• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AngelicGirl

AngelicGirl

Jun 15, 2023
I want to talk there but at the same time I'm afraid people will ignore me, not only that but the fast paced nature of chatrooms also overwhelm me, it's hard to keep up with the conversation flow! Before you know it the group has already moved on to another topic. I guess that just the nature of chatrooms. people fly from one topic to the next and that's fine. The main thing is that I'm just afraid to participate in it at all and I don't know how to get rid of this fear. Btw this post isn't meant to be spiteful towards anyone who chats in the chatrooms, I have no issues with any of you

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
what about maybe discord? some channels will have a 'slow mode' i think its called, so people can only send 1 message every x amount of time. maybe it would be slower so you feel a bit more comfortable.

i completely get it though, im the same way. "how can 'you' (the other people chatting) even know whats going on!!!??"

tbf sometimes they dont. sometimes ill watch the chat om my bf's stream, and he knows i have this problem so we've talked about it. it seems to be people having multiple conversations in one place (sometimes) and a mixture of the occasional random..... just random, like they just want to say "ive been here" almost.

and the ignoring thing, totally it doesnt help that im better at responding than i am at starting it (and with everything seemingly connecting to trauma im not ever good at responding)

.•° ✿ °•. °•. ✿ .•° .•° ✿ °•.​

i kind of went off on a ramble there, sorry. basically i get it so i try to stick to 1/1 chats (of course you typically have to join the main chat to find the people to 1/1 with)

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I completely get it because I feel the same way. I do feel the same way about getting ignored, but that's only part of it. Mostly my anxiety is because usually it already seems like a conversation is rolling and it doesn't seem natural to just jump in randomly. I don't know why, but I'm more shy online than I am in real life. Maybe it's because I've been able to work on that in real life but it doesn't really translate to online, it's weird. I end up just randomly going in, reading for a bit, then leaving. Much prefer more 1-to-1 conversations or threads like this since it's easier to talk and actually form, follow, and develop a conversation.

Last edited: