• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Hmm.. I'm sensing a pattern here..

chart

Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 4.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.97

personalised chart

Give or take where i am. Right economically, moderate libertarian socially. I have to say though, in this test its a bit hard to get an authoritarian result.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I felt hemmed in by not having any neutral responses, but I did it anyway and got a result that surprised me. I'm not sure this is very representative TBH.
Chart

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I got
Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.1
6A82CE4F 9B7F 4DEF 9810 5B036B3F0F85

Last edited:
Reactions: Kat! and Sensei
Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
Honestly this test isn't really that great; it seems to have a lib-left bias (e.g. you support basic human rights? Libleft then!). A better test would be using the SapplyValues test, which reduces the bias somewhat, but down to an acceptable amount. It also introduces a new scale: progressivism vs conservatism. I was a libcenter when taking OP's test but I got authleft with this one.

SmartSelect 20201204 075116 Samsung Internet

Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
Honestly this test isn't really that great; it seems to have a lib-left bias (e.g. you support basic human rights? Libleft then!). A better test would be using the SapplyValues test, which reduces the bias somewhat, but down to an acceptable amount. It also introduces a new scale: progressivism vs conservatism. I was a libcenter when taking OP's test but I got authleft with this one.
I've never seen this! Thanks for sharing.

It's interesting because I'm more authoritarian on this one than the compass, and I thought I would've been relatively socially conservative on the scale.

Reactions: Isadeth
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Honestly this test isn't really that great; it seems to have a lib-left bias (e.g. you support basic human rights? Libleft then!).

I've read up on political theory, debated politics for a couple of decades, and taken several political tests. I can say that this test de facto is flawed. (Why use the ideologically charged term "libertarian"? Why place Hitler on the left?) However, the sad truth is that it's one of the best political tests I've been able to find. I've tried to improve it by for instance adding one or more axes, but in vain.

BTW, liberals aren't left-wing, not even social liberals. They embrace capitalism and representative democracy and don't shy away from militarism and so on and so forth.

A better test would be using the SapplyValues test, which reduces the bias somewhat, but down to an acceptable amount. It also introduces a new scale: progressivism vs conservatism. I was a libcenter when taking OP's test but I got authleft with this one.

It's definitely an interesting addition, but it's not without flaws either. For instance, where to position libertarians and anarchists on this scale?

Reactions: Brink
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

Wow, mostly the same. Though this one says I'm slightly less authoritarian and more right wing.....

Reactions: Sensei
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Chart

Honestly I've found it very stupid, most questions were too generic and nonsensical and didn't take into consideration a lot of factors

But anyway, I'm a commie now apparently. Where's my state mandated gf?

Reactions: Skathon and Sensei