• Love
Reactions: Backwood_tilt and BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I noticed.... it's weird... actually been this way all week practically
Don't know what happened to everyone.

Used to always seem to be a fairly lively crowd on here all the time. Recently it's quiet a lot of the time.

Where did everyone go?

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Don't know what happened to everyone.

Used to always seem to be a fairly lively crowd on here all the time. Recently it's quiet a lot of the time.

Where did everyone go?
I don't know :(

Normal depression cycle maybe? Valentines day blues?
I swear though people aren't posting when they're going to bed either, so we don't know if they're here, or if they've left for the night.... I mean it's fine, but it's like "are they here? Am I alone?"
-----------------------
I just had to verify it was Wednesday again

• Love
Reactions: NonsenseTrash and BlueWidow
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I don't really like all the harsh moral judgements made in all my college classes. Like, it doesn't even matter anyways, calm down a bit.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
Was there a lot more activity around the holidays? I would imagine it would be given suicidal tendencies increase then, right?

Maybe that's part of the reason the activity seems reduced, in comparison.

:pfff:

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I don't really like all the harsh moral judgements made in all my college classes. Like, it doesn't even matter anyways, calm down a bit.
What type of classes are those?
Was there a lot more activity around the holidays? I would imagine it would be given suicidal tendencies increase then, right?

Maybe that's part of the reason the activity seems reduced, in comparison.

:pfff:
I think I saw something that said people are actually more suicidal in the summer...
This not remembering what day/time is really messing with me

BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
What type of classes are those?
I was thinking of my English class when I said it, but really, anything that has anything to do with philosophy. All this philosophy seems so infantile when you're in middle of depression.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I was thinking of my English class when I said it, but really, anything that has anything to do with philosophy. All this philosophy seems so infantile when you're in middle of depression.
I almost failed philosophy class.... well technically it was an ethics class..... I had an unethical ethics teacher.

I'm not joking. One student started a collection so we could put a hit on him. But we were broke college students lol

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, BlueWidow, NonsenseTrash and 2 others
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I almost failed philosophy class.... well technically it was an ethics class..... I had an unethical ethics teacher.

I'm not joking. One student started a collection so we could put a hit on him. But we were broke college students lol
lmao, what did he do?

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I hated my ethics professor. Old grumpy ass man. I had a seizure during class once and he let me lay on the ground and kept teaching, the other students had to stop him and he was like she's not just sleeping?

• Wow
Reactions: BlueWidow, Backwood_tilt and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
lmao, what did he do?
He assigned a paper that I believe was one page, 5 paragraphs double spaced, each paragraph had to have an introductary sentence, three sentences, and a conclusion sentence, the first paragraph had to introduce the next 3 paragraphs, and the last paragraph had to summarize the previous 3. I believe 1 inch margins, he even gave font size

Assignment? "Defend for or against abortion and defend against all arguments so there was no topic unexplored, coving everything that could be brought up against your position"

The entire class failed but one girl.... who turned in like a 7 page+ paper.... he said we should've known it was impossible and turned in more.... he left the room, a guy was like "here's my hat, who wants to put in for the hit" and people actually donated. I think they got pizza after but still... the class was effing pissed.

• Love
Reactions: NonsenseTrash and BooGirl
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
He assigned a paper that I believe was one page, 5 paragraphs double spaced, each paragraph had to have an introductary sentence, three sentences, and a conclusion sentence, the first paragraph had to introduce the next 3 paragraphs, and the last paragraph had to summarize the previous 3. I believe 1 inch margins, he even gave font size

Assignment? "Defend for or against abortion and defend against all arguments so there was no topic unexplored, coving everything that could be brought up against your position"

The entire class failed but one girl.... who turned in like a 7 page+ paper.... he said we should've known it was impossible and turned in more.... he left the room, a guy was like "here's my hat, who wants to put in for the hit" and people actually donated. I think they got pizza after but still... the class was effing pissed.
Did anyone complain to the dean?

