mycabbages

mycabbages

still here
Oct 23, 2019
I tried making a tourniquet with an old shirt and a wooden spoon. It worked really well and got to the point of almost passing out.

Reactions: reapandsow918
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
For the tourniquet, the size of the spoon should be enough so that when let loose, it actually blocks itself on your colar bone or another part of your body.
I'm also going to add that hanging didn't work for me, except with a ratchet, just like in this video.

Yes, it's a video that shows the danger of playing hanging, and it gave me the clue to properly have success with the method.

Reactions: jwalker9715 and mycabbages
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Here's what I've gathered together but i ended up first getting a ratchet with a hook cause I couldn't find one without one unless it's online. I then cut the hook off and tied the strap with a slip knot. I may try to get one without a hook later but I'm too lazy for now. I know this won't add the extra 'pressure' needed but I've practiced with it and it seems able enough atleast with making me feel numbed out and about to faint.

Materials:

1. Mittens. I replaced the socks suggestion with regular stove top mittens that I cut in half and then folded/rolled them up.

2. Tape. I used 2 kinds of tape, one is duct tape and the other is just a regular smaller tape.

3. Bottle caps. Any bottle caps from a plastic bottle would do. This is optional of course as I've tried with them and think they'd add some extra pressure to put on the carotid arteries atleast with mine.

4. Scissors. Any should do just have to be durable to cut the mittens in half and duct tape.

5. Great Northern Beans. I used them cause they don't move as much as other materials inside the mittens like rice, other beans, etc.

-----

6. Cable ties. An 18 inch one for the neck used as a way to mimick ligature strangulation and 8 inch ones to tie the hands and maybe feet. This is optional and experimental on my part, otherwise it has nothing to do with the taped up mittens.
IMG 6804
Here's my setup for both full suspension and partial suspension. With partial, I'm thinking of using a two-step ladder to help slowly slide myself and drop my way down to the floor and hold on to it until I feel numb. But with full suspension I'm thinking the added pressure from my weight would help but I'm unsure. Any suggestions?

My only worry is the space between the strap and my Adam's apple. Will this be a problem? I may have to make the mittens smaller to decrease the space between. I wish I asked @Kooz about this before he passed, but damn. Anyway, if anyone could pitch in I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_6795.JPG
    IMG_6795.JPG
    801.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_6816.PNG
    IMG_6816.PNG
    195.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6817.PNG
    IMG_6817.PNG
    196.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_6819.PNG
    IMG_6819.PNG
    183.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6822.PNG
    IMG_6822.PNG
    194.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_6824.PNG
    IMG_6824.PNG
    200.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_6829.PNG
    IMG_6829.PNG
    159.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_6831.PNG
    IMG_6831.PNG
    139.2 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_6830.PNG
    IMG_6830.PNG
    162.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_6828.PNG
    IMG_6828.PNG
    143.5 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Reactions: Introspector, ChronicLoser, Nora Rony and 6 others
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
Here's what I've gathered together but i ended up first getting a ratchet with a hook cause I couldn't find one without one unless it's online. I then cut the hook off and tied the strap with a slip knot. I may try to get one without a hook later but I'm too lazy for now. I know this won't add the extra 'pressure' needed but I've practiced with it and it seems able enough atleast with making me feel numbed out and about to faint.

Materials:

1. Mittens. I replaced the socks suggestion with regular stove top mittens that I cut in half and then folded/rolled them up.

2. Tape. I used 2 kinds of tape, one is duct tape and the other is just a regular smaller tape.

3. Bottle caps. Any bottle caps from a plastic bottle would do. This is optional of course as I've tried with them and think they'd add some extra pressure to put on the carotid arteries atleast with mine.

4. Scissors. Any should do just have to be durable to cut the mittens in half and duct tape.

5. Great Northern Beans. I used them cause they don't move as much as other materials inside the mittens like rice, other beans, etc.

-----

6. Cable ties. An 18 inch one for the neck used as a way to mimick ligature strangulation and 8 inch ones to tie the hands and maybe feet. This is optional and experimental on my part, otherwise it has nothing to do with the taped up mittens.
View attachment 19614
Here's my setup for both full suspension and partial suspension. With partial, I'm thinking of using a two-step ladder to help slowly slide myself and drop my way down to the floor and hold on to it until I feel numb. But with full suspension I'm thinking the added pressure from my weight would help but I'm unsure. Any suggestions?

