Breakout92

Breakout92

Student
Mar 10, 2021
One thing that I find helps with this method is to tilt your head back as you do it. It seems to make the arteries in the neck much more accessible. I'm not sure how to do this for the actual method, but for those searching for their sweet spot it helps.

I've started sort of "self harming" using this method with just my hands. I cut off the carotids until I nearly black out. My arms get too weak during the process to completely lose consciousness but I can get close.

Reactions: MaybeSoon and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
I finally have good news to update with. It seems like pressing the bottom corner of the lentil filled bags into my arteries causes a similar effect to using my fingers! I can only hope now to be able to tape them in place so they work and dont move while im tryna die. Any input is welcome, im going to try finding an endless ratchet cause my ratchet is too Ratchet with those knots tied up.

LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
I have been experimenting on this with some folded socks and a belt to find my spot, I think I can find my spot since I can feel it pulsating under the finger, however no matter the amount of pressure I apply with the hands or belt I don't even feel close to passing out, I get some head dizziness but I think that comes from me compressing the windpipe a little bit. Also would it be better for people with a long neck to press near the head or near the shoulders?

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
I have been experimenting on this with some folded socks and a belt to find my spot, I think I can find my spot since I can feel it pulsating under the finger, however no matter the amount of pressure I apply with the hands or belt I don't even feel close to passing out, I get some head dizziness but I think that comes from me compressing the windpipe a little bit. Also would it be better for people with a long neck to press near the head or near the shoulders?
You are finding I believe, a superficial pulse, keep pressing in further, deeper, the pulse should be very strong.

decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
Its my belief socks dont work, fingers work since theyre sharply targeting the arteries and i think that is why people die from knotted scarves, and why the pointy corners of my bags work too
I never press that hard with my fingers, it works when im hitting the arteries directly

Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
Finally got the materials and began messing with the ratchet strap and tutorial to learn the basics. Man, the lever itself is much heavier than I anticipated which makes behind the neck handling awkward at first haha. I need to get used to the feeling of using the ratchet. It's much more awkward than I initially visualized. I want to be able to tighten it as quickly or slowly as possible and also loosen and release it quickly once I'm about to pass out (when practicing so i don't go prematurely). They weren't kidding when they said you need to be ready to die at any attempt using this method. Could be on the verge of passing out, freak out and reach the release too late and ctb anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: WatermelonMel
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
Damn, Ratchet seems premium compared to duct tape.

I'm thinking of having it shipped but need an excuse as to why I purchased a ratchet since I never go outside lol, it would be pretty awkward trying to explain it.

Edit: Ordered, will get in a few days. Figured it'll be in a package and nobody would go through my stuff.

Last edited:
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
Damn, Ratchet seems premium compared to duct tape.

I'm thinking of having it shipped but need an excuse as to why I purchased a ratchet since I never go outside lol, it would be pretty awkward trying to explain it.
Oops. I meant to reply to this last night haha. Apparently they can be used for a lot more things besides securing cargo. You can use them to make a tight rope to walk on and say you want to start tight-rope walking as a hobby. Can also be used to secure a hammock to a tree. You could use one of those excuses if they ever ask about it. I also never leave the house when I'm at home so since I'm at school, I figured it'd be best to buy all the materials before summer break so I don't have to come up with an excuse as to what I ordered lol. Give us an update when it finally arrives :)

LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
Tried to do it with fingers again, this time I think I'm getting closer, I had earphones on and pressing made me feel the pulse (like that of my heart) in my left earphone, don't know if that's a good sign, that was only on the left side tho, again I felt a bit dizzy but not really exploding like other people described it and despite holding it for some time I still couldn't feel like passing out. Does anyone have tips on how to find my sweet spot?

Breakout92

Breakout92

Student
Mar 10, 2021
Tried to do it with fingers again, this time I think I'm getting closer, I had earphones on and pressing made me feel the pulse (like that of my heart) in my left earphone, don't know if that's a good sign, that was only on the left side tho, again I felt a bit dizzy but not really exploding like other people described it and despite holding it for some time I still couldn't feel like passing out. Does anyone have tips on how to find my sweet spot?
I think if you're doing it right you should actually not feel any pulse in either ear anymore. If you feel a pulse, that means there's blood flow. It's possible that you cut off just the right side but not the left.