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Ethics teacher also said that the test was on like Plato.... got the test it was on Aristotle, he was like "well it was Aristotle's viewpoints as it related to Plato" or some such crap.... I swear how that man lived that semester I have no idea... there were people considering jail as he was screwing their grades and they were in premed.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Backwood_tilt and BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I don't know :(

Normal depression cycle maybe? Valentines day blues?
I swear though people aren't posting when they're going to bed either, so we don't know if they're here, or if they've left for the night.... I mean it's fine, but it's like "are they here? Am I alone?"
-----------------------
That's true. It could be some "time of the year" sort of thing or something. I know I've always hated this time of the year.

well, I guess it wasn't bad when I was married because I always knew I had a built-in valentine. But the rest of the time it was horrible.

when I was a kid it was extra horrible because my dad would start drinking extra large amounts of alcohol around the 10th or 11th of February and continue drinking extra large amounts of alcohol until around the 18th or 19th of February due to the fact that the anniversary of my mom's death, February 15th was coming up. That also just happened to be his birthday. So for a period of 10+ days in the middle of the month it was just horrible.

Then when I got into Middle and High school, I hated it because they always had this thing every year where some school club or group would sell teddy bears or flowers or something at lunch and the boys were supposed to buy them for their girlfriends and girls bought them for their best friends and so forth. Then on Valentine's Day they would go around during each class of the day delivering the teddy bears or flowers to people. Of course, it was always the popular kids that got all the teddy bears or flowers. So, by the end of the day, some people would just be drowning in gifts, while other people wouldn't have anything. I was always one of those people that didn't have anything because I was kind of a loner and I didn't have a lot of friends to begin with. It just seemed like a stupid thing to me and pretty much designed to make certain people feel bad about themselves or something or designed to make certain people feel superior to other people.

Then when I was in college, I had girlfriends who hated Valentine's Day as much as I did and every year we would have an anti-Valentine's Day party. We would get dressed up in black and get drunk and listen to depressing music and so on. A lot of my friends at that time we're into goth Music and fashion and so forth.
This was before Emo, I had never heard of Emo until I saw it on South Park. I didn't know what it was. But I find it amusing that on there all the goth kids hate the Emo kids and the vampire kids. It's like all three groups hate each other: the goth kids, the Emo kids, and the vampire kids all hate each other- even though they're all variations of the same exact thing. But the goths are all enraged because they feel like they started the whole thing & the Emos and vampires came in and stole their style. The whole thing is really funny to me now.

• Love
Reactions: Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Did anyone complain to the dean?
Honestly don't know---but the philosophy students said "he's the best teacher we have!" and we were like "screw that man, head on a spike"

• Hugs
Reactions: BooGirl
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
We got off work early!

Checking in for the night shift.

• Love
Reactions: NonsenseTrash, Backwood_tilt, Carina and 1 other person
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Ethics teacher also said that the test was on like Plato.... got the test it was on Aristotle, he was like "well it was Aristotle's viewpoints as it related to Plato" or some such crap.... I swear how that man lived that semester I have no idea... there were people considering jail as he was screwing their grades and they were in premed.
Sounds like a major jerk. I think there are a lot of college professors like that. They know they're very unlikely to get fired no matter what they do, so they can pretty much do whatever they want to and treat the students however they want to and they know the students will still have to kiss their ass because they control what grade they get at the end of the year.
I think in a lot of ways the student's grade is more controlled by how much the professor likes you than by the kind of work you do.
We got off work early!

Nice to see you, Pixie! :heart:
it's always nice to get off work early!

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
That's true. It could be some "time of the year" sort of thing or something. I know I've always hated this time of the year.

well, I guess it wasn't bad when I was married because I always knew I had a built-in valentine. But the rest of the time it was horrible.

when I was a kid it was extra horrible because my dad would start drinking extra large amounts of alcohol around the 10th or 11th of February and continue drinking extra large amounts of alcohol until around the 18th or 19th of February due to the fact that the anniversary of my mom's death, February 15th was coming up. That also just happened to be his birthday. So for a period of 10+ days in the middle of the month it was just horrible.

