• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Which is more reliable, accessible, and peaceful

• OD

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Inert Gas

Votes: 18 94.7%

• Total voters
I

idontknow99

Nov 25, 2023
New user here - hi everyone!

I have been reading on this matter for some time and have been greatly enlightened by the thorough and detailed expositions of the methods found on SS.

I am personally compelled by the inert gas method and I am weighing its pros and cons. Other than the cost and technical preparatory knowledge, it seems like a reliable and peaceful way to CTB.

I am concerned about its cons - chance of leaks and failing to follow steps accordingly.

When compared to OD'ing with SN or Opioids, inert seems more reliable as its tools and equipment are readily available without breaking the law. The risk of failure is the same with all as are the consequences - brain damage, disabilities, and hospitalisation.

What would the SS community think about these methods?

Reactions: Andrew10
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
its not even close, oding is unreliable, and you spend your last few moments vomiting , i survived an od i thought i had no chance of doing so, while inert gas ive heard you just kind of pass out and ctb while youre out. its also much faster and doesnt take nearly as much setup. if i were to try again id probably do inert gas or co.

Reactions: SVEN
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
You can't compare an OD with inert gas, they are not even close.

Inert gas is significantly better and more reliable on every single metric. Even something like fentanyl or pento people could wake up from.

Waking up from a proper gas setup is almost impossible, the body doesn't last long without oxygen.

• Informative
Reactions: Oneness
Andrew10

Andrew10

May 6, 2023
I am someone who failed a suicide attempt with pure helium, I honestly think I was lucky, I had a headache for three days and I couldn't get out of bed, I'm currently better but I think it damaged my eyesight. That was because I did not prepare the method correctly

But I can assure you that it is very efficient if you do it correctly, since I really felt as if a TV turned off, no suffering, as if they were disconnecting me like a machine, I don't even remember the darkness and I'm not really scared or afraid, I want to do it again. new, but I have an unknown feeling that stops me every attempt, maybe it's fear or curiosity to know what I'm going to find next or the fear of failing and being disabled forever in this cruel world but it doesn't matter, my desires to do it have not ended and I know I'm going to do it

I currently have two tanks of pure helium and one of nitrogen ready to try again and I plan to do it correctly

I leave a little motivation that I give myself:
- I don't wish to die, I WILL die

Peace

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Mare Imbrium, blacksand, SVEN and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Inert gas is by far more reliable and peaceful. Preparation is relatively simple once you have every component of the method, excluding the straightforwardness since according to many people, it is complicated to set up everything after reading various guides. You'll black out within a few breaths of the gas, so it is peaceful, and it is reliable in the case of there not being any leaks, and such precautions are made before attempting anyways.

As for OD, they are very agonizing and quite unreliable, the majority of the ways to OD are among the most unreliable methods available, and in the worst cases you can be left with some damage done to your body. Even the most reliable and overall the most preferred OD method besides from opioids OD, the DDMAPh, it is still quite painful but death is ensured but I am aware that after death, everyone intends to find and acquire a way of having a peaceful and dignified exit.
I am someone who failed a suicide attempt with pure helium, I honestly think I was lucky, I had a headache for three days and I couldn't get out of bed, I'm currently better but I think it damaged my eyesight. That was because I did not prepare the method correctly

But I can assure you that it is very efficient if you do it correctly, since I really felt as if a TV turned off, no suffering, as if they were disconnecting me like a machine, I don't even remember the darkness and I'm not really scared or afraid, I want to do it again. new, but I have an unknown feeling that stops me every attempt, maybe it's fear or curiosity to know what I'm going to find next or the fear of failing and being disabled forever in this cruel world but it doesn't matter, my desires to do it have not ended and I know I'm going to do it

I currently have two tanks of pure helium and one of nitrogen ready to try again and I plan to do it correctly

I leave a little motivation that I give myself:
- I don't wish to die, I WILL die

Peace
I'm sorry you ended up failing and being left with a damaged eyesight and some struggling in the aftermath of the failed attempt. I hope you figure out what to do correctly next time to your best ability, to avoid any further failures, and may you find peace once the time arrives. Do you know in what aspects you didn't prepare and go over the method thoroughly enough, leading you to failure?

