• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

RN12

RN12

Student
Jul 25, 2021
Hello SS,

I hesitated to start this tread because i guess some people will bash it because it's suggested in the PPeh. But after again seeing someone going very bad on Meto yesterday here on SS i decided to start a tread about the dangers and sometimes life long consequences of Metocloperamide.

Meto is a very dangerous anti emetic drug that can cripple people for life after short term use or single dose. use. A lot of people don't know this, and talking here about 'take some Meto' to test, but they're totally unaware of the dangers they expose themselves to with an unnecessary test. They think it's the same like taking a innocent tylenol for a headache, it's not! They don't know what they're talking about and what they ingest. (I can't blame them even doctors don't tell you this)

Meto is well known for it's dystonic reactions that cripple people for life and Akathesia. There are a lot of lawsuits against the Pharmaceutical companies that produce this drug.

In my opinion Meto is more dangerous than N itself.
From N people die, but from meto people get tortured for months/years on end with Dystonia and/or Akathesia and after that they take their life because they can't handle the extreme suffering of the long lasting or permanent side effects.

"Metoclopramide has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 468 ratings on Drugs.com. 30% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 62% reported a negative effect."
source (the reviews speak for itself):

Schermafbeelding 2022 04 15 om 173608
Source: https://www.drugwatch.com/reglan/lawsuits/

This unfortunate person has a dystonic reaction after taking Metocloperamide and is battling the side effects for years! (i'm sorry for him). Just read the comment section and see there are enough people hurt by this drug.

Maybe i will get bashed that i scare monger, that i'm only pushing horror stories, that it's 0,00001% But it's not true it's pretty common. Just do your own research.

I'm interested in side effects of meds, because i'm completely crippled by an 'innocent' pharmaceutical med myself. That's why i'm here in the first place. And i wish someone informed me before so that it could be prevented (doctors will not). Unfortunately for me it's too late.
If i can provide only 1 person from this pharma-sufferhell then i've reached my goal.

Do with the info what you want, i'm not here to scare monger you. And i'm sorry if it scares you. I'm only here to inform you and to tell you it's better not to do unnecessary tests with it on forehand.
Of course not everybody will get such adverse reaction, everyone is different, but people need to be informed at least of certain possibilities.
Some people can take the Meto and decide to giving up on CTB, but may have their life ruined because of Meto, so weigh up the decision yourself.

I'm curious to the discussion,

Take care!

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: EvisceratedJester, Brokensaddle, lovedread and 43 others
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
I definitely agree with you that meto has these established terrible side effects, but I'm missing where it says this man was disabled from only one dose? And I also cannot find any evidence at all of this happening after only one dose, only random comments and hearsay. I would absolutely welcome any case studies or anything proving otherwise, as I don't have any attachment to this drug and my intention isn't to relentlessly defend it. However I still 100000% agree with your assertion that "test doses" are absolutely worthless and harmful, you just build up a tolerance and needlessly expose yourself to more side effects.

Reactions: cowboypants, LoiteringClouds, willitpass and 5 others
its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
Taking multiple times the recommended meto dose for CTB reasons seems like asking for trouble, but I believe it's what's recommended in Stan's guide and maybe PPeH too. Most meds will start to have adverse effects when taken beyond recommended dosage, and the adverse effects from meto sound pretty terrible. I'm curious why people don't just take a regular dose, so they have the effectiveness and minimize side effects?

Reactions: cowboypants, willitpass, heavyeyes and 5 others
RN12

RN12

Student
Jul 25, 2021
I definitely agree with you that meto has these established terrible side effects, but I'm missing where it says this man was disabled from only one dose? And I also cannot find any evidence at all of this happening after only one dose, only random comments and hearsay. I would absolutely welcome any case studies or anything proving otherwise, as I don't have any attachment to this drug and my intention isn't to relentlessly defend it. However I still 100000% agree with your assertion that "test doses" are absolutely worthless and harmful, you just build up a tolerance and needlessly expose yourself to more side effects.
You're right i have to fix the source! I think i read it on his facebook or his gofundme page. I will look it up.

at the drugs.com reviews you can see 'I went to the ER for extreme nausea and vomiting. They gave me Reglan. Within minutes, I started having a psychiatric break'
Don't know the dose tho, but i guess they don't go above recommended dose. I'm sure you will find reviews with single low doses.

another review
I took Reglan on August 13th, just one 10mg dose, soon as I took it I got on the road not expecting nothing of it had a big panic attack on the road ! Smh we are now in October ! I have been through a nightmare of a time and back off of this medication, experienced feelings of derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, severe suicidal depression, after all this time I had to be put on an anti-depressant and it's not a joke !!! This is real please beaware ! They need to stop giving this to people !!!! This isn't right I'm really suffering, I mean in emotional pain and despair my muscles still twitching also !

Still you're right i have to fix that source from the vid! And yes there are only reviews, vids, lawsuit info etc available there is no scientific paper that states this is possible after only 1 pill. They will never admit that on paper.

The next video, it's not a nice one, you don't have to watch but the discription says 'having received 10 mg orally twice a day for 2 days, with symptom onset 24 hours after the first dose and worsening during the next 9 hours.' So people don't have to be long term on it at all to get those side effects

Taking multiple times the recommended meto dose for CTB reasons seems like asking for trouble, but I believe it's what's recommended in Stan's guide and maybe PPeH too. Most meds will start to have adverse effects when taken beyond recommended dosage, and the adverse effects from meto sound pretty terrible. I'm curious why people don't just take a regular dose, so they have the effectiveness and minimize side effects?
Some people are just unfortunate and have side effect on low dose 10mg twice a day for 2 days (see vid above).
Luckily she came away with it 'Treatment with intravenous biperiden, an anticholinergic agent' And the side effect subsided

I'm crippled and severe disabled for over a year now from half recommended dose from an SSRI (very low dose). Everybody is different.

Again, no scare mongering, but be informed, and d.y.o.r. =)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Red Desert, EvisceratedJester, heavyeyes and 10 others
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
So take domperidone instead ? Problem solved case closed?

Reactions: sadnurse and Cathy Ames
TheWood

TheWood

Experienced
Mar 1, 2022
Most doctors will tell you what is convenient for them, not only for medications but also for surgery and more. You must always inform yourself from outside sources before doing anything. For the rest, at this point if you want to avoid these possible side effects, either you don't take the meto before sn or at least decrease the doses

Reactions: heavyeyes, Huntfish34, come to dust and 4 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 đ”Č đ”± 𝔩 𝔰 đ”Ș
May 21, 2021
thank you very much for this post. I have been wanting to make this thread but like you I felt like some people here would just pin me as a killjoy.

I wrote about my own traumatising experience with meto after taking only TWO pills. I was suffocating for 3 hours straight and was literally rolling on the floor and crying. I even ran to my mom's bedroom, hysterical. For me the side effect was really brutal.

If that happened to me after only two pills, I cannot imagine what it's do if I took more.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: EvisceratedJester, heavyeyes, Octogenarian and 10 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Thats scary, i got meto myself, thanks for having made this post to inform members about this.
Are the other ae's better?

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Talvikki
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I think prochlorperazine can have the same effect.

@RN12 Thanks for this. It is worrying.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Huntfish34, Insomniac and _Minsk
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I have been thinking along the same lines. I totally agree that test doses seem ill-advised, and, given the potential neurological effects and drug interactions, it might be a bad idea to start taking it multiple times per day 48 hours before the CTB time. Not to be morbid, but as far as the potential for horrible lifelong effects, at the time of the stat dose, the person's life expectancy is less than 8 hours, and they should be unconscious relatively quickly after the SN.

Reactions: Red Desert, heavyeyes, Huntfish34 and 2 others
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
I have been thinking along the same lines. I totally agree that test doses seem ill-advised, and, given the potential neurological effects and drug interactions, it might be a bad idea to start taking it multiple times per day 48 hours before the CTB time. Not to be morbid, but as far as the potential for horrible lifelong effects, at the time of the stat dose, the person's life expectancy is less than 8 hours, and they should be unconscious relatively quickly after the SN.
Every drug has side effect though, but many people taking it and ended up okay including me while i have heart issues.

if one wouldnt take drug that has side effect then theres no way of ctb using drug.

Reactions: heavyeyes, Euthanza, demuic and 1 other person
Starchaser

Starchaser

Student
Oct 8, 2019
Thanks for this thread!
People should be aware and we should discuss substitutes for Meto.

There are some reviews on this website that says some people only dosed 1x and got symptoms for weeks+

Reactions: heavyeyes
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

Feb 21, 2019
You're right i have to fix the source! I think i read it on his facebook or his gofundme page. I will look it up.

at the drugs.com reviews you can see 'I went to the ER for extreme nausea and vomiting. They gave me Reglan. Within minutes, I started having a psychiatric break'
Don't know the dose tho, but i guess they don't go above recommended dose. I'm sure you will find reviews with single low doses.

another review
I took Reglan on August 13th, just one 10mg dose, soon as I took it I got on the road not expecting nothing of it had a big panic attack on the road ! Smh we are now in October ! I have been through a nightmare of a time and back off of this medication, experienced feelings of derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, severe suicidal depression, after all this time I had to be put on an anti-depressant and it's not a joke !!! This is real please beaware ! They need to stop giving this to people !!!! This isn't right I'm really suffering, I mean in emotional pain and despair my muscles still twitching also !

Still you're right i have to fix that source from the vid! And yes there are only reviews, vids, lawsuit info etc available there is no scientific paper that states this is possible after only 1 pill. They will never admit that on paper.

The next video, it's not a nice one, you don't have to watch but the discription says 'having received 10 mg orally twice a day for 2 days, with symptom onset 24 hours after the first dose and worsening during the next 9 hours.' So people don't have to be long term on it at all to get those side effects

Some people are just unfortunate and have side effect on low dose 10mg twice a day for 2 days (see vid above).
Luckily she came away with it 'Treatment with intravenous biperiden, an anticholinergic agent' And the side effect subsided

I'm crippled and severe disabled for over a year now from half recommended dose from an SSRI (very low dose). Everybody is different.

Again, no scare mongering, but be informed, and d.y.o.r. =)

It's absolutely true that everyone reacts differently and some people are just way more reactive to medications. I have to say I wouldn't say it's a common thing to happen after one dose, but if you've had medication reactions in the past it's definitely something to be aware of as potentially being more likely. I don't think it's so much a case of "never admitting it", plenty of drugs have case studies of rare bad side effects, but I do also wholeheartedly believe it's possible those cases just haven't been followed up on for whatever reason.

I'm so sorry you've struggled so much with this, and at the end of the day any method we choose is taking a risk, especially if it involves "practice runs" or anything else that means taking extra of the substance. You're absolutely correct that people should be aware of the consequences of these things. I appreciate your willingness to discuss this without getting hostile, and understanding that I'm only trying to come at it from a scientific angle. I'm sending you love!

• Love
Reactions: Red Desert, archipelago, RN12 and 1 other person
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
The thing is I have meto and I have no other choice unless I use SN, the Tylenol and Tagamet by itself. What then? Well fuck.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
there is no scientific paper that states this is possible after only 1 pill. They will never admit that on paper.

Here's the frustrating (or enraging) thing. They DO admit it on paper. It is in the package insert and the prescribing information in the PDR.

[Please note: I'm only talking about that particular subtopic (the super bad stuff that happens inside 24-48 hours). If you have interest in the tardive dyskinesia or other stuff you should read the whole thing.]

Here's the PDR.

It says...
Extrapyramidal symptoms have also been reported and manifest as acute dystonic reactions usually occurring in the first 24 to 48 hours of treatment; symptoms generally disappear within 24 hours of drug discontinuation. [...] Extrapyramidal symptoms are dose-dependent and occur more frequently in pediatric patients and adult patients under the age of 30.

Here's the package insert. It does have warnings.

On pages 5 and 22 (of 36) it says basically the same thing: Extrapyramidal symptoms, manifested primarily as acute dystonic reactions, occur in approximately 1 in 500 patients treated with the usual adult dosages of 30 to 40 mg/day of metoclopramide. These usually are seen during the first 24 to 48 hours of treatment with metoclopramide, occur more frequently in pediatric patients and adult patients less than 30 years of age and are even more frequent at higher doses. These symptoms may include involuntary movements of limbs and facial grimacing, torticollis, oculogyric crisis, rhythmic protrusion of tongue, bulbar type of speech, trismus, or dystonic reactions resembling tetanus. Rarely, dystonic reactions may present as stridor and dyspnea, possibly due to laryngospasm. If these symptoms should occur, inject 50 mg diphenhydramine hydrochloride intramuscularly, and they usually will subside. Benztropine mesylate, 1 to 2 mg intramuscularly, may also be used to reverse these reactions.

It says there is a 1 in 500 chance of it happening, and the chance of it being permanent is even smaller than that*. [It usually subsides.. it generally subsides.] Now... people who are having this prescribed--most of the time--have a condition that is adversely affecting their quality of life. Maybe the patient would be willing to take this lower than 1 in 500 chance, right? But they should be INFORMED of it.

* Again a disclaimer... I'm only talking about that particular subtopic (the extrapyramidal symptoms that happen inside 24-48 hours). If you have interest in the tardive dyskinesia or other stuff you should read the whole thing.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PrincessInWhite
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

Feb 21, 2019
Here's the frustrating (or enraging) thing. They DO admit it on paper. It is in the package insert and the prescribing information in the PDR.

Here's the PDR.

It says...
Extrapyramidal symptoms have also been reported and manifest as acute dystonic reactions usually occurring in the first 24 to 48 hours of treatment; symptoms generally disappear within 24 hours of drug discontinuation. [...] Extrapyramidal symptoms are dose-dependent and occur more frequently in pediatric patients and adult patients under the age of 30.

Here's the package insert. It does have warnings.

On pages 5 and 22 (of 36) it says basically the same thing: Extrapyramidal symptoms, manifested primarily as acute dystonic reactions, occur in approximately 1 in 500 patients treated with the usual adult dosages of 30 to 40 mg/day of metoclopramide. These usually are seen during the first 24 to 48 hours of treatment with metoclopramide, occur more frequently in pediatric patients and adult patients less than 30 years of age and are even more frequent at higher doses. These symptoms may include involuntary movements of limbs and facial grimacing, torticollis, oculogyric crisis, rhythmic protrusion of tongue, bulbar type of speech, trismus, or dystonic reactions resembling tetanus. Rarely, dystonic reactions may present as stridor and dyspnea, possibly due to laryngospasm. If these symptoms should occur, inject 50 mg diphenhydramine hydrochloride intramuscularly, and they usually will subside. Benztropine mesylate, 1 to 2 mg intramuscularly, may also be used to reverse these reactions.

Now... people who are having this prescribed most of the time have a condition that is adversely affecting their quality of life. Maybe the patient would be willing to take this 1 in 500 chance, right? But they should be INFORMED of it.
WOW! Thank you for this. This is exactly what I was after! @RN12 here ya go next time someone asks for proof!

Reactions: Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
WOW! Thank you for this. This is exactly what I was after! @RN12 here ya go next time someone asks for proof!
I just had to edit it a little to indicate that since it "usually" or "generally" subsides, that means the chance of permanent extrapyramidal symptoms is lower than 1 in 500. I'm only talking about that particular subtopic (the super bad stuff that happens inside 24-48 hours). If you have interest in the tardive dyskinesia or other stuff you should read the whole thing.

Reactions: Theanswer
Starchaser

Starchaser

Student
Oct 8, 2019
The thing is I have meto and I have no other choice unless I use SN, the Tylenol and Tagamet by itself. What then? Well fuck.
I think the secret is to stat dose only or try 10mg first and see if you have no side effects or try dramamine?
I don't know....
I just found out about ondansetron, which is used for surgery and chemotherapy... the reviews are pretty much better

Ondansetron has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 437 ratings on Drugs.com. 72% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 19% reported a negative effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Euthanza
RN12

RN12

Student
Jul 25, 2021
It says there is a 1 in 500 chance of it happening, and the chance of it being permanent is even smaller than that*.
Thanks for your informative info.

But this is the only sentence i don't believe at all. Yes it's written down, but these companies withhold information.
Therefore there are a lot of lawsuits atm. If they did fair business they wouldn't pay $billions atm for those lawsuits.

I rather get my information from askapatient.com or drugs.com reviews instead of the insert that's written by the company itself in the best way to get it approved by the FDA.

But again, everyone have to do their own research and make a decision afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntfish34, Fzeb, CiproKilledMe and 1 other person
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Thanks for your informative info.

But this is the only sentence i don't believe at all. Yes it's written down, but these companies withhold information.
Therefore there are a lot of lawsuits atm.
You're right. That number comes from them and may not be realistic.

Reactions: Red Desert and Huntfish34
RN12

RN12

Student
Jul 25, 2021
You're right. That number comes from them and may not be realistic.
Yes indeed

SSRI (antidepressant) inserts states: withdrawal lasts 4-6 weeks.
People go trough hell for months and years on end.

I'm 17 months severe disabled from an SSRI. I can't find that either in the insert. So better get your info from the 'users' instead of manipulated pharma studies imo.

• Hugs
Reactions: EvisceratedJester, Never Alive, Huntfish34 and 6 others
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
So better get your info from 'users' instead of pharma.

I feel the prescribers deserve some of the culpability here for not fully discussing (or sometimes even KNOWING) the full range of side effects. Then they are (or act) shocked when you tell them a horrible thing happened, and it's a known side effect, listed right there on the package insert.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and CiproKilledMe
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
So what's the best N protocol we can come up with?

Reactions: Huntfish34
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
I think the secret is to stat dose only or try 10mg first and see if you have no side effects or try dramamine?
I don't know....
I just found out about ondansetron, which is used for surgery and chemotherapy... the reviews are pretty much better

Ondansetron has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 437 ratings on Drugs.com. 72% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 19% reported a negative effect.

I take ondansetron and find it mild, no bad side effects, but i read that it wasn't strong enough for our purpose, but now i want to throw away the metaclop. I have. I was worried about it before i read above material, esp. in the elevated doses they usually recommend, or extended advance doses of it

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Euthanza
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
Then you take molitium (Domperidone). I think meto is more restricted than domperidone, and your reasons are exactly why.

Reactions: Huntfish34
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
this scares me more than drinking the sn. If I take the meto and before the 45 minute mark start having something happen to me I'm going to be so upset

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Red Desert, Huntfish34 and Cathy Ames
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I disagree that sn or n is less dangerous than reglan but the drug does have side effects, like most every drug
I dont like taking it because I get restless legs when I take it
I suppose taking the stat dose is the thing to do
Most here planning to take it are doing do prior to ctb, so it negates the possible perm side effects

Reactions: Huntfish34, Foresight and demuic
☆AwaitingEntropy☆

☆AwaitingEntropy☆

Snuffing the Light Out
Nov 6, 2021
As someone with health anxiety, and a particular fear of losing control of my body, the possibility of these side effects scares me so bad, regardless of how likely they are.

Only loosely related, but I've heard first generation antipsychotics (and 2nd, to a lesser degree) also have such rare motor related symptoms, and they, too, block? dopamine receptors. I'm curious as to if that's related in possibly triggering dyskinesia and similar symptoms, but I've never been good at science, so all that stuff goes over my head.

Reactions: suffering_mo_7, Wasabi and Huntfish34
FindingPeace8

FindingPeace8

Mar 25, 2022
What about Zofran? Can anyone share good or bad experiences with Zofran (Odansetron)? Just curious. I have N but no meto. Not sure if I want to use my N just yet either. I bought it in desperation a few weeks ago. Worried about summer weather coming up though. I can't hide it in my fridge because of not living alone, but it would be nice to know it could last a while.

I'm thinking of putting it in some mylar, just in case.

Reactions: Theanswer