• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
1. Where did the Spanish flu go? I'm assuming it's a misconception that the Spanish flu mutated into the common cold?

2. Where did the bubonic plague go?

1. mild version became a regular circulating flu. Spanish flu was an influenza. Russian flu late 1800s thought to be a corona virus that became a common cold

2. still in rodents.

look up single wire Earth return (SWER) -
It is a low-cost way of distributing small amounts of electricity long distances by using a single wire for the outgoing current, and letting the return current flow through the earth.

Does wearing black clothes inside a hot building, say a kitchen, make you hotter than wearing black clothes?

Compared to naked, yes.
Compared to white: only if there is radiant heat to absorb.

Modern nuclear power plant can't explode like a nuclear bomb, but it can have a steam explosion or hydrogen explosion which can scatter radioactive debris. A nuclear bomb on a nuclear plant would be one heck of a radioactive mess, but it doesn't take a nuclear bomb. While the reactor itself is well protected by a thick concrete dome, the spent fuel pools are usually relatively unprotected and have more total radioactivity, and an ordinary explosion in them could spread the radioactivity widely.

Can a light be designed that never burns out?

A light comprising a fluorescent material and long-lived radioactive isotope, both embedded in diamond, could last for billions of years, but the light would be pretty dim and even it would eventually wear out.

Need more? 🤷‍♀️

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
1. Where did the Spanish flu go? I'm assuming it's a misconception that the Spanish flu mutated into the common cold?

2. Where did the bubonic plague go?

1. mild version became a regular circulating flu. Spanish flu was an influenza. Russian flu late 1800s thought to be a corona virus that became a common cold

2. still in rodents.

look up single wire Earth return (SWER) -
It is a low-cost way of distributing small amounts of electricity long distances by using a single wire for the outgoing current, and letting the return current flow through the earth.

Does wearing black clothes inside a hot building, say a kitchen, make you hotter than wearing black clothes?

Compared to naked, yes.
Compared to white: only if there is radiant heat to absorb.

Modern nuclear power plant can't explode like a nuclear bomb, but it can have a steam explosion or hydrogen explosion which can scatter radioactive debris. A nuclear bomb on a nuclear plant would be one heck of a radioactive mess, but it doesn't take a nuclear bomb. While the reactor itself is well protected by a thick concrete dome, the spent fuel pools are usually relatively unprotected and have more total radioactivity, and an ordinary explosion in them could spread the radioactivity widely.

Can a light be designed that never burns out?

A light comprising a fluorescent material and long-lived radioactive isotope, both embedded in diamond, could last for billions of years, but the light would be pretty dim and even it would eventually wear out.

Need more? 🤷‍♀️
Really expected your answer, you are basically wikipedia in sasu.

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
Sea cucumbers will spit out their organs as a defense mechanism.
Giant girdled lizards looks like little dragons.
Cats have faster reaction speed than snakes.
1. thats disgusting. i love it. i also heard that sea urchins and stars spit out some organs to eat.
2. we should open a petition to change the name to mini dragon
3. another reason to why cats are the best species

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
deer antlers are the result of a controlled type of benign bone cancer growth🧸somehow their genes are just able to regulate it, & suppress the whole cancer part.
The genes that promote bone growth to produce horns are some of the same that are triggered by bone cancer. It is not bone cancer that's being controlled.

The genes responsible for horn/antler/ossicle growth often are responsible for either promotion or obstruction of certain bone cancers.

This means it doesn't grow in the exact same way as other bones, but more like channeling the mechanism of certain types of cancer, then reigning it in again to manage it. Less than just uncontrolled cell replication (cancer), but more than could be achieved conventionally.
Sea cucumbers will spit out their organs as a defense mechanism.
Giant girdled lizards looks like little dragons.
Cats have faster reaction speed than snakes.
Some species of coral can do this too I believe

Also, before anyone starts going, back-and-forth about any of my comments in the section: I am not a zoologist

Elevators have lots and lots of safety features and equipment and actually require electrical power to disengage the breaks

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
SaSuNet <3
Not sure what exactly that means? Is that love ❤️ this website?
im very bored.

just tell me a curious fact, something about yourselves, or whatever.
The Internet was not completely original. IBM had a network of over 1000 computers by the time that the Internet reached a mere 100 computers, and the principle of using the phone network to send messages between computers was already over 25 years old by then.
- TV's go to electronic recycle
- 2/3rds of the cost of a TV is the screen
- hotels can have hospitality specific TV's meaning you can change the menu through a factory reset but its in the network card which is active even when the TV is off so its networked differently

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
In 1904 a one minute call was a full days pay
After WW2 calls got more affordable- more automation and more efficiency
In 1984 the cell phone costs $4,000 in 1984 money and had 30 minutes of talk time and took 24 hours to charge the battery
No texting, no apps, no camera
Open wires - uninsulated galvanized steel
To put them underground they used paper wrapped wires in lead pipes
Today its call glass fiber and plastic insulation- fiber optics
Glass insulators were made from the cheapest glass that was left over so the colors don't mean anything
Long distance call quality was better because no compression on T1 lines and then some companies competed on price by dialing back on quality and in terms of market that was a better strategy so it went down to the least acceptable call quality in terms of best price so kind of a race to the bottom

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
so my turn! SN is usually treated with methylene blue, but using it with SSRI or most anti depressives can cause serotonin syndrome. so even if SN fails and people resuscitate you and you have been taking SSRIs, high chance youre gonna have a very shitty time.
A fact about myself would be…hmm I actually don't know lol
just any fact! a fun one or a surprising one, and it doesnt have to be about you :)

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
so my turn! SN is usually treated with methylene blue, but using it with SSRI or most anti depressives can cause serotonin syndrome. so even if SN fails and people resuscitate you and you have been taking SSRIs, high chance youre gonna have a very shitty time.

just any fact! a fun one or a surprising one, and it doesnt have to be about you :)
Not fun

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023

Sunsets are blue on Mars

Reactions: Homo erectus
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
There are 48 million kangaroos in Australia and 3,457,380 people in Uruguay. So if the kangaroos decide to invade Uruguay, each Uruguayan will have to fight 14 kangaroos

P.S: I know I have a lot of knowledge, you don't have to tell me that ;)

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
There are 48 million kangaroos in Australia and 3,457,380 people in Uruguay. So if the kangaroos decide to invade Uruguay, each Uruguayan will have to fight 14 kangaroos

P.S: I know I have a lot of knowledge, you don't have to tell me that ;)
uruguay would totally lose against the kangaroos