Then when I got into Middle and High school, I hated it because they always had this thing every year where some school club or group would sell teddy bears or flowers or something at lunch and the boys were supposed to buy them for their girlfriends and girls bought them for their best friends and so forth. Then on Valentine's Day they would go around during each class of the day delivering the teddy bears or flowers to people. Of course, it was always the popular kids that got all the teddy bears or flowers. So, by the end of the day, some people would just be drowning in gifts, while other people wouldn't have anything. I was always one of those people that didn't have anything because I was kind of a loner and I didn't have a lot of friends to begin with. It just seemed like a stupid thing to me and pretty much designed to make certain people feel bad about themselves or something or designed to make certain people feel superior to other people.

Then when I was in college, I had girlfriends who hated Valentine's Day as much as I did and every year we would have an anti-Valentine's Day party. We would get dressed up in black and get drunk and listen to depressing music and so on. A lot of my friends at that time we're into goth Music and fashion and so forth.
This was before Emo, I had never heard of Emo until I saw it on South Park. I didn't know what it was. But I find it amusing that on there all the goth kids hate the Emo kids and the vampire kids. It's like all three groups hate each other: the goth kids, the Emo kids, and the vampire kids all hate each other- even though they're all variations of the same exact thing. But the goths are all enraged because they feel like they started the whole thing & the Emos and vampires came in and stole their style. The whole thing is really funny to me now.
I never have understood why they did things in school that made some students feel overly popular and others likd total unloved losers that no one liked.

Said as the total unloved loser no one ever liked. Granted part was... no... wasn't my fault... it was my abusive family's fault. But once I finally partially overcame that I was in high school, and hung out with outcasts who.... omg our favorite color was black rofl. I don't know what we were considered... other than just "us", because we accepted anyone.
We got off work early!

Yay for early off!

Sounds like a major jerk. I think there are a lot of college professors like that. They know they're very unlikely to get fired no matter what they do, so they can pretty much do whatever they want to and treat the students however they want to and they know the students will still have to kiss their ass because they control what grade they get at the end of the year.
I think in a lot of ways the student's grade is more controlled by how much the professor likes you than by the kind of work you do.

Yeah, and I had him in like 1996... and I STILL can't stand him. so that goes to show how much he irritated me, especially with those two assignments rofl.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019

It's nice to see you as well!
It is! We were supposed to be working for 2 more hours, but we managed to get everything done before then. Granted, we have to come back to this dumb place in three weeks.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow and Carina
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019

Wow. i was going to write in another thread about the whole Good Samaritans hotline thing, but then i read your post and i realized how little any of that matters.

I am so sorry you had to experience this. It must have been so tough on you growing up, and i won't lie i also feel a lot of empathy for your father given the circumstances (of course i wish he had done better by you). This is just so awful, and it is tugging on my heart strings thinking about a younger BlueWidow having to deal with all of this as a kid.

The last part of your post about south park made me laugh though. Always a roller coaster of emotions with your posts.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I never have understood why they did things in school that made some students feel overly popular and others likd total unloved losers that no one liked.

Said as the total unloved loser no one ever liked. Granted part was... no... wasn't my fault... it was my abusive family's fault. But once I finally partially overcame that I was in high school, and hung out with outcasts who.... omg our favorite color was black rofl. I don't know what we were considered... other than just "us", because we accepted anyone.

Yay for early off!

Yeah, and I had him in like 1996... and I STILL can't stand him. so that goes to show how much he irritated me, especially with those two assignments rofl.

Just to show you how far back my current state of mind goes, when I was a senior in high school practically every paper I wrote was somehow connected to being depressed or suicidal. Yet my teacher never said a word about any of my papers. Then, ironically, I think a few years later her husband actually committed suicide.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Backwood_tilt and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
It is! We were supposed to be working for 2 more hours, but we managed to get everything done before then. Granted, we have to come back to this dumb place in three weeks.
At least you got off tonight--sorry you've got to go back though!

It's 10pm?!?

well I have to go to bed :(

Night everyone!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NonsenseTrash, BlueWidow and Backwood_tilt
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019

It's 10pm?!?

Night everyone!

It's okay, it's a seemingly never ending warehouse. Lol.

Goodnight and sweet dreams!

• Love
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
It's some kind of a warehouse or something. I remember you saying you were doing inventory. Or was that you? Am I getting you mixed up with somebody else? Somebody was discussing doing inventory the other day.

It's 10pm?!?

Night everyone!
Goodnight

• Love