Andrew10

Andrew10

May 6, 2023
Inert gas is by far more reliable and peaceful. Preparation is relatively simple once you have every component of the method, excluding the straightforwardness since according to many people, it is complicated to set up everything after reading various guides. You'll black out within a few breaths of the gas, so it is peaceful, and it is reliable in the case of there not being any leaks, and such precautions are made before attempting anyways.

As for OD, they are very agonizing and quite unreliable, the majority of the ways to OD are among the most unreliable methods available, and in the worst cases you can be left with some damage done to your body. Even the most reliable and overall the most preferred OD method besides from opioids OD, the DDMAPh, it is still quite painful but death is ensured but I am aware that after death, everyone intends to find and acquire a way of having a peaceful and dignified exit.

I'm sorry you ended up failing and being left with a damaged eyesight and some struggling in the aftermath of the failed attempt. I hope you figure out what to do correctly next time to your best ability, to avoid any further failures, and may you find peace once the time arrives. Do you know in what aspects you didn't prepare and go over the method thoroughly enough, leading you to failure?
Actually the method could have worked, but the problem was mine because I was not very sure about leaving this world, it is a feeling that I have and it always prevents me from ctb, I was simply not aware of the consequences of failing I used my little finger to stretch the rubber band that was holding the bag for an unknown fear so I could breathe oxygen, I used several rubber bands to make it more resistant in case of emergency.

That feeling also forced me to make a hole in the bag, allowing more oxygen to enter. I closed the handle of the tank when I needed more helium to die, but I do remember being unconscious and I don't even remember the darkness. The next morning I woke up with the bag next to me. I had a huge headache and I couldn't even get up I was like this for 3 days. And I think it could have been even worse if I hadn't closed the handle, after this at first I was afraid but then it went away quickly and I think it could have worked if it hadn't been for this unknown feeling.

my desire to try again and leave this world still here and stronger than ever, my goal is to defeat this feeling and be able to achieve my goal which is eternal peace, I see this feeling as a final boss which prevents me from finding the peace I want and I am going to defeat it no matter what 💪🏼

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SVEN, thewalkingdread, Oneness and 1 other person
I

idontknow99

Nov 25, 2023
Actually the method could have worked, but the problem was mine because I was not very sure about leaving this world, it is a feeling that I have and it always prevents me from ctb, I was simply not aware of the consequences of failing I used my little finger to stretch the rubber band that was holding the bag for an unknown fear so I could breathe oxygen, I used several rubber bands to make it more resistant in case of emergency.

That feeling also forced me to make a hole in the bag, allowing more oxygen to enter. I closed the handle of the tank when I needed more helium to die, but I do remember being unconscious and I don't even remember the darkness. The next morning I woke up with the bag next to me. I had a huge headache and I couldn't even get up I was like this for 3 days. And I think it could have been even worse if I hadn't closed the handle, after this at first I was afraid but then it went away quickly and I think it could have worked if it hadn't been for this unknown feeling.

my desire to try again and leave this world still here and stronger than ever, my goal is to defeat this feeling and be able to achieve my goal which is eternal peace, I see this feeling as a final boss which prevents me from finding the peace I want and I am going to defeat it no matter what 💪🏼
Sorry to hear this, and it's good you were able to identify the faults that were preventing you from following through. It seems it wasn't because you failing to follow the intricacies of the method- but like you described an innate feeling that wants you to live and made you self-sabotage (or self-rescue, however way one may interpret this) the process. Do you remember a guide you followed when you attempted this?

Whatever you do decide to do next, and if the ultimate goal of eternal peace is yours, I hope you find it in a manner that is best fit for you.

