CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
@BooGirl site's still glitching up on me. I'm literally using Developer Tools to reply, there's no input text area

Reactions: Skathon
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
@Root

ECT can be beneficial when medication does not work. Have they come to the conclusion meds will not work for you? Usually it's a last resort. Not a first.

Reactions: Root
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
@Root, oh I 'm so sorry! I can't imagine what you are going though. I hope it works out for you in the end in at least some positive way if that's even possible.

• Love
Reactions: Root
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
I think the site admins might be faffing with settings. Or the site has been compromised and some LE fuck it is testing their control.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Tbh I don't think "modern" mental health services work. Bombarding people with not fully understood pills based on a false premise, and then running electricity through their brains looking if something happens feels like we didn't go far from lobotomy or bloodletting.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
This whole disappearing box for typing is highly annoying

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Yeah. I guess you could say it makes you think outside of the box

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Folks. Yes, it sucks when the site goes down and we can't type. Be patient. I am sure admins are doing things for the safety of the site.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
@Jean4 it's understandable, but I still can't miss the opportunity to make a bad joke :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
This is what Discord is for. ;)

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I probably should clock back in from lunch.... and go to the bathroom... I haven't moved from my chair all day lol. And yes I'm at work lol

• Love
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I'd have to register a new account or something. I'm using my real name and photo in discord chats I'm in rn. In other news, I'm not feeling the cigarettes anymore. Can't even smoke a whole cig, I just put it out and throw away in the middle

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I'd have to register a new account or something. I'm using my real name and photo in discord chats I'm in rn. In other news, I'm not feeling the cigarettes anymore. Can't even smoke a whole cig, I just put it out and throw away in the middle
Congratulations on the smoking!!!

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019

I thought that too originally... um... yeah... I'll just say I"m in discord lol. You can change your name though in just the one, but the image is the same across all.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
@Jean4 yeah. Surprisingly, if you don't feel like shit all the time, cigs only make you feel worse. So I be like 'Why the hell am I doing this? I probably don't want to go on'

R

Root

Student
Sep 15, 2019
@Root

ECT can be beneficial when medication does not work. Have they come to the conclusion meds will not work for you? Usually it's a last resort. Not a first.
I've had side effects from some meds so they can't try other meds. That's what the doctor said yesterday
@Root, oh I 'm so sorry! I can't imagine what you are going though. I hope it works out for you in the end in at least some positive way if that's even possible.
Yeah I hope that too.

You guys are very kind thank you for that

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
From some meds, but not all? I would ask the doctor are there any other meds you can try.

Then ask:

1. What do they think ECT can do for you
2. What are the side effects
3. How often will you require treatment
4. When should you expect to see results
5. If you do not see results, then what?

Reactions: Root and CynicalHopelessness
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Morphinekiss has entered Da House!!!

Reactions: Soulless_Angel, Morphinekiss and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
@Sensei just because I like saying your name and being the Queen I am entitled to!

Indeed you are, Your Highness. You must excuse me, for I've been busy today, engaged in very pleasurable activities. For the first time in my 40+ life I went to a spa/relaxation center. To my surprise, it was bloody marvellous! What I enjoyed the most was sitting in a dimly lit sauna covered in mosaic, scrubbing myself with Dead Sea salt and pretending to be in a tepidarium in Ancient Rome. I can't find words to describe how relaxed and harmonious I feel right now. I will go to bed soon and dream of tepidaria.

Reactions: Soulless_Angel, LegaliseIt!, Morphinekiss and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Indeed you are, Your Highness. You must excuse me, for I've been busy today, engaged in very pleasurable activities. For the first time in my 40+ life I went to a spa/relaxation center. To my surprise, it was bloody marvellous! What I enjoyed the most was sitting in a dimly lit sauna covered in mosaic, scrubbing myself with Dead Sea salt and pretending to be in a tepidarium in Ancient Rome. I can't find words to describe how relaxed and harmonious I feel right now. I will go to bed soon and dream of tepidaria.
Pics

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
As soon as I went to go to the bathroom... a computer's powersupply bought the farm.... ugh... like why... just enough to make me need to talk to people lol

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
As soon as I went to go to the bathroom... a computer's powersupply bought the farm.... ugh... like why... just enough to make me need to talk to people lol
You want to talk to people? Yuk! We are much better! :blarg:

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
and it's still under warranty... dammit
which means tech support call @#$%@%

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

I seldom take pictures, actually. My memories simply look better than my pictures. That said, no chance in hell that I would share such pics if I had any! :P

• Aww..
Reactions: Morphinekiss and Jean4
R

Root

Student
Sep 15, 2019
From some meds, but not all? I would ask the doctor are there any other meds you can try.

Then ask:

1. What do they think ECT can do for you
2. What are the side effects
3. How often will you require treatment
4. When should you expect to see results
5. If you do not see results, then what?

Yeah I had this medication which caused my eyes to lock to up direction and I couldn't move them. Yesterday the doctor said she hasn't tried other medications because of it. I had other meds before but they caused more harm than good. Now I have meds and they make me sleep well but haven't made me feel better. I will ask questions when I see the ward's doctor. Today she said that 80% of patients see results.

How are you doing?

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Yeah I had this medication which caused my eyes to lock to up direction and I couldn't move them. Yesterday the doctor said she hasn't tried other medications because of it. I had other meds before but they caused more harm than good. Now I have meds and they make me sleep well but haven't made me feel better. I will ask questions when I see the ward's doctor. Today she said that 80% of patients see results.

How are you doing?
It is now 3:20 where I am... and I have been stable until now. So this is a good day. :)

There is nothing to be afraid about with ECT. I was going to have it, but due to my medical issues...I can't. It doesn't hurt. :)

• Love
Reactions: MysticPerception and Root