• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
It does not have to be about medications or trips to psychologists.
Just tell us what was your problem and how you recovered.

I don't know the solution for problem I suffer from for couple of year,but maybe your stories will help, although maybe they won't.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
T

thejdrives

Jun 17, 2023
i'm not fully recovered but i've started to find peace within myself after gaining independence and a long time in hospitals, a group home and lots of therapy (i got kicked out a lot). i'm still working on it though.

D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
I know It is the worst place to ask for stories from recovered people,because most of the time they leave this forum as soon as they recovered but I don't know where to find them. Maybe will ask on ask Reddit. Feel free to suggest ideas where to find and ask recovered people about that

cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
the story isn't complete but i'll write it here. some parts might be off by a few years because im on so many meds that my memory is fucked but the gist should still be the same.
TW: self harm, child abuse and suicide attempts

i got born. yay. what a blessing.
i turned 7 and went online for the first time. i was the victim of graphic online sexual abuse that i have never been able to open up about.
when i was 9, i wrote my first suicide note.
when i was 11, i started seriously considering suicide.
when i turned 13 it started passively (e.g sitting on the edge of the roof, walking across the road without looking).
when i turned 14 i had my first attempt where i was hospitalized for the night. i started self-harming. i started therapy.
when i was 15 my first very serious attempt. i was in hospital for a week because my liver was failing. fortunately they saved it but i now deal with chronic pain along with other issues from this.
i was then in a psychiatric ward for a month and started my journey with medication.
that year i attempted suicide many many many times and was in and out of the hospital and psych ward. my self-harm also escalated to the point where i got stitches every single week.
the pattern continued until i was 17, and met my first love.
he was everything. 8 months into our relationship he was diagnosed with cancer.
he died shortly after and i dont want to go into more detail. the cancer did not kill him.
it was very very very traumatic and my life fell apart. i started doing the same things i had been doing before him.
this year, i have been sent to a long term facility for at least 6 months. im hoping i can find recovery this year, and i have to say i would consider myself recovering from anorexia and a crippling self-harm addiction as well as anxiety.
my main problem is BPD, which i dont know if ill be able to improve. but for the other conditions like depression i have hope.
its possible, i know people who really have recovered and it is the most beautiful thing.
we got this. we're not alone.
keep fighting :)

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
My life is a long story so I'll just cut to the last few yrs.

After 22yrs of hella abuse, precarious housing, struggles even finding medical

I moved 4 times in 2020. In one of them I met a women going through abuse as well and she gave me a number for a worker part of an organization that was amazing. She helped me with each move. She was there through the struggles. She cared... The last time was a crappy residential treatment but not the worse jus very hard.

But through that I was able to make a housing application for subsidized housing to finally live independently including pictures of the physical abuse from my brother that yr... it's expedited my application. I got a response withIn a month to my bachelor apartment I am living in now. Back then this was my ideal city so.

I moved in March 2021 and the independence has really shifted my healing.

I have found self love, community care, passions, wellness etc etc. I've finally been able to treat my health issues. Finally able to be who I am.

Continuing to find more support. Build myself and a life worth living.

Writing this I realized that I would've never been able to grow to this level or do anything I've done recovery wise unless I moved. Im proud of myself for moving. Im proud of myself for escaping.

My recovery journey is not done. Im not sure where it'll go but I am trying my best.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I'm still in recovery.
I live with chronic pain, a few months ago it became so debilitating that I spent most of may day alone in bed or laid out on the floor in distress. I then tried multiple times to cbt and ended up in a psych ward. I promised my family I would keep trying different things and luckily I got a lot of support.
Cut to about 2 weeks ago, I then stumbled on the work of Dr sarno, I am discovering that all my chronic pain of 20 years is related to anxiety. Since then I have improved greatly and I'm gradually getting my life back.

I still have pain and anxiety but I'm working on dealing with it, who knows what the future holds but today life is tolerable

Reactions: idontknow99