Wonderful_Werther

Wonderful_Werther

Aug 23, 2020
I've tried this method and so far I can only strangle my external cartoid arteries.

From this position how would I locate my internal ones?

Whilst strangling my external ones, I became light headed but there is a slight numbing pain around my jaw and mouth after a while, plus it defintely doesn't make me pass out in 7 seconds lol

Reactions: thelastofit
GarbageFactory

GarbageFactory

Softboy™
Feb 10, 2021
Hey everyone,

Been talking to a lot of people in the chat and trying to explain this method, and one user wanted me to make a post about it, so here goes everything.

We're going after a classic idea of using a blood choke, except, it will be against ourselves. In the privacy of our own homes. In a fully relaxed state.

This method is fully capable and will kill you very fast. I know this because it's what we were taught in the Marine Corps.

First, you're going to want some Gorilla tape OR a tree ratchet.

Second, get two Sackhole/Cornhole bags.

Now, depending on what you're using, you'll want to lie on the ground and put the bags on these two exact areas on your neck (In blue).

face.jpg

The reason we're lying on the ground is that we want to be able not to have to fuss over putting the bags on us and making sure they don't fall out of place before we use the ratchet or the tape. You're putting the bags on these two areas to go after the internal carotid arteries.

Start cinching the ratchet closed or wrap the tape around your neck once. Is everything feeling good? I'm glad. If not, then uncinch it a little and place the bags. You want to make sure that you're not compressing the windpipe as that could cause you to freak out a little.

We want this to be painless and fast.

After you're comfortable, sit down if you want to or stand up. Do whatever you want honestly. Start wrapping the tape around your neck more and a little tighter or start closing the ratchet more.

In about 5-20 seconds you will pass out. After that, it's pretty much game over unless you somehow hit the ratchet release. That's why I said we could also use tape as well. With the gorilla tape, it will make sure that you don't inadvertently try to tear the tap off... because it will be strong as hell around your neck.

After you pass out, it will only take a few minutes, and you will be brain dead from the complete lack of blood flow to your brain.

I think I've explained this pretty well and I hope you guys understand the method. If not, please don't hesitate and I'm sure that I can help you out or someone else in the community can help you out.
Is there a way that this method can be perfected with zip ties?

Wonderful_Werther

Wonderful_Werther

Aug 23, 2020
Is there a way that this method can be perfected with zip ties?
This doesn't answer your specific question but another user made a very detailed guide, with pictures included, that might help some of you to get this method right.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...n-korean-night-night-tourniquet-method.40458/

Reactions: GarbageFactory and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
U

unworthy_

Mar 19, 2021
I just simply pressed hard on the pulsing areas earlier today and i am having migraine now. I hope this is a telling sign i found the spot ?

Wonderful_Werther

Wonderful_Werther

Aug 23, 2020
I just simply pressed hard on the pulsing areas earlier today and i am having migraine now. I hope this is a telling sign i found the spot ?
If you go to page 2 of the other post that I suggested above, another user has kindly put together a series of youtube videos that explain how to find the cartoid arteries.

Honestly you might not know if it works until you try it with all of the equipment, if you're curious and want to try it ASAP, you can place a rolled up pillow case, one on each side of your neck and then using a belt wrapped around your neck tighten this belt to apply pressure.When I did it using that testing method I placed the belt around the top of my cartoid arteries and I defintely felt the pressure

When i actually use it to cbt I'll be using a ratchet tie down (https://www.toolstation.com/thorsen-endless-tie-down-set/p68419), a belt tie down for help applying pressure (https://www.diy.com/departments/diall-black-cambuckle-tie-down-strap-l-2-5m/1536307_BQ.prd), pillow cases and some small plastic containers (like the ones that ear buds from a pharmacist come in) all for extra help applying the pressure
Here's a post containing a picture of somebody holding down their cartoid artery https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/cant-find-my-carotid-artery.29991/

Last edited:
Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness and unworthy_
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
Hi all. I've bought the cornhole bags and gorilla tape. I'm not sure when I'll go through with things yet, but it feels like a relief to have them.

