• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I grew up watching them on the television here in England in the late 1980's and early 1990's

Does any one else have any find memeores of these ?

Some bad acting , costumes and effects , that improved later on in the series , but it stuck near perfect to the books , un-like the Disney movie versions

As my suicide draws closer , I feel a little comfort with this memory

It reminds me of being a kid again , being totally ignorant to this world's evil

Attachments

• 2019-08-19 00.14.04.png
    2019-08-19 00.14.04.png
    531.8 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Luchs and Baskol1
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I grew up watching them on the television here in England in the late 1980's and early 1990's

Some bad acting , costumes and effects , that improved later on in the series , but it stuck near perfect to the books , un-like the Disney movie versions

It reminds me of being a kid again , being totally ignorant to this world's evil

Lol Is that version of the Chronicles of Narnis where the forest animals are like holographs and the lion, Aslan, goes up in the sky like he's on an invisible elevator? If so, I had a random memory just now watching that in 4th grade (17 years ago).

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
It sounds naive and sweet. I grew up reading the books but never saw the serial. I'm watching The Magicians now, which is sort of a Harry Potter Goes to Narnia idea, only with angry hip Q people. It's not like Aslan in a cosmic lift but I'm enjoying it.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
It sounds naive and sweet. I grew up reading the books but never saw the serial. I'm watching The Magicians now, which is sort of a Harry Potter Goes to Narnia idea, only with angry hip Q people. It's not like Aslan in a cosmic lift but I'm enjoying it.

I think it's a shame because in the 90s, fantasy movies often looked so fake, and then in the early 2000s, they started utilizing computer generated imagery well like in Lord of the Rings, and now they've overused CGI. For example, in Aquaman, and now fantasy movies look fake again. Like now, they'd probably have a CGI Aslan that looks holographic, but soaring through the sky instead of just vertically moving upward like on a "cosmic lift" as you said! Haha!

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Special effects tend not to age well, although they seemed fine at the time. Some episodes of the original Star Trek are brilliant testimony to that. Same with certain acting conventions that utterly baffle. Kojak? Really?? How did that seem good??

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019

Do you recommend watching it? I'm a long-time fan of the books and was kind of disappointed by the movies.

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
Do you recommend watching it? I'm a long-time fan of the books and was kind of disappointed by the movies.

If you can ignore some of the very bad effects , choreography and costumes ( remember this was a 80's BB C television productions and back then they didn't have the money and effects they have now ) , then yes I would as this show was part of my chikd hood growing up . It stuck virtually entirely to the book , rather than change stuff like the movies did

Reactions: Luchs
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
If you can ignore some of the very bad effects , choreography and costumes ( remember this was a 80's BB C television productions and back then they didn't have the money and effects they have now ) , then yes I would as this show was part of my chikd hood growing up . It stuck virtually entirely to the book , rather than change stuff like the movies did
Great, I'm not really turned off by crappy sfx or stuff like that, I think it has some sort of charme.