My only worry is the space between the strap and my Adam's apple. Will this be a problem? I may have to make the mittens smaller to decrease the space between. I wish I asked @Kooz about this before he passed, but damn. Anyway, if anyone could pitch in I would greatly appreciate it.

For partial suspension, don't put weight in too slowly, it lenghtens the process and makes it actually hareder to achieve enough weight. Rather, put immediately some weight to get trough it, it makes it much easier. For full suspension your wieght is enough. I can't say how unconfortable it is, that changes for everyone. The best is just to "test" partial to get a feel for how much pressure is enough and if your vision is going dark, you got it. And being partial, you can stand up.

When I do it (like in the vid I posted right before you), I have much less padding so no space, this being said, the pressure shouldn't be on the apple but next to it, so it might still work.
As I said, test partial, you can just get a feel what works best with different settings without the risk of doing a no-return full suspention. Once you know what's best, you're set.

Reactions: mycabbages and Circles
beyondbreath

beyondbreath

Nov 19, 2019
hey everyone, sorry if this is a stupid question or if its been answered already in this thread (big thread so I may have missed it). So I see this method includes some sort of bags/cloths and such to push on the arteries. How heavy would you recommend the material, bags, etc be? Or is it less a question of heaviness and more an issue of how tightly you wrap your rope/ratchet/whatever to compress the arteries with the bags/materials? Thank you.

I

Ineedtobedead

Nov 11, 2019
Would there be any body convulsion after you pass out? Hope it'll be quiet for me.. I really need this to work, can't afford another failed attempt anymore

angele

angele

gay trans man (he/him)
Nov 20, 2019
hey everyone, sorry if this is a stupid question or if its been answered already in this thread (big thread so I may have missed it). So I see this method includes some sort of bags/cloths and such to push on the arteries. How heavy would you recommend the material, bags, etc be? Or is it less a question of heaviness and more an issue of how tightly you wrap your rope/ratchet/whatever to compress the arteries with the bags/materials? Thank you.
late response, but from what i've gathered it's less about the weight of the bags and more about the density and squishy-ness... you don't want something too soft where the contents of the bag are gonna shift around too much.

Reactions: beyondbreath
beyondbreath

beyondbreath

Nov 19, 2019
late response, but from what i've gathered it's less about the weight of the bags and more about the density and squishy-ness... you don't want something too soft where the contents of the bag are gonna shift around too much.

that makes sense, thank you

Reactions: angele
I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
As someone who loves to choke herself, this is definitely one of the methods. The other one would be nitrogen asphyxiation.

Whenever I need a break or rather escape from reality, when the pain is too much, or I need time to myself as I'm constantly bombarded by intrusive thoughts, choking is my go to. It gives me space to think clearly in an almost euphoric state. I've gone overboard once and had it not been for my ex stopping me, I may have gone all the way. It's really peaceful and calming, though you'll feel the pulse and your head filling up with pressure but it doesn't really hurt. You start to tune out all the noises from the outside world. It's really hard to explain but choking, usually with my phone charging cord, has given me a sense of relief at times.

Reactions: Imustbefree, notjustyetagain and Qbert

1ma51llyb01

Sep 2, 2019
Im finding it really hard to find my carotid pulse

I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
Im finding it really hard to find my carotid pulse
Someone here mentioned about jogging in place to find them. I forgot who and which thread it was but maybe you can try that?

I

Ineedtobedead

Nov 11, 2019
It's an acronym for "catch the bus" meaning suicide.

Here's a link to the terminology used on this forum:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/acronyms-on-here-for-new-users.6031

From your username, may I assume you are Japanese?

I think you may have your words mixed up. On each side of the neck, you have the carotid arteries and jugular veins. With this method, we are trying to compress the carotid arteries, stopping blood from entering the brain, without compressing the jugular veins too much. Unfortunately, they are very close together.

You may have found the correct spot, but the only way to be sure is to apply enough pressure to both sides to test. If you start to feel light-headed or dizzy without feeling pressure building in your head.

If you feel pressure building in your head, then you are blocking the jugular veins, stopping blood from leaving the brain. This means that you probably don't have the right position or that you are applying too much pressure and blocking both.

The jugular veins carry 100% of the blood from the brain, but the carotid arteries carry less than 100% of the blood to the brain.

It is not easy to find the perfect place and does require practice.
Wait, so we need to avoid compressin gthe jugular veins too much? how would that be possible when the jugular veins are right outside of the arteries? I thought we just need to compress the jugular veins and the arteries at the same time since there's no way to avoid jugulars if you wanna compress the arteries?

Reactions: wanttodie12345
Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
I canceled my orders. Was going to do SN. This method is very appealing, and it is lights out very quick. Thank you OP.

Valdi

Valdi

What's my life/ the world come to?
Nov 8, 2019
How have people found this method. I've tried, bought 5 ratchets before I got the right one. Bought proper cornhole bags and know where my carotid arteries are but can't pass out. It's frustrating. Can anyone confirm this is legit as I'm hoping it's an easy way out x

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
How have people found this method. I've tried, bought 5 ratchets before I got the right one. Bought proper cornhole bags and know where my carotid arteries are but can't pass out. It's frustrating. Can anyone confirm this is legit as I'm hoping it's an easy way out x

It's legit, it's just harder for some.
It doesn't work for me in the way it's described, it does for others, not me. That being said, I found an alternative that also uses a ratchet, and I don't need much padding, just where the metal is to avoid scruffing.

Check a few pages earlier, I posted a YT video of a dude that made prevention and showed how one can die when playing with a ratchet. Works wonders for me.

Valdi

Valdi

Nov 8, 2019
It's legit, it's just harder for some.
It doesn't work for me in the way it's described, it does for others, not me. That being said, I found an alternative that also uses a ratchet, and I don't need much padding, just where the metal is to avoid scruffing.

Check a few pages earlier, I posted a YT video of a dude that made prevention and showed how one can die when playing with a ratchet. Works wonders for me.
Thanks, I'll take a look. Feeling more determined now :)

maka

maka

this is for you, my little crow 𓇢𓆸
Apr 23, 2019
Are there any alternatives to cornhole bags? I know some people said socks, t-shirts, mittens, etc. Is there anything else I can use for more pressure (like a bottle cap?)

I have bottle caps, small cat toy bells, hand sized charger cases, and those big pink erasers.

I also have no access to ratchet straps. How does the tape method work, and what is the amount of pressure needed?

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness
Valdi

Valdi

Nov 8, 2019
Are there any alternatives to cornhole bags? I know some people said socks, t-shirts, mittens, etc. Is there anything else I can use for more pressure (like a bottle cap?)

I have bottle caps, small cat toy bells, hand sized charger cases, and those big pink erasers.

I also have no access to ratchet straps. How does the tape method work, and what is the amount of pressure needed?
I might be wrong but don't think the corn hole bags matter too much. I tried filling a sock with sand and a bottle lid inside. Then tried a couple bean bags from ebay. Neither worked. Going to make a post in a bit about my problems hope it helps.
Having problems as I've mentioned before with this method. Don't understand why it works for some and not others. I have a thin neck too. My set up has bean bags with a bottle lid attached. The bags are taped only 5 inches by 3. My carotids are marked and the caps are on them.

I get light headed and need to lie down (yanno the euphoric kind) but when I lie down everything comes back. The ratchet is so tight and can't physically go any tighter. Any advice? I really want this to be my exit but can't see it working.

Attachments

• 15755819616843036527168207920426.jpg
    15755819616843036527168207920426.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Reactions: maka
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
This is not my method but I've been practicing NN/partial for some relief? (I suppose) since last night. I found my sweet spot right away, started blacking out in a couple of seconds. It felt like hell, though, not because I was choking myself or hurting my neck. The cut-off of blood felt like hell. What is worse: Today I tried with a bathrobe belt, and immediately was blacking out and falling backwards. Then I stopped, but had a momentary loss of memory, and extremely loud metal-clanging noises and a feeling of shaking. Thought it was real at first, maybe an earthquake or construction. I was screaming.

Is this what people mean by exploding head? Anybody else extremely sensitive to any reduction of oxygen to the brain, like getting drunk or even falling asleep? (I mean the latter is not about less oxygen, but sometimes falling asleep feels like hell and I wake up screaming.) Wondering if I'm a weirdo.

Last edited:
X

xblox13

Dec 19, 2019
Hello all. New user here. Been a lurker on this thread for a while now. I'd just like to give my two cents as far as what has helped me with this method. I'd encourage those that are having difficulty with this method to read this. I'm using an endless ratchet, two socks, two bottle caps, and a rag.