• Hugs
Andrew10

Andrew10

May 6, 2023
Sorry to hear this, and it's good you were able to identify the faults that were preventing you from following through. It seems it wasn't because you failing to follow the intricacies of the method- but like you described an innate feeling that wants you to live and made you self-sabotage (or self-rescue, however way one may interpret this) the process. Do you remember a guide you followed when you attempted this?

Whatever you do decide to do next, and if the ultimate goal of eternal peace is yours, I hope you find it in a manner that is best fit for you.
Sure, I recommend using nitrogen because almost all helium tanks are filled with oxygen. In my case I was able to get two tanks of pure helium because near my town there is a truck full of birthday supplies, I used a wrench and removed the nozzle that comes by default and connected the vinyl tube to the tank. All you need to do is turn the handle and enjoy the peace.

I leave a tutorial here that explains it better.

With the nitrogen it was a little more difficult but I unscrewed the cap that is the default on the nitrogen tanks and connected the tube to the bag, but first I did a purity test on the nitrogen.

I leave the GasMonkey and Vizzy threads since they explain the entire process in more detail.
- GasMonkey: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/gasmonkey-setup-nitrogen-scba.115434/
- Vizzy: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/nitrogen-gas-with-eebd-hood-guide-inert-gas-method.122159/

Sometimes I think about making a thread where I use cheaper resources since after my attempt and several experiments I think it can work but even for that I am too lazy :P

BTW Don't feel sorry, my story is like anyone else's, it's something that happened and the truth is that it doesn't matter anymore, focus on your happiness and the path you choose, I will be another one who has taken the bus I wish you luck in whatever you choose, peace ✌🏽

I

idontknow99

Nov 25, 2023
You can't compare an OD with inert gas, they are not even close.

Inert gas is significantly better and more reliable on every single metric. Even something like fentanyl or pento people could wake up from.

Waking up from a proper gas setup is almost impossible, the body doesn't last long without oxygen.
Thanks for informing me on this. I've read that some people who tried inert gas, ending up being in a coma and sent to a recovery unit in a hospital and survived.

What would a proper setup look like, that eliminates all errors?

Thanks for this - would you happen to know any good places to purchase the items from the UK?

Last edited:
blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
Thanks for informing me on this. I've read that some people who tried inert gas, ending up being in a coma and sent to a recovery unit in a hospital and survived.

Thanks for this - would you happen to know any good places to purchase the items from the UK?
there are no reports of anyone surviving a properly made system with an EEBD hood and high purity gas.

Reactions: SVEN
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I've read that some people who tried inert gas, ending up being in a coma and sent to a recovery unit in a hospital and survived.
Sending messages that may lead to resuscitation is a bad idea.
There are different possible methods, some of which are rarely mentioned on this forum. For example, you can fill rubber balloons with an inert gas, displace oxygen from your lungs by inhaling the gas from the rubber balloons, and submerge your head in water inside a bathtub when feeling the first signs of lightheadedness. Low blood oxygen saturation will cause rapid shallow-water blackout, and then your airways will be reliably isolated from atmospheric oxygen by the water.

Last edited:
I

idontknow99

Nov 25, 2023
Sending messages that may lead to resuscitation is a bad idea.

There are different possible methods, some of which are rarely mentioned on this forum. For example, you can fill rubber balloons with an inert gas, displace oxygen from your lungs by inhaling the gas from the rubber balloons, and submerge your head in water inside a bathtub when feeling the first signs of lightheadedness. Low blood oxygen saturation will cause rapid shallow-water blackout, and then your airways will be reliably isolated from atmospheric oxygen by the water.
Never heard of this. Slightly worried about the lack of cases using such means, any chance I can PM you to discuss further?

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Never heard of this. Slightly worried about the lack of cases using such means, any chance I can PM you to discuss further?
Many people tend to use widely used methods only and ignore other methods despite their high theoretical reliability. Sent a PM to you with some details. The idea of inhaling gases before SWB was discussed a few times.

Last edited: