P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
If euthanasia is not legalized, then it will be difficult to commit suicide, cause there will be cameras everywhere, and everything you do will be analyzed by AI.

There is already AI in prisons, that prevent suicides, by watching the inmates 24/7.
"For instance," project representative Meng Qingbiao told SCMP, "if an inmate has been spotted pacing up and down in a room for some time, the machine may regard the phenomenon as suspicious and suggest close-up checks with a human guard."

This isn't the first example we've seen of prison officials attempting to make facilities "smart" — in February, Hong Kong's Correctional Services Department announced the implementation of several technologies designed to help prisoners stay safe during their incarceration.

There's a chance the Yancheng facility's system could serve the same purpose — if the prisoner in Meng's scenario was pacing due to thoughts of hurting themselves, for example, the flagging of their behavior and subsequent check by a human guard could prevent that.

If there are cameras everywhere, and AI can detect suicidal behaviour, then medics will arrive quickly, which means you're fucked.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: BrokenBeing, Brink, Brick In The Wall and 4 others
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
If euthanasia is not legalized, then it will be difficult to commit suicide, cause there will be cameras everywhere, and everything you do will be analyzed by AI.

There are already robots in prisons, who prevent suicides, by watching the inmates 24/7.

If there are cameras everywhere, and AI can detect suicidal behaviour, then medics will arrive quickly, which means you're fucked.
We're gonna need a bigger bus...

Reactions: autumnal and Brick In The Wall
M

meerpasta

Jan 29, 2020
So messed up, they really lack autonomy over there. It's sad to see many western countries slowly move in the same direction as well. But looking on the bright side, in the future this might open up a new easily accessible suicide method: criticising the government too much.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Saed
P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
So messed up, they really lack autonomy over there. It's sad to see many western countries slowly move in the same direction as well. But looking on the bright side, in the future this might open up a new easily accessible suicide method: criticising the government too much.
How is that a suicide, if they put you in prison?

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
It's only going to get worse from here. Coronavirus is giving them an excuse to further implement more or these surveillance technologies.

Reactions: charlottewilts and Saed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
TPTB have always said they favour the China model. I'd recommend Alan Watt (not Watts) for a crash course,but we're quite suicidal enough,frankly.
How is that a suicide, if they put you in prison?
They could send around an "execution van".

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
TPTB have always said they favour the China model. I'd recommend Alan Watt (not Watts) for a crash course,but we're quite suicidal enough,frankly.

They could send around an "execution van".
World is moving away from the death penalty. The customs also would get an upgrade, which means it will be impossible to buy N in the future.

Basically it goes like this, either euthanasia will be legal, or people will be fucked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saed
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
This might not be rolled out within our lives (especially those of us that ctb) but there is undeniably a growing issue with surveillance. The nothing to hide = nothing to fear argument only works if you can say that the state's interests will always be aligned with yours to a reasonable extent, which we are clearly seeing is not always the case.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive, snuffcore and Saed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
World is moving away from the death penalty. The customs also would get an upgrade, which means it will be impossible to buy N in the future.
And thus,the sanctioned suicide Millennial cult was born...

Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
You mean more people will suicide, before surveillance takes hold?
I guess. Was joking,though. Like,you could be Jim Jones and we'll all drink the cool aid,before it's too late.
Banter. Not srs.

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
I guess. Was joking,though. Like,you could be Jim Jones and we'll all drink the cool aid,before it's too late.
Banter. Not srs.
I am actually seriously concerned about suicide prevention getting too powerful, so I want to die sooner.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive, Deleted member 17949 and Saed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
I am actually seriously concerned about suicide prevention getting too powerful, so I want to die sooner.
Same. Wall myself off in my flat,hopefully in the coming week. Noone will be any the wiser,for quite some considerable time.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Yeah tbh it's getting harder and harder. The amount of places you can go where you won't be stopped unless you own private property isn't great.

Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Yeah tbh it's getting harder and harder. The amount of places you can go where you won't be stopped unless you own private property isn't great.
Yeah,not to mention,the well-trained civilian KGB branch that calls in everything...On the cliffs "too long" on your own? Police called.
One time,I got lost out on a walk. No big deal. Ended up on a lovely beach,and in no hurry,I knew I'd find my way home.
Little did I know,my movements were being tracked by a group of Facebook concern trolls.
It's dedicated to monitoring other peoples' perceived activities...
I knew something was up,when multiple cars started following me and doing real slow drive bys,scoping me out.
These twats called the police on me,who approached with a riot van 5 freaking times.

Each time,I'd answer their questions,was doing nothing wrong other than being totally lost...
They kept sayung shit like "Yeah,but you have to go home now,otherwise,people will keep calling us"
"It's going to rain soon,you'll get cold" etc...

Since when did being a 48 year old woman,out in the rain for a walk constitute a crime?

TL;DR the fkkrs 136'd me. For being lost,and becoming increasingly distressed by needless police harrassment.
A situation,entirely of their making...

• Aww..
Reactions: BrokenBeing
P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
Yeah,not to mention,the well-trained civilian KGB branch that calls in everything...On the cliffs "too long" on your own? Police called.
One time,I got lost out on a walk. No big deal. Ended up on a lovely beach,and in no hurry,I knew I'd find my way home.
Little did I know,my movements were being tracked by a group of Facebook concern trolls.
It's dedicated to monitoring other peoples' perceived activities...
I knew something was up,when multiple cars started following me and doing real slow drive bys,scoping me out.
These twats called the police on me,who approached with a riot van 5 freaking times.

Each time,I'd answer their questions,was doing nothing wrong other than being totally lost...
They kept sayung shit like "Yeah,but you have to go home now,otherwise,people will keep calling us"
"It's going to rain soon,you'll get cold" etc...

Since when did being a 48 year old woman,out in the rain for a walk constitute a crime?

TL;DR the fkkrs 136'd me. For being lost,and becoming increasingly distressed by needless police harrassment.
A situation,entirely of their making...
Ha ha ha, Britain is fucked up, it's too much, lol.

• Love
E

Elbarado

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
just dont live in china, problem solved, you are welcome

L

limpingtowardfreedom

Apr 19, 2020
It's only going to get worse from here. Coronavirus is giving them an excuse to further implement more or these surveillance technologies.
Actually, one of the few upsides is that facial recognition technologies are losing millions of dollars because everyone is wearing masks now

• Love
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Actually, one of the few upsides is that facial recognition technologies are losing millions of dollars because everyone is wearing masks now
Yea for now, software and tech is always improving though.

Reactions: Deleted member 17949 and Saed