I tested feeling my cartoid arteries. There was no pain but I did experience the sensation of my head expanding, like it was filling with empty space. I haven't done it long enough to pass out just yet though.

I've noticed that most people I've seen post seem to favour the ratchet. I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but are there issues with using gorilla tape instead?

Secondly, I do have a physical disability. I should still be able to carry it through, but if there's anyone who has tips on using the bags and tape with one hand (and limited use of the other hand), it'd help a lot. I appreciate that's a very specific request though.
I don't think it'd be an issue at all. There are benefits and disadvantages to using both in my opinion. The reason the ratchet attracted me is because of how affordable it is, while being slightly more efficient at keeping the pressure distribution even (compared to a scarf, bedsheet etc.). The straps that wrap around your neck don't change place after feeding it through the loop, keeping the area it covers constant each time (compared to having to physically wrap something around your neck multiple times). The lever itself keeps the pressure constant so you don't have to worry about wrapping the strap around multiple times and making sure it hits the same area each time. Also, it's much easier adjustment if you start to feel the head pulsing feeling, since you hit the release and readjust compared to having to remove tape each time.

The only problem I would see is the fact that the ratchet has a release. When SI kicks in, the lever takes a good 2-5 seconds to release (from prior accounts earlier in the thread). With gorilla tape, there is no release, making it more "certain". As in once you secure the tape and wrap it around the area, cut it, and leave it, the amount of effort it would take to unwrap the tape and unstick it is greater. While you'd be slipping into unconsciousness, the lack of alertness makes it more certain.

I think both would work just as well, it's just the tape would be more of a hassle to deal with for where I plan on ctbing, I want to be able to quickly adjust and refasten in the heat of the moment

Last edited:
Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, Rabitfever and LastLoveLetter
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I've noticed that most people I've seen post seem to favour the ratchet. I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but are there issues with using gorilla tape instead?
It's more of a personal preference and they are both equally as effective, originally I was going to use gorilla tape but it's not reusable like the ratchet is, if you mess up your placement you are going to need to cut off all that tape which is now useless whereas with the ratchet you just hit the ratchet release and you're good to go again.

So I guess if you're using tape make sure the placement is right and that it won't produce the awful exploding head feeling

Reactions: LastLoveLetter and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
This doesn't answer your specific question but another user made a very detailed guide, with pictures included, that might help some of you to get this method right.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...n-korean-night-night-tourniquet-method.40458/

Interesting that in that thread the lever for the ratchet goes in the front by the adam's apple. I always assumed it'd go behind the neck since a solid object like that might feel uncomfortable for guys with big adam's apples (a few of the earlier post in this thread noted that problem. Does the reliability change if you place the ratchet behind the neck vs in front? I guess it makes sense for it to go on the front if you're planning on lying down instead of sitting up to do this

Last edited:
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
Give us an update when it finally arrives :)
It shipped REALLY fast, like the very next day :smiling:
yozAYVM.jpg

And hey! I get 2. lol.

I hope this is the right one (It was about $10 cheaper than the one Kooz linked), I think I saw this in a video on the very first page of this thread so that's what made me immediately purchase it.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, LastLoveLetter and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
It shipped REALLY fast, like the very next day :smiling:
yozAYVM.jpg

And hey! I get 2. lol.

I hope this is the right one (It was about $10 cheaper than the one Kooz linked), I think I saw this in a video on the very first page of this thread so that's what made me immediately purchase it.
Nice! The same thing happened with mine. I put free shipping on it, and it pretty much came the next day haha. Yup! That's the right one. I got the same exact one and it came with two like yours. Yours is endless without hooks which is exactly what's recommended. Idk why the endless ones are easier to find online compared to the store. I searched Walmart and Lowe's and all I could find were the ones with the annoying hooks on them so just got mine from amazon like yours. Mine was also cheeper than the one that was recommended (mainly since I choose the shortest length available, since I knew I wasn't gonna need that much length of 8 or 14ft)

Reactions: WatermelonMel and LastLoveLetter
LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
Does anyone have a real photo of where the veins to occlude would be? I still can't seem to find my spot with my hands, this is getting frustrating :(

• Aww..
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
Does anyone have a real photo of where the veins to occlude would be? I still can't seem to find my spot with my hands, this is getting frustrating :(
I feel ya. It is quite frustrating :( I tried again yesterday with my fingers and got a slight head pulsing feeling. This time I aimed slightly higher, just below the jaw. I don't think I'm putting pressure on it fast enough/not pressing hard enough. It should be sudden, and constant, not a slow build up. I'm just gonna practice with the actual materials this weekend when I have time. I figure, if I can get myself to almost pass out using the materials I'll use to ctb anyway then I should do that instead (I know it's a dangerous game to play but if I accidentally ctb while practicing I guess I'd be ok with it). If this doesn't work I might force myself to use a more direct method

LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
I feel ya. It is quite frustrating :( I tried again yesterday with my fingers and got a slight head pulsing feeling. This time I aimed slightly higher, just below the jaw. I don't think I'm putting pressure on it fast enough/not pressing hard enough. It should be sudden, and constant, not a slow build up. I'm just gonna practice with the actual materials this weekend when I have time. I figure, if I can get myself to almost pass out using the materials I'll use to ctb anyway then I should do that instead (I know it's a dangerous game to play but if I accidentally ctb while practicing I guess I'd be ok with it). If this doesn't work I might force myself to use a more direct method
Got it, I'll still try with my hands for now.
I've bought the ractchet at the DiY store however I still don't know what to use as bags, I've read that cornhole bags and socks tend to disperse the pressure uselessly and I thought that maybe something like slim long and metallic would work better, but I don't know what to use for now. Maybe metal pill boxes

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
Got it, I'll still try with my hands for now.
I've bought the ractchet at the DiY store however I still don't know what to use as bags
I found medicine caps apply the pressure almost as well as fingers, but I never tried cornhole bags so not sure if that's an improvement

LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
Did it again, couldn't pass out but my face turned really purple (I was in front of a mirror)
I think that's my spot
Hopefully I ctb as soon as I find an isolated place to do it

Reactions: FuneralCry and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
Update: I tried again and folded the empty parts of the bean bags by wrapping them around rubber bands (this way it feels rounder and like an actual bicep and forearm wrapping around my neck). Unfortunately I just can't seem to get myself to pass out. I was practicing on my chair which is probably the first issue. I tightened it as far as it could go, but I guess I was going too slow? I kept it there for as long as I could and I began to feel the sides of my neck pulsating. It was mildly uncomfortable but my neck didn't feel as painful as when I tried yesterday (unless I'm getting used to the pain). I had no head explosion feeling which is a plus. Didn't feel like I was suffocating but felt like my neck was being compressed (idk if that's the right wording).

I had difficulty swallowing when everything was tightened but I could breathe perfectly fine. I felt a little dizzy but it quickly went away. I honestly thought it wasn't working until I looked in the mirror and saw my forehead vein popping out and my face looking "puffy" and a little purple? I quickly released the strap after that. I also saw my neck veins were popping out a little.

Some context: Each time I practice I hold back because it takes 4-5 cranks to really secure the bags. By the last crank everything suddenly tightens so much, and then it feels so tight that I can't crank anymore, but I know I can force myself to tighten it just once more. I'm not sure if that one extra crank is the point of no return which is why I'm hesitating doing it. (Since I can be found during the day). I think I'll try again tonight laying down on the bed and tighten it all the way to see what happens. I'm pretty much ready to go at this point so if I fall off the face of the Earth you'll know it worked/I was found and hospitalized (hopefully the first). If it doesn't work I'll update in the morning

Last edited:
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I've been seriously looking into this method, pretty much because it's supposed to be relatively quick and painless if you do it right, and the materials are cheap and easy to find. I'd certainly rather do doctor-assisted suicide at Pegasos, but that's clearly not happening. I don't have 10,000 euros, plus travel and expenses, burning a hole in my pocket, and even if I did, it's nearly impossible to fly from the U.S. to Switzerland due to covid travel restrictions. (Thanks everybody who decided that coronavirus was a hoax!) So I'm stuck with sneakily trying to crush my carotid arteries before anyone notices, and then horrifying the relatives who unexpectedly find my body. Just throwing that out there for any pro-life types who might be lurking. Banning painless suicide really just leads to painful, horrible suicides.

Anyhow, as I read through the thread I see that this technique not as easy as you might expect. There is a section of the PPeH called "The Korean Method" that might be helpful, though. (Sorry if that's been posted before--there are a lot of pages in this thread.) There are a couple of videos that are unavailable in the pdf version, which is a pity, but they do have pictures that show the point you're aiming for: a spot where your carotid splits into a Y shape, just below the angle of your jaw. They recommend finding it by pressing with your fingers and feeling the pulse, and then marking the spot with an eyebrow pencil or something.

There's a Canadian right-to-die activist who recommends using the cut ends of potatoes* inside your night-night collar, as a means of pressing on your carotids in a more targeted way. I tried out the concept with some typical Idaho russets (no collar yet, just pressing with my hands), and it seemed pretty effective. When I got the right spot, I felt sort of sick and woozy almost immediately. Apparently the "sweet spot" triggers the vagus nerve, among other things. It's not hard to see how you might pass out pretty quickly by pressing in that area. I guess you should really only need about 2.5 psi of pressure, which isn't painfully hard at all.

I was thinking that I'd put about 2 or 3 inches (5-7 cm) of cut potato ends inside the bean bags, to transfer the maximum amount of pressure onto the right spot in my neck. I'm quite fat, so I need to use something that will press through the layer of fatty tissue over my arteries. I don't think that the relatively blunt pressure of a hand-sized bean bag would do the trick--certainly not without a really painful amount of ratchet tightening. People with edema in their faces and necks, or body builders who have a lot of muscle in that area, might face similar challenges.

It also seems to be important to crush the arteries flat as swiftly as possible. If you take a long time tightening the strap, either because you're not sure you want to go yet or because things won't stay positioned right, you won't get the swift blackout effect and you'll be forced to remain conscious for what may be an unacceptably long time. I recommend holding off with the full setup until you're ready to ctb without hesitation. If you want to just test things out, maybe only use your fingers or the ends of potatoes.

I admit I'm not sure how I'm going to get everything to stay put in the ideal position, particularly how I'm going to keep the potatoes stuck up against the beanbags. I suppose you could use something of a similar shape that is less wet and slimy, like maybe the pointy half of plastic Easter eggs, but those are less generally available. I might try positioning the setup around some kind of pole or post, if I can find a suitable one, or maybe just around my leg.

Do be careful about using the ratchet strap around body parts until you can sort out how it works, though. I tightened the thing around my thigh and then almost couldn't get it off. My ratchet does not appear to do a particularly smooth and easy open-and-release. Or maybe it does, and I'm just stupid. So far though, I've had to do this difficult and irritating manual unwinding of the strap after I open the lever to 180 degrees. There is what the instructions call a "spring-loaded release pawl," but if it has any actual effect I haven't noticed it.

* I realize that we have a worldwide user base here, and I'm unsure if there are places where potatoes are difficult to find. You could use just about anything that is firm, shapeable with a household knife, and won't cause comment if it's found in your possession.

• Love
Reactions: My_name_is_Luka, Last chance, Pen>Sword and 1 other person
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
It also seems to be important to crush the arteries flat as swiftly as possible. If you take a long time tightening the strap, either because you're not sure you want to go yet or because things won't stay positioned right, you won't get the swift blackout effect and you'll be forced to remain conscious for what may be an unacceptably long time. I recommend holding off with the full setup until you're ready to ctb without hesitation. If you want to just test things out, maybe only use your fingers or the ends of potatoes.
I think you're right about this, my first time I tested I immediately pushed both fingers into my carotid arteries, I instantly felt light headed and was losing my vision, the second time I slowly pushed my fingers in, I felt lightheaded but I got that awful exploding head feeling and my vision was fine, but I'm hoping that was due to incorrect positioning

Can someone confirm if it's right? The way the OP says to clinch the ratchet makes it sound like you could do it slowly

Last edited:
  • Love