital party Saturday for @Root

Reactions: NonsenseTrash, BlueWidow, Carina and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
What's the worst that can happen, you die? Sorry I'm a terrible influence.
I just realised I can't afford it. Meh. I'd love a roll up. I vaped for a while but its such a hassle.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Carina and Jean4
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Well mom now apparently thinks the shadow in the hall is my guardian angel, and he's calling me because of.... reasons....

Well that backfired alll to effing hell lol

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BlueWidow, Brick In The Wall and Deleted member 1465
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
That thread is never going to be made at this rate. My bf took it surprisingly well and calm and now I'm challenging him to communicate more(he never tells me his problems EVER) so yeah give me a minute lol.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cosmicpixiedust, NonsenseTrash, BlueWidow and 3 others
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
That thread is never going to be made at this rate. My bf took it surprisingly well and calm and now I'm challenging him to communicate more(he never tells me his problems EVER) so yeah give me a minute lol.

Take your time. I'm sure everyone here can wait a little longer. Seems like you have been through alot recently so get your stuff taken care of first

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs