• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
is it getting too heavy?
It was a salty lake they put a divider in and turned half into salty marshes and half into clean water to build their city and floating farms on, it was called Tenochtitlan. They piled logs into earth then floated it into the lake.

This Japanese airport is also sinking
And parts of NYC

Reactions: sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
is it getting too heavy?
There's two neighboring towers that my friend and his brother work in:

One tower's foundation always has water running underneath it, from a subterranean spring (https://www.nps.gov/articles/glacialtillandglacialflour.htm), so they built a drainage system under the bottom level of the parking garage with gravel and trench drains to a sump pump. It's built on a pier and you can actually hear the concrete slabs rock as you drive over them. (See pier and beam foundation).
The neighboring tower has a different geology so it doesn't have this problem. They just poured a concrete slab foundation.
All large structures have to have multiple soil reports to get permitted.
Houses in parts of Alaska and Siberia are built on pylons because of to permafrost or stilts in Louisiana for storm surges, ect.

For example, Husky Stadium and a lot of the high-rise towers around Seattle have a membrane in their foundation for water followed by a sump pump.

everybody is sinking :(
New York for example is bedrock. The west coast has a lot of volcanic ash and sedimentary soil as foundation which is softer.
Say buildings on a beach for example -Generally depending on the sand make up augured holes are dug until firm ground is found and then concrete piers are poured in the holes. they are all attached to steel beams to attach the floor. I would look up some foundations for buildings built in Dubai. They have lots of sand there!
Charleston is on of the fastest sinking cities. Subsidence on the eastern seaboard is due to a process called glacial isostatic adjustment. Basically, when the Laurentide ice sheet receded after the last glacial maximum about 20,000 years ago, the continental crust that was below the ice sheet started to rebound and the continental crust that was bulging around its perimeter (eastern U.S.) started to subside. As mentioned in the paper, it is possible that this natural isostatic adjustment is being exacerbated by local-scale subsidence below larger cities.
Rain can replenish water tables but it depends on soil permeability, topography, land use and climate.
Extracting oil can cause land subsidence. The good news is - fracking might release built-up energy as small earthquakes, which could indeed leave the ground more stable. However, it could also dump the stress onto a fault that was already near rupture, and cause a large earthquake. Because earthquakes are caused by tectonics (giant rocks) pushing against each other creating stress and when the large rocks are broken up into small rocks they can act as roller bearings - The bearing analogy is part of it, but powders can also act as fluids, and thus as lubricants, without the particles "rolling".

How is hydraulic fracturing related to earthquakes and tremors? - USGS.gov

Disappearing cities on US coasts1 day agoNature
Good news, though!
Some cities are not sinking and some mountains eroding while others are growing.
some Scandinavian capital cities and Vancouver, BC are built on solid bedrock.
While sea level is rising, the theoretical maximum height would be around 230 additional feet. Which is terrible BUT not Water World levels. This is if ALL the glaciers and ice caps completely melted.
im very bored.

just tell me a curious fact, something about yourselves, or whatever.
Look up InQTel. The CIA were early investors in Facebook. It's the CIA's public venture capital fund. Not a conspiracy.

Why are coffee, seltzer and unsalted almonds palette cleansers:
The oil in coffee will take out non-polar taste compounds, while the acidic water base takes out the polar taste compounds, and the bitterness activates your taste buds to be ready for new tastes. Almonds have oil and just a trace of bitterness, and seltzer water is slightly acidic, so it makes sense that it would be a similar taste cleanser to coffee.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
we die a little over 1 time in average
Wdym
There's two neighboring towers that my friend and his brother work in:

One tower's foundation always has water running underneath it, from a subterranean spring (https://www.nps.gov/articles/glacialtillandglacialflour.htm), so they built a drainage system under the bottom level of the parking garage with gravel and trench drains to a sump pump. It's built on a pier and you can actually hear the concrete slabs rock as you drive over them. (See pier and beam foundation).
The neighboring tower has a different geology so it doesn't have this problem. They just poured a concrete slab foundation.
All large structures have to have multiple soil reports to get permitted.
Houses in parts of Alaska and Siberia are built on pylons because of to permafrost or stilts in Louisiana for storm surges, ect.

For example, Husky Stadium and a lot of the high-rise towers around Seattle have a membrane in their foundation for water followed by a sump pump.

New York for example is bedrock. The west coast has a lot of volcanic ash and sedimentary soil as foundation which is softer.

Say buildings on a beach for example -Generally depending on the sand make up augured holes are dug until firm ground is found and then concrete piers are poured in the holes. they are all attached to steel beams to attach the floor. I would look up some foundations for buildings built in Dubai. They have lots of sand there!

Charleston is on of the fastest sinking cities. Subsidence on the eastern seaboard is due to a process called glacial isostatic adjustment. Basically, when the Laurentide ice sheet receded after the last glacial maximum about 20,000 years ago, the continental crust that was below the ice sheet started to rebound and the continental crust that was bulging around its perimeter (eastern U.S.) started to subside. As mentioned in the paper, it is possible that this natural isostatic adjustment is being exacerbated by local-scale subsidence below larger cities.
Rain can replenish water tables but it depends on soil permeability, topography, land use and climate.
Extracting oil can cause land subsidence. The good news is - fracking might release built-up energy as small earthquakes, which could indeed leave the ground more stable. However, it could also dump the stress onto a fault that was already near rupture, and cause a large earthquake. Because earthquakes are caused by tectonics (giant rocks) pushing against each other creating stress and when the large rocks are broken up into small rocks they can act as roller bearings - The bearing analogy is part of it, but powders can also act as fluids, and thus as lubricants, without the particles "rolling".

How is hydraulic fracturing related to earthquakes and tremors? - USGS.gov

Disappearing cities on US coasts1 day agoNature

Good news, though!
Some cities are not sinking and some mountains eroding while others are growing.
some Scandinavian capital cities and Vancouver, BC are built on solid bedrock.
While sea level is rising, the theoretical maximum height would be around 230 additional feet. Which is terrible BUT not Water World levels. This is if ALL the glaciers and ice caps completely melted.

Look up InQTel. The CIA were early investors in Facebook. It's the CIA's public venture capital fund. Not a conspiracy.

Why are coffee, seltzer and unsalted almonds palette cleansers:
The oil in coffee will take out non-polar taste compounds, while the acidic water base takes out the polar taste compounds, and the bitterness activates your taste buds to be ready for new tastes. Almonds have oil and just a trace of bitterness, and seltzer water is slightly acidic, so it makes sense that it would be a similar taste cleanser to coffee.
Have you been to Dubai? I was supposed to go there last year
Yay
LSD was a CIA project. I wonder why they had that idea in the first place.
I wonder as well…why do you think so?

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Wdym

Yay

I lived in the UAE for six months.

Reports of Soviet experiments and reports from Operation Paperclip that the Nazis had been experimenting with techniques, too.

Nearly all of the documentation concerning the US Government's research into the weaponization of pharmaceuticals was destroyed in 1973 when the various programs were officially shut down. What we now know about these programs comes from the report and declassified documents generated by the Senate's 1977 Joint Hearing into MK Ultra, which relied on what little documentation escaped destruction as well as interviews that the Senate conducted with the personnel that were involved.

In 1955 the US Army launched "Material Testing Program EA 1729" which was designed to test the military potential of LSD. Initially these tests were confined to its use as a chemical weapon, with the goal being to create a munition carrying a non-lethal incapacitating agent. This was conducted parallel to the ClA's research, which the Army appears to have initially been unaware of.

Although these tests didn't show any military potential for LSD, they did show a potential for its use in interrogation. This resulted in the Army launching a second phase of the program in 1958 to evaluate LSD's use as an interrogation enhancer.

This second phase involved experimenting on consenting subjects who had been conditioned to resist torture. Essentially, the subjects were told that they were going to be evaluating the potential of polygraphs and sensory deprivation for use in interrogation. The subjects were then secretly administered LSD and then subjected to one of those two methods of interrogation. We don't know much else about this but presumably it showed some positive findings because, unlike the LSD munition, this branch of research was approved for field testing.

Wdym

Yay

In 1963 the Army's Assistent Chief of Staff for Intelligence was briefed on these results. He appears to have felt that the use of LSD was no different or effective than torture, and ended the Army's program.

By the time that Third Chance and Dirby Hat were carried out the Army appears to have been aware of the ClA's own research into LSD. In fact, the impetus behind Third Chance and Dirby Hat appears to have been that the CIA had not, at that point, conducted any field tests and it was hoped that the Army's field tests would provide a justification for an expanded joint CIA/Army field testing program.

Although the ClA had severely curtailed its research into LSD after the 1953 death of Dr. Frank Olson - a doctor working on MK Ultra who had secretly been administered LSD by other doctors working on the project - it too completely abandoned research into LSD following the Army's 1963 evaluation. What we know about the ClA's laboratory experiments with other drugs shows that they were generally useless for interrogations. The most success that they had was a method involving barbiturates.

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Most big hotel brands are just management companies. Most large chain hotels like Hilton, Starwood (Marriott), Hyatt, ect. have adopted an asset light business strategy and don't actually own (most of) their own hotels anymore. Most are managed, some are franchised and a handful are corporate owned by these companies still but have been slowly selling them off. Most motels however are franchised. It's faster for growth to split up expertise: the business of hotels is real estate and the hotel business is hospitality. It's very management intensive and requires specialized, experienced expertise. So usually a corporation or developer or investor(s) own a local hotel, then hires a big brand name like Marriott to manage it for them. Some even franchise with a different company (say Hilton) and then hire a different management company (say Accor) to run it.
So the operator is often times different than the owner. A lot of small hotels & motels are owner-operated.

broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
Gelada monkeys graze on grass like bovines do, and they're the only species of monkey tht grazes. They also spend most of their time relaxing and socializing
Also, marmosets n tamarins r the only species of monkey tht have claws. I think

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Gelada monkeys graze on grass like bovines do, and they're the only species of monkey tht grazes. They also spend most of their time relaxing and socializing
Also, marmosets n tamarins r the only species of monkey tht have claws. I think
Some of the earliest primates had claws. Capuchin have nails but not exactly claws.

im very bored.

IMG 9910
For coaxial cables:

The shield is grounded, anything metal will absorb radio signals so it's shielded from external radio signals - one of the pathways is faster than the other so you would get ghosting a ghost image on your TV set.

Copper conductor (photo)

The higher definition the TV, the more susceptible it is to poor connections

Stack for TV's in a high-rise - cables go vertically

Last edited:
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
something interesting? i just saw that some guy has had 217 covid shots. not sure if he has stopped.

E

Erik.t.f

Experienced
Jun 1, 2023
This is for the us and I'm not completely sure about the numbers so this is approximately

Death is 2,912,402 in 2023
How many got revived 36,400

(2,912,402+36,400)/2,912,402=1,0124982746≈we die 1,012 times in average per life

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
This is for the us and I'm not completely sure about the numbers so this is approximately

Death is 2,912,402 in 2023
How many got revived 36,400

(2,912,402+36,400)/2,912,402=1,0124982746≈we die 1,012 times in average per life
Being clinically dead means that all bodily functions expect for your brain are stopped. This is a recoverable state, and can be induced for difficult surgeries. Being brain dead means the electrical signals in your brain have stopped. You cannot recover from being brain dead, but you can be kept "alive" with machines. Either of these states can be entered at different times, but being clinically dead for about twenty minutes will render you brain dead. Being truly dead requires both conditions to be met, so nobody can be revived from being truly dead.
And I think it might be worth considering the distinction between medically dead and legally dead. There's a distinction medically dead refers to the cessation of vital functions, while legally dead is a determination made by authorities often based on medical criteria, but it can also involve legal processes and documentation. There's "clinical death," where vital signs cease temporarily during certain medical procedures like surgery, but the individual can be revived. It's a temporary state induced intentionally under controlled conditions to perform medical procedures.
But nonetheless it is an interesting statistic.
something interesting? i just saw that some guy has had 217 covid shots. not sure if he has stopped.
Oh, the German guy? Lol I remember reading that a while ago. Crazy.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
everything has a coefficient of friction - Even ice has a (minimal) friction coefficient. Its just the force applied, direction and surface its going against. Static friction between your feet and the floor is what allows you to walk

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
These are Corona rings, they ensure that the path for an arc is long and is adjacent to smooth surfaces. (See corona discharge)
IMG 0559 Glass is the amorphous form of silicon dioxide, so it doesn't have a crystal structure.
glass is inert relative to oxidation because it is already oxidized, but it does undergo ion exchange in strong chemical solutions, and it can be etched by hydrofluoric acid.

diamond is only metastable – it wants to convert to graphite. and, relative to oxygen, it is less stable than glass because it is not yet oxidized.
single-point diamond turning is used to machine surfaces with few-nanometer smoothness, but it is not recommended for steel because the iron in steel grabs carbon from the diamond.
graphite more stable at 1 (atmosphere of) pressure: diamond is more stable at high pressure
Not all crystals are stable. Even diamond will slowly convert to graphite at elevated temperatures (fortunately for the diamond industry, this process is so slow at room temperature that it can be ignored). Also, crystals like salt and sugar are not stable in water. However, crystals tend to be more stable than less orderly arrangements of the same atoms because the lowest-energy state is usually ordered in a way that balances bonds between atoms.
everything has a coefficient of friction - Even ice has a (minimal) friction coefficient. Its just the force applied, direction and surface its going against. Static friction between your feet and the floor is what allows you to walk
To calculate - force to slide it, divided by weight (or force perpendicular to the interface).
Diamond is really low friction, so smooth diamond on smooth diamond is about as good as it gets.
I do not know if graphene on graphene is smoother than diamond, but I do know that if you are allowed to roll the graphene. the little balls act as tiny ball bearings and reduce friction further.

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Heat treating tool steel to "cherry hot" above its critical temperature (heat treating) so the steel looses its temper.
Heating the steel above its critical temperature causes the (atoms) crystal lattice to transform into a single-phase austenite structure, which is a face-centered cubic (FCC) arrangement of iron atoms.

im very bored.

The vortex or whirlpool formation in a sink drain is created by angular momentum. When water flows down the drain, it initially moves in a circular or spiral motion due to the shape of the basin and the force of gravity. As the water accelerates towards the center of the drain, conservation of angular momentum causes it to spin faster and form a vortex.

Angular momentum is a property of rotating objects and is defined as the product of an object's moment of inertia and its angular velocity. In the case of water draining from a sink, the angular momentum of the water increases as it moves closer to the center of rotation, resulting in the formation of a swirling vortex.

This phenomenon is observed not only in sink drains but also in various other natural and man-made systems where fluids are in motion, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and even galaxies.

The clouds of milk in hot coffee - its not a uniform mix when you pour it in, it creates clouds and eddies and swirls randomly a lot. At first it is due to the turbulence from pouring, but if you let it sit long enough loc temperature effects can be seen. My favorite for observing this is miso soup 🍜

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Heat treating tool steel to "cherry hot" above its critical temperature (heat treating) so the steel looses its temper.
Heating the steel above its critical temperature causes the (atoms) crystal lattice to transform into a single-phase austenite structure, which is a face-centered cubic (FCC) arrangement of iron atoms.

The vortex or whirlpool formation in a sink drain is created by angular momentum. When water flows down the drain, it initially moves in a circular or spiral motion due to the shape of the basin and the force of gravity. As the water accelerates towards the center of the drain, conservation of angular momentum causes it to spin faster and form a vortex.

Angular momentum is a property of rotating objects and is defined as the product of an object's moment of inertia and its angular velocity. In the case of water draining from a sink, the angular momentum of the water increases as it moves closer to the center of rotation, resulting in the formation of a swirling vortex.

This phenomenon is observed not only in sink drains but also in various other natural and man-made systems where fluids are in motion, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and even galaxies.

The clouds of milk in hot coffee - its not a uniform mix when you pour it in, it creates clouds and eddies and swirls randomly a lot. At first it is due to the turbulence from pouring, but if you let it sit long enough loc temperature effects can be seen. My favorite for observing this is miso soup 🍜
**The water in the sink usually has some net angular momentum from the faucet, and as the water moves toward the drain conservation of angular momentum causes it to spin faster. if it spins fast enough you get a vortex.

If there is a clog, then the angular momentum has more time to dissipate from friction with the sink, and you are therefore less likely to see a vortex form.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Bebe Rexha's first songwriting credit is Shinee's Lucifer

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Yuki_03
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Pick the polygon with equal number of sides. A square, a hexagon, a octagon, a triangle, a circle, ect. Its the triangle. But aren't there two possible answers? Because a circle has an infinite amount of sides and infinity is neither an even nor odd number, its infinity. So is the answer infinity?
Maybe minimum number of sides... but is a circle a polygon (poly=multiple, gon = sides)? Not by most definitions...
A circle is the limit as the number of sides goes to infinity. But at infinity, the "sides" have shrunk to zero length and hence are points rather than sides.
A circle is actually defined as having an infinite number of points on its circumference, but it doesn't have sides in the way polygons do. In geometry, a side refers to a straight line segment connecting two points. Since a circle is continuous, it doesn't have distinct straight sides like a polygon does.