This is a rough layout of my setup. This setup is either my 4th or 5th revision and is without a doubt the most effective so far. The ratchet would go on the back of my neck with the rag in between to prevent any pinching of the skin that might happen.

I have the socks folded up and taped together with a bottle cap taped on top of that. The remainder of the sock is then wrapped over the taped assembly to further assist with padding.
1220191242c

1220191242a

1220191242b

Measurements are below.
1220191242d

1220191243a

These are then placed along my neck in between the strap of the ratchet with the longest part oriented vertically and the bottle caps pressed against my "Sweet spots." For those that are having issues finding your sweet spots, I strongly suggest sitting down in a chair that you can bend your neck back in. If I'm sitting in my desk chair, for example, with my back all the way against the chair, the top of the padding of the chair is at a perfect height for a very generous amount of neck extension. I find having the neck in this bent back position greatly aides in finding that sweet spot. Adding to that, that same position also yields the best results with my setup. Sitting in my chair while wearing my setup with my neck extended as far as I can comfortably manage, it's only a matter of seconds before my body starts to go fuzzy. You might find that without extending your neck, you'll get the pressure build-up in the head. In my testing, extending the neck relieves said pressure quite quickly and will lead to the aforementioned fuzzy state. Looking back down after extending my neck gets rid of the fuzzy feeling and reintroduces the head pressure after a few seconds. Due to my survival instinct kicking in, I haven't managed to black out yet though I've gotten very close. I'm sure if I were to resist the urge, this would certainly do the trick.

I plan on doing a valsalva maneuver with the setup attached to put me out before I have the chance to react. The plan is to sit on the floor with the rig already in place, tested with a neck extension to make sure it's in proper position. Start the rapid breathing, 30 seconds later, stand up, sit in the desk chair in the proper position, lay my head back, and blow on my thumb until I pass out. The idea is that my body will already be in the position it needs to be in for my rig to work. Already being laid back in the chair should minimize any unwanted movements as my body goes limp. I will do this on the day I choose to ctb which will likely be before the end of this year.

I wish you all the best.

Reactions: redeeming_butterfly, Circles and NoDream
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have considered this method and will be one of my backups, should for any reason that I am unable to access my firearm. I am still working on finding that carotid artery to compress and since I haven't blacked out or started to lose vision or conscious, I feel like I am not doing it correctly (or haven't found the right spot yet).

Reactions: Circles
E

Elbarado

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
Is it nornal you feel your legs go like numb,dizzy,soft before you blackout?

Reactions: Imustbefree
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Is there a documented case where night-night actually worked? I feel like it's an internet suicide myth. There are autopsy reports about all sorts of suicide methods (helium hood kit, ratchet, ...) but I haven't seen it being the case with night-night. Anybody can supply a document?

Reactions: iDieUDie80 and dundyfundy
S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
Is there a documented case where night-night actually worked? I feel like it's an internet suicide myth. There are autopsy reports about all sorts of suicide methods (helium hood kit, ratchet, ...) but I haven't seen it being the case with night-night. Anybody can supply a document?

It is just a modified version of ligature strangulation. The name night night is OP's own invention

Reactions: NextSummer
kerolox

kerolox

Jul 5, 2019

It depends how strict you are with what counts as night-night, I've never seen a documented case specifically mentioning bean bags for example but it's hard to know what search terms would find them as the report might just call it strangulation device or something.

Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
Do you need to keep your neck in the extended position after you pass out?

J

Jojojo

Nov 7, 2019
There is none of this exact name and method. I don't know why you need documented case of that. There is plenty of videos, and explanation in this thread. It all makes sense and very logical. To make it look a bit more legit for you - this method is basically a partial hanging ( https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/ ) just in a different way. If you wonder how it looks - here is a real life example from UFC (start at 1:26) So, as you can see, you don't have to do it the OP way, you can change to you liking. You just need to make sure to apply pressure properly on your carotid arteries, and that no one will find you for about an hour (just to be safe). The only thing about this exact method: don't practice with bags and ratchet unless you are ready to CTB because there is a good chance you won't be able to undo ratchet/tape. Practice with fingers just to get an idea of arteries location and the feeling you should get.

Reactions: mycabbages and kerolox