B

Bigyeah

Jul 18, 2020
Functionally they're the same. They both target the same area for the same effect.
Fair point. I've practiced with ratchet strap, scarf and two small items where I believe my carotid's are, with no quick blacking out. Just wish I could have/find that neck brace shown in the video

Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
Keep trying to practice this with my fingers. All I'm getting is an out of breath sensation and some pain.

This_sux ✓

This_sux ✓

Forever alone
Aug 6, 2020
Please don't do this. After few seconds of lack of oxygen you will feel like your head is going to pop. Also there's guaranteed "head pain" no matter if you succeed or not.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Please don't do this. After few seconds of lack of oxygen you will feel like your head is going to pop. Also there's guaranteed "head pain" no matter if you succeed or not.
Are you saying people shouldn't do the night night method?
What is a better method then?

Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
This_sux ✓ said:
There has clearly been success. But finding the carotids is challenging. I don't feel pain in my head the pain I feel is the places I put pressure which probably means I'm pressing too hard and in the wrong places.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
There is no better method all these methods suck. They don't work lol they just post this crap for likes and shit
I'm not sure I understand the first sentence.
Are you saying night night doesn't work?

Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
I recently purchased a ratchet strap and plan to try this using some old folded hand rags.
They should function pretty similarly to bags.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
it doesn't work for the average fucking dumbass
Tried it many times and the carotid artery is way to deep for myself

What if somebody doesn't want to 'do something spectacular'?
Not everyone can access a gun.
'Ramming a car into a house' is just stupid, probably won't work, and could end up killing other people.
You say you're a 'suicideology professional', but you just sound like an angry person lashing out on a suicide forum.
Maybe you are going through a tough time, and I'm sorry if you are, but try being a bit more sensitive and logical.

"i have no motivation, no happiness. only hatred. i hate everything. im a disappointment. im disgusting, poor hygiene. i literally do not care about a single fucking thing on this entire planet. not one thing interests me. i have 0 emotions. i never cry, never laugh, never anything. im nothing. im a shell of a human. there is no point in living..."

So I just saw this post of yours from a while ago. I'm really sorry that life has been so harsh on you. I guess there is nothing I can really say though.
But you do have emotions, if you have hatred.

Last edited:
Reactions: fafnir, WatermelonMel, Sarahlynn and 2 others
Goghaway

Goghaway

Aug 20, 2020
Oh dear. Yes, please be kind here. For some of us, this is the only community we have. I'm sorry you're in pain. We all are, otherwise we wouldn't be here. I plan on hanging myself. I don't really care how it goes as long as it gets the job done :)

• Aww..
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
S

slj25

Aug 15, 2020
I don't know how active this thread is, but the method seems really simple and painless, but I've been seeing a lot of comments saying they're having difficulties. Do we know how useful and reliable this method actually is? Because I don't want to have to buy the items required just to find out it doesn't really work. Speaking of which, if the method is reliable, would these cornhole bags and tree ratchets be good to use? (The corn gold bags are 6" x 6" and 16oz) 3BB5563C A76D 4DA3 90EF EA0AC525FFC1 741C818E F5CF 47EC 84A4 7941F7939E1F

L

lindabread

Sep 14, 2020
Since I can't seem to edit my posts on mobile, I will stress that everyone read the first three pages very slowly and attentively.

Remember, with this method you don't have to rush things at all.

Especially the ratchet.

If you don't find yourself fading in less than 15 seconds, please loosen the ratchet and take a breather. Find your spot when you're ready again, and slowly clamp the ratchet.

There is no reason to skip any information at all. No reason to rush. When everything is done correctly, you will sleep and catch the bus.

I can't stress it enough though, please read everything and take it slowly. Slow is fast, fast is slow.
So if been trying this method with the endless ratchet strap and I just can't seem to find the spot which "works". my last practice run, I tightened the ratchet as tight as it could go without breaking skin (which if youve used an endless ratchet you would know is TIGHT) and still was just asphyxiating myself as opposed to blood choking. There was even a scary moment (lol) where the ratchet wouldn't loosen and I thought I was probably going to die like that haha. Do you (or anyone for that matter), have any tips for finding the sweet spot and for the relative tightness? I haven't been using been bags yet but just curious about ideas :).

BlueDream77

BlueDream77

Aug 26, 2020
I fully interested in this method. I just need need to know , how much time does it take to finalize?

Merith

Merith

Oct 24, 2019
It should be possible to make do with cable ties, right?

SpinningSong

SpinningSong

Student
Oct 9, 2020
Thought about using strap clamp as an alternative, what do you guys think?
E0E9FA0A5347443FFD27B96ACCD635EDF68D762F0A45E87B9BAD4DE81064EAAF

• Love
Reactions: Salt
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I need to do more research into this method. It seems like more complex but more comfortable hanging. I certainly can't seem to pass out with hands using a good bit of weight, but perhaps it works better with objects.

• Love
Reactions: SpinningSong
SpinningSong

SpinningSong

Student
Oct 9, 2020
I need to do more research into this method. It seems like more complex but more comfortable hanging. I certainly can't seem to pass out with hands using a good bit of weight, but perhaps it works better with objects.
Look what I've found! Seems way more user friendly.

Attachments

• 58432-01-1000.jpg
    58432-01-1000.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211
SpinningSong

SpinningSong

Student
Oct 9, 2020
So this is my set up atm: Rockler and some antistress "balls"

Attachments

• 20201015_162234.jpg
    20201015_162234.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 59
Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020
How will my body look like ? Will my face be blue ?

SpinningSong

SpinningSong

Student
Oct 9, 2020
How will my body look like ? Will my face be blue ?
Think it depends if you compess jagulars or carotid arteries. If you compress both it should be less blue.. I suppose we all turn a little blue when we die..

Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020
Think it depends if you compess jagulars or carotid arteries. If you compress both it should be less blue.. I suppose we all turn a little blue when we die..
but no weird facial distortion or eyes popping out ? lol

Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020
found a website that helps a lot to visualize the location of the carotid here

SpinningSong

SpinningSong

Student
Oct 9, 2020
found a website that helps a lot to visualize the location of the carotid here
Good one! Looks like you're invested in the method! Nice, cuz the thread is almost dead.. Keep me updated on your progress ;)

Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020
Good one! Looks like you're invested in the method! Nice, cuz the thread is almost dead.. Keep me updated on your progress ;)
Yeah im working on a 3d printable model of two ergonomic plastic blocks that fits the neck that would make it easier to apply pressure on the right spot

Reactions: dropdeadfred
SpinningSong

SpinningSong

Student
Oct 9, 2020
Yeah im working on a 3d printable model of two ergonomic plastic blocks that fits the neck that would make it easier to apply pressure on the right spot
That's the spirit ! ♡ thought about it as well, but I couldn't find my sweet spot sofar. For the ratchet I would recommend Rockler. Have you tried the method using some other stuff for compression just for testing?
So you're going to make a model of your neck first ? Could you explain me a process in brief? Rly interested, been working on the night-night for a while and happy that someone else is again active in the thread and is interested in the method, two minds better than one!

Last edited:
Reactions: dropdeadfred