clueless2dayor2morro

clueless2dayor2morro

Feb 19, 2021
just thought i'd share, i got a text message a few days ago from metro pcs' automated whatever.
it reads:

"Metro: The FCC has adopted 988 as a 3-digit number to be used nationwide to reach the National Suicide Prevention & Mental Health Crisis Lifeline. Eff 4/24/21 impacted area codes will permit 10-digit dialing."

and it goes onto list a link to the metro pcs website for more info. I didn't click on the link, but I'm guessing its some stuff metropcs has info on the organization.

I was wondering if anyone else got this text as well. I didn't know that theres now a hot dial number for the suicide prevention line. I guess thats nice, but weird that I'd get this text out of the blue. I'm guessing it has something to do with COVID-19 and all that.

I've only called a suicide hotline like once because of an emotionally abusive partner coerced me into it while they were being shitty to me over the phone and I told them that I wanted to die. But when I called them, I didn't really have anything to say. I had a stuffed nose from all the crying and I knew it was just an episode that came on because of that partner at the time. I hung up. I think it was a female voice.

Anyways, I hope you all are getting on well today. Just wanted to share something.

• Informative
Reactions: Depressed Cat