• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
Teflon pans were banned in the U.S. in 2014, and in the UK in 2008. If you have a nonstick pot or pan made before then, chances are it's made from Teflon.
Teflon pans are safe to cook with, but only below 570 degrees (F). But when a telfon pan is left on a stove burner with nothing in it, the Teflon coating breaks down and releases a poisonous gas. There are many stories from birds dying from this gas within a few hours, but I haven't managed to find a case about a human death.
Teflon fumes are believed not to cause damage to humans, besides polymer fume fever- a rare condition that gives flu-like symptoms. This condition takes a few hours of exposure to settle in.
I haven't found a case where someone was exposed to it for more than some hours. If someone was exposed to it for more than that- say, a day- could this gas stand a chance of killing them? This would most likely require a sealed off small room so the gas would fill it, there's no chance it would kill in an area as big as an apartment or a house if it struggles to kill birds. A stove might be too risky to leave on for a day or two, maybe a bunson burner would work instead.
I'm not optimistic about this method succeeding at all, but there might be a chance it'll work. It doesn't seem to be difficult to set up at all, and it might feel similarly to carbon monoxide.