MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
@Jean4 I bumped Stan's thread for you. I always meant to post in it anyway before but I thought posting in a thread of someone that's already gone felt wrong. I understand now that's not the case.

• Love
Reactions: Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
@Jean4 I bumped Stan's thread for you. I always meant to post in it anyway before but I thought posting in a thread of someone that's already gone felt wrong. I understand now that's not the case.
Thank you and keep posting. Stan's thread is a gathering place. He's the one who brought us all together.

• Love
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Nemeshisu, BlueWidow and 2 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
:ohhhh: I've been waiting all day for some workers to come and pick up some junk and take it out of my garage. They finally showed up, late. Then asked me how I wanted the receipt, I had to type out either my email address or my phone number to decide if I wanted the receipt through a text or an email. I chose a text, but as I was typing, my mind went completely blank and I couldn't remember my phone number! It's got a whole bunch of fives and sixes in it and I couldn't remember which order they went in! And I haven't received a text yet, so I'm assuming I put them in the wrong order. :heh: I hate it when that happens!
Luckily, they also just sent me an email, so I do have a copy of the receipt.
At least now it's done though and I can take off the stupid outside shoes which are hurting my feet and put back on my comfy house slippers. I can also take off my jacket which I've been wearing around the house because I knew it would be cold outside, and I can finally relax because all that junk is gone and it's a huge weight lifted off of me.

So. . . deep breathe. . . Serenity Now. . . ahhh. . . . . better now. :happy:

• Hugs
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, MysticPerception, Nemeshisu and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
:ohhhh: I've been waiting all day for some workers to come and pick up some junk and take it out of my garage. They finally showed up, late. Then asked me how I wanted the receipt, I had to type out either my email address or my phone number to decide if I wanted the receipt through a text or an email. I chose a text, but as I was typing, my mind went completely blank and I couldn't remember my phone number! It's got a whole bunch of fives and sixes in it and I couldn't remember which order they went in! And I haven't received a text yet, so I'm assuming I put them in the wrong order. :heh: I hate it when that happens!
Luckily, they also just sent me an email, so I do have a copy of the receipt.
At least now it's done though and I can take off the stupid outside shoes which are hurting my feet and put back on my comfy house slippers. I can also take off my jacket which I've been wearing around the house because I knew it would be cold outside, and I can finally relax because all that junk is gone and it's a huge weight lifted off of me.

So. . . deep breathe. . . Serenity Now. . . ahhh. . . . . better now. :happy:
6D242CB1 0AA1 4558 A5E1 F64EB9D28B66

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Yes, it's very sad, but I stay in the house so much now and wear my house slippers that regular shoes hurt my feet. My feet aren't used to wearing them anymore. :pfff:

I don't even wear shoes in the house lol

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I don't even wear shoes in the house lol
It's usually too cold here for me not to wear something. Plus I like to have something on my feet, even when it's not cold. I'm just weird that way. I don't like to go barefoot. It makes my feet hurt to go barefoot, and when I was eight years old, I got stung by a bee that I stepped on. Ever since then I always wear shoes of some kind.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
It's usually too cold here for me not to wear something. Plus I like to have something on my feet, even when it's not cold. I'm just weird that way. I don't like to go barefoot. It makes my feet hurt to go barefoot, and when I was eight years old, I got stung by a bee that I stepped on. Ever since then I always wear shoes of some kind.

Uh... yeah, think I would too if I had done that!

granted I don't even have slippers or anything... so for me it's either put on socks/like gym shoes/dress shoes/heels/boots or nothing.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I took a very low dose of the medical marijuana. I am not high. Feeling more stable and even.

It feels a little like how I felt on Lithium.

Reactions: LegaliseIt! and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
It's weird... a number of my facebook friends post the memes of "I want someone to take me out.... either on a date or a hit" ... it's so odd seeing things like that being common, or is it really just an age thing?

Reactions: Sensei
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
It's weird... a number of my facebook friends post the memes of "I want someone to take me out.... either on a date or a hit" ... it's so odd seeing things like that being common, or is it really just an age thing?
It common lol

Reactions: Carina
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Do you mean age as in how old the people are, or age as in the times in which we live?
I suspect it could probably be some of each of those. I think a lot of people are very alienated right now because our society is changing so fast due to computer technology and such. Humans don't like things to change really quickly. We like things to be done very very slowly. As far as people's personal age goes, the older you get the more your body breaks down and the more you start seeing everyone around you getting sick and dying. Who wants to stick around for that?!
I see my SIL, who is in her 70s, and she doesn't have anyone to run around with her anymore because all of her friends are either too sick to go with her, or they are dead. It's heartbreaking. And I'm more than 20 years younger than her, and already most of the people I love are dead and my health is already starting to fail to the point where I am non-functional most of the time, so what's it going to be like if I were to live into my 70s?
Again, Who wants to stick around for that?!

• Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Do you mean age as in how old the people are, or age as in the times in which we live?
I suspect it could probably be some of each of those. I think a lot of people are very alienated right now because our society is changing so fast due to computer technology and such. Humans don't like things to change really quickly. We like things to be done very very slowly. As far as people's personal age goes, the older you get the more your body breaks down and the more you start seeing everyone around you getting sick and dying. Who wants to stick around for that?!
I see my SIL, who is in her 70s, and she doesn't have anyone to run around with her anymore because all of her friends are either too sick to go with her, or they are dead. It's heartbreaking. And I'm more than 20 years younger than her, and already most of the people I love are dead and my health is already starting to fail to the point where I am non-functional most of the time, so what's it going to be like if I were to live into my 70s?
Again, Who wants to stick around for that?!
I swear I honestly forget how old I am at times... I think of myself as 20s.... I identify more as my 30s 'friends', I'm 43... I get alone with my 50s friends... but yeah... it's like from 20-60... all are posting the same things really. mainly the 30-50 range, but all to an extent. I swear the number of people I know that have had rare cancers (I've known 3 people with brain cancer, one of them had cancer of the brain/eyes/and two other body parts, not because it spread, but 4 types, at once).

Even my great grandmother didn't want to live as long as she did, but my mother/grandmother forced her to. Technically my grandfather had choice in the sense of he stopped treatment.

And that's the one thing anymore with me... doctors say that I may have something for the rest of my life... and I think for 40 years? seriously? that's the estimated end point given my family. and that's only if I don't get any one of the many diseases I'll probably get that will make me wish I died before that that others in the family got. Things are literally only going to get worse.

Totally got off track.... but yeah, could be both I think... age for time and age for age, as it applies to both in a way (but really all my friends are from like 20-60 something on facebook).
Dammit, I'm gonna have to replace my laptop's battery. -_-
that's not good.... unless it's normal to have to replace yours? Some vary... but new ones not as much generally

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception and BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I wish they'd show all the names of the people who are on a particular thread with you. It always says something like "person's name, person's name. . . and 8 more", or whatever.
Why don't they list all of the names? Particularly when there's not very many people on a thread. Last night I think I looked at this thread and I was on the thread, and it said one other person was on the thread, and had their name, and then it said "and 1 more".
If it's so few people, then why not list all of their names? Does anybody know why it does that? Is it some computer thing?

Reactions: MysticPerception
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
It's past midnight over here, so time for some soft night music and meditation on the enigma called life.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, MysticPerception and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I wish they'd show all the names of the people who are on a particular thread with you. It always says something like "person's name, person's name. . . and 8 more", or whatever.
Why don't they list all of the names? Particularly when there's not very many people on a thread. Last night I think I looked at this thread and I was on the thread, and it said one other person was on the thread, and had their name, and then it said "and 1 more".
If it's so few people, then why not list all of their names? Does anybody know why it does that? Is it some computer thing?

Hmm... I mean normally it would be a code thing. But why it would do that with just one name.... or even now with 3 people and 4 more... it just doesn't make sense. Normally it's something done so it saves space (so like not taking up too much line space, so it hides things if it'd wrap too many lines), but considering everything, I've seen it list more than 3 names before, so it's like it only displays like half the names at any time, or a set number if 1/2 the total is > the max to display

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Pretty sure that person was me funnily enough. I stay up slightly later than everyone else in the thread I think but I still check on it just in case someone is still awake. As for why it won't show I don't know why that also bothers me sometimes.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Wait did that make sense of what I wrote? I sometimes think programmer think....
Better version would be it probably does a: show half the users at all times as online, rest as a number without names, unless half the users online is more than the max number of users allowed to show, then just show the max number of users to show.

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Wait did that make sense of what I wrote? I sometimes think programmer think....
Better version would be it probably does a: show half the users at all times as online, rest as a number without names, unless half the users online is more than the max number of users allowed to show, then just show the max number of users to show.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I think it should just have an expand button that says show all so you can choose if you want to flood your screen with usernames and see everyone that's browsing the thread.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Yes, I think I understand. I'm pretty computer illiterate though. :))
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I think it should just have an expand button that says show all so you can choose if you want to flood your screen with usernames and see everyone that's browsing the thread.
That's a great idea!

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Oh I think it should totally should show everyone :) I think it just doesn't and uses logic similar to that :)
Yes, I think I understand. I'm pretty computer illiterate though. :))

That's a great idea!
Yeah, just wanted to make sure lol. Sometimes my shorthand in thinking makes sense to me, but is like what language are you speaking? to others lol

Reactions: BlueWidow and MysticPerception
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Oh I think it should totally should show everyone :) I think it just doesn't and uses logic similar to that :)

Yeah, just wanted to make sure lol. Sometimes my shorthand in thinking makes sense to me, but is like what language are you speaking? to others lol
I'm gonna open a thread in Feedback about this to see if we can't eventually get this function added.

Reactions: BlueWidow and Carina
SanitySalvage

SanitySalvage

The Ugliest King
Jan 11, 2020
Having some hot dogs right now while my dog just stares at me. I get why but I hate it... I hate when anyone looks at me while I'm eating lol also my mom pointed out my stomach and said I looked like the people on My 600lb Life and that's the reason I watch the show soooo I'm trying not to cry about it :)

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow, MysticPerception and Carina
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
Having some hot dogs right now while my dog just stares at me. I get why but I hate it... I hate when anyone looks at me while I'm eating lol also my mom pointed out my stomach and said I looked like the people on My 600lb Life and that's the reason I watch the show soooo I'm trying not to cry about it :)
Aw, I'm sorry :(
That was kind of a jerky thing for your mom to say.