KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Knowing the "truth" is useless unless you can make use of it.
it's subjective and serves no higher purpose

Reactions: TheWalrus
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
Im not sure what anyone else believes but i hope there is afterlife and that its better then this.. I wanna see those flaming pits, and demons making shish kebab out of us. Bring it.

After all that punishment is served, i hope there is option to tell god, creator, prince almighty or whatever he wanna be called to terminate me completely so i dont have to see this place ever again.
I can't lie, this made me laugh. You should write a book about it. I'd read it.

• Love
Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
He doesn't have any. In academic circles you need at least three reliable sources.

H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019

Are they peer reviewed, reliable sources or bias?
And Descartes was the first to have philosophy of dualism. Philosophy doesn't equal truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: KleinerWolf
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Heart Shards
SheJumped

SheJumped

Student
May 14, 2019
When I catch the bus, it will be forever darkness, I can finally rest.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Kvotheloner, profoundexperience and 2 others
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
When I catch the bus, it will be forever darkness, I can finally rest.
I can respect your views. Maybe you're correct. All I have is faith; I don't hold the truth, I hold my truth.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SheJumped and KleinerWolf
sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
i honestly hope that it's nothingness. i've spent a lot of time studying buddhism the past few years and i love it's core values, but reincarnation scares me a lot. i've also tried readings NDE's and the like, but it just triggers my anxiety because i just have a huge fear of things i can't control. it does makes me sad to think that all of this suffering might be in vain, but at least i can hold onto the hope that someday it will all be over

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Desideratum, Kvotheloner, profoundexperience and 2 others
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I believe it's most likely there is no "afterlife"; that what we "experience" after we die, is just like it was for us before we came into existence. Did those last few billions of years before I existed "hurt"? No. Did I experience or feel or remember anything whatsoever? No.

I believe ideas of "afterlives" come from 1) our innate drives to survive/continue, 2) our "magical thinking" harkening back to our brain/mind's perceptions of the world during our early childhood development, and 3) our complete inability, since we only ever know having existed... our complete inability to imagine a circumstance where we do not exist.

I'm also not a fan of "needing"... and I think any kind of existence implies "needs" that compel one to "do stuff". Implicit in any kind of existence are some kind of "limitations"... therefore, existence is NEVER a "good thing" (even the Christian, idealized "heaven").

Bonus: Here's a very interesting analysis of the "hell" as described in the Bible. It appears to me to be more a modern addition (perhaps added to aid in control/manipulation of followers) than as part of the original doctrine:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kvotheloner, Heart Shards, FreddieQuell and 1 other person
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

:):
Apr 14, 2020
Feed me drugs and I'll tell you all about it

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, Kvotheloner, Heart Shards and 1 other person
the-eternal

the-eternal

Apr 10, 2018
i have no concrete beliefs in any outcome. all i am hoping for is complete non existence. if there turns out to be an afterlife of any kind, i'll tear the deities a new one!

Reactions: Kvotheloner, Heart Shards, profoundexperience and 1 other person
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
Feed me drugs and I'll tell you all about it
If you were my next door neighbor, I might have shared a J with you. I love deep conversations when I'm high.

Reactions: Deleted member 19276 and KleinerWolf
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I'm strongly convinced that once you die, that's it. Once the neurons supplying consciousness give out, the game is over.

Reactions: Desideratum, Heart Shards, profoundexperience and 1 other person
T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
There NO afterlife. Let me tell you a story on the news, a cult couple, the stepfather KILLED his 2 step children. One was 15 year olds, and one was 7 I think.
He BURIED their bodies in his yard, well more like land in his house, he live in a BIG house with lots of land in the middle of no where. Think of alot of land like in Texas. Yup, he BURIED their bodies. HE MURDERED them.

8 months passed by, he still live in that house, eat, sleep, go on his life normal. No spirit, no soul of that 2 poor kids he killed ever come to his dream to haunt him or stand at his bed at night when he sleep. NOTHING. And remember, their BODIES BURIED in his yard, right where the house is.

There ya go, where do the soul go? LMFAO!! If I was murdered by my stepdad, you bet your life I will stand at his bed side every night and haunt him so he won't have a single second of peaceful sleep.
Guess what? That 2 step children he killed, NONE. come back. NONE. haunt him. He go on his life live like nothing happened. Remember, he BURIED their bodies right there in the land of his own home, and he continue live on that house. Nothing, no soul/spirits of that 2 poor kid come back to his dreams. to haunt him. NOTHING.

That prove to you right there, dead is the end. All those serial murder are running free and living their life like nothing happened.

btw, read this,
A MAN has described his experience of life after death, claiming everything was filled with "nothingness".

There ya go.

btw, if you ask me what I believe. Sorry I only believe in this. EVOLUTION. Does this look like afterlife to you? haaaaaa Nope.

consequences-of-evolution-631.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
There NO afterlife. Let me tell you a story on the news, a cult couple, the stepfather KILLED his 2 step children. One was 15 year olds, and one was 7 I think.
He BURIED their bodies in his yard, well more like land in his house, he live in a BIG house with lots of land in the middle of no where. Think of alot of land like in Texas. Yup, he BURIED their bodies. HE MURDERED them.

8 months passed by, he still live in that house, eat, sleep, go on his life normal. No spirit, no soul of that 2 poor kids he killed ever come to his dream to haunt him or stand at his bed at night when he sleep. NOTHING. And remember, their BODIES BURIED in his yard, right where the house is.

There ya go, where do the soul go? LMFAO!! If I was murdered by my stepdad, you bet your life I will stand at his bed side every night and haunt him so he won't have a single second of peaceful sleep.
Guess what? That 2 step children he killed, NONE. come back. NONE. haunt him. He go on his life live like nothing happened. Remember, he BURIED their bodies right there in the land of his own home, and he continue live on that house. Nothing, no soul/spirits of that 2 poor kid come back to his dreams. to haunt him. NOTHING.

That prove to you right there, dead is the end. All those serial murder are running free and living their life like nothing happened.

btw, read this,
A MAN has described his experience of life after death, claiming everything was filled with "nothingness".

There ya go.

btw, if you ask me what I believe. Sorry I only believe in this. EVOLUTION. Does this look like afterlife to you? haaaaaa Nope.

I'm atheist and a believer of human evolution theory. For context, I mostly believe in human consciousness come from the brain, however I'm also a mild believer of Law of Attraction and energy, and that energy only transfers into one another form as opposed to just vanish.
Here is a video about "WW2 US fighter pilot reincarnation" if anyone is interested.
I remain skeptical to this day. And will keep an open-mind until I die lol.

Last edited:
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019

btw, read this,

There ya go.

I mean, I respect your opinion. If that's what you believe, I can respect that. I just don't think it's wise to say there is NO God at all.Neither of us has died yet to confirm life after death or eternal nothingness. Most atheist I know tend to be Agnostic Atheist--which is a wise deduction.
Theism and atheism are whether you believe a deity exist or not. Agnostic and gnostic are a matter I know a god exist or doesn't. Even as a christian, I tend to slide towards agnostic Christianity, because no one really knows; we all shoot in the dark--some people claim there isn't a target and others confirm it.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Idk really, but being reincarnated as a house cat would be nice.

• Love
Reactions: Heart Shards
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
Idk really, but being reincarnated as a house cat would be nice.
Maybe you'll win the infinite possibility lottery of what happens when we die. Maybe you'll be a house cat, sounds nice! Eating food, sleeping on the couch, being petted by your owner. No concept of suffering.

Reactions: s3gfault and Deleted member 17949
Sunshine

Sunshine

Student
Jan 11, 2019
I'm a christian. I believe in heaven and hell.
But pro-choice in terms of suicide.

That's totally fair to believe but I just wonder, how can you believe in something with literally ZERO evidence? Some book and words that have been rewritten hundreds of time and edited by various people. I mean the bible is objectively not the word of God, if such a thing exist, because some of the prophecies inside of it have been proven wrong.

For example: Ezekiel 26 prophesied the destruction of the city of Tyre, and that it would never be rebuilt. It's currently the fourth-largest city in Lebanon. The bible was flat out wrong. Impossible if God is real and omniscient.

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
That's totally fair to believe but I just wonder, how can you believe in something with literally ZERO evidence? Some book and words that have been rewritten hundreds of time and edited by various people. I mean the bible is objectively not the word of God, if such a thing exist, because some of the prophecies inside of it have been proven wrong.

For example: Ezekiel 26 prophesied the destruction of the city of Tyre, and that it would never be rebuilt. It's currently the fourth-largest city in Lebanon. The bible was flat out wrong. Impossible if God is real and omniscient.
Lol, I remember that episode of Atheist Experience.

Sunshine

Sunshine

Student
Jan 11, 2019
Lol, I remember that episode of Atheist Experience.

I'm not even atheist and have never watched that show (?) but there's just so many logical errors with the bible and christian belief that I have a hard time understanding how anyone can genuinely believe it. Like what makes the bible more legit than any other of the 10000 religions that exist or existed? Where's the proof? None.

F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I am a spiritualist and know that there is a spiritual existence after we leave our physical shell. Maybe that explains why I have no fear of dying.

s3gfault

s3gfault

No Brain No Pain
Jun 29, 2020
I am a spiritualist and know that there is a spiritual existence after we leave our physical shell. Maybe that explains why I have no fear of dying.

Would you mind explaining what you think happens after we die? I'm curious in what other people think.

Reactions: KleinerWolf and _Minsk