• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
if old sick people can drink this down in their dying bed then how hard can it be?

Reactions: Honigwaffel, not-2-b-the-answer and Ruffian
JJ-NOHOPE

JJ-NOHOPE

Tantalus - all desire, no hope
Nov 26, 2018
Are you glad you tried it? How did you deal with the cap?
The cap was a pain, but I was doing it wrong. I guess I'm glad I tried it. For better preparation.

Reactions: Jenna and not-2-b-the-answer
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
So I thought about having a little test run with N, placed little bit of the liquid in a glass. It does smell like rubbing alcohol. First I took a little bit on my finger and tasted, it wasn't so bad, little bitter but not much. Then I took a sip and I'm sorry to tell you guys, it indeed tastes quite bitter (and that bitterness will stay in your throat for some time) and has the dangerous killing chemical essence written all over it which will alarm your survival instinct to kick in even if you were totally calm before.

So I guess point is that anybody who's planning to use this method, you really really have to find a way to mask N's taste or make it sweeter, otherwise your experience won't be nice like in those videos, it will nightmarish "I indeed just drank some dangerous chemical and I will die with a bitter taste in my mouth" type of deal. So anybody who's really dreaming about just taking a drink and simply dying happily while listening to their favorite music will be dissapointed. The unmasked taste will ruin the experience. There is no dignity in that.

Though I still say the taste wasn't unbearable or bad, like rotten food, but it simply tastes like danger. I still would prefer to die, but by using this method unmasked will be a horrible end in my book.
Buy Synsepalum dulcificum fruit. When eaten it turns bitter tasting things into a sweet tasting things.

Reactions: Ruffian
Bedlamb

Bedlamb

Anthropomorphic Garbage
Mar 1, 2019
I'm thinking of putting N into capsules, because I have an extremely sensitive gag reflex when it comes to bitter substances. I'm just worried that swallowing pill by pill may be too slow and I'd pass out before finishing. Thoughts?

Side note, I recently tried the miracle berry with ethanol and it didn't help at all unfortunately

Reactions: tryingtoescape
JJ-NOHOPE

JJ-NOHOPE

Tantalus - all desire, no hope
Nov 26, 2018
I'm thinking of putting N into capsules, because I have an extremely sensitive gag reflex when it comes to bitter substances. I'm just worried that swallowing pill by pill may be too slow and I'd pass out before finishing. Thoughts?

Side note, I recently tried the miracle berry with ethanol and it didn't help at all unfortunately
I do think the capsule thing would be too slow to get a lethal dose down quick enough.

Not sure what to recommend.

H

headinghome

Experienced
Apr 11, 2019
So I thought about having a little test run with N, placed little bit of the liquid in a glass. It does smell like rubbing alcohol. First I took a little bit on my finger and tasted, it wasn't so bad, little bitter but not much. Then I took a sip and I'm sorry to tell you guys, it indeed tastes quite bitter (and that bitterness will stay in your throat for some time) and has the dangerous killing chemical essence written all over it which will alarm your survival instinct to kick in even if you were totally calm before.

So I guess point is that anybody who's planning to use this method, you really really have to find a way to mask N's taste or make it sweeter, otherwise your experience won't be nice like in those videos, it will nightmarish "I indeed just drank some dangerous chemical and I will die with a bitter taste in my mouth" type of deal. So anybody who's really dreaming about just taking a drink and simply dying happily while listening to their favorite music will be dissapointed. The unmasked taste will ruin the experience. There is no dignity in that.

Though I still say the taste wasn't unbearable or bad, like rotten food, but it simply tastes like danger. I still would prefer to die, but by using this method unmasked will be a horrible end in my book.
Even though there is little chance of me being able to get this reading about the taste is devastating…
Even though there is little chance of me being able to get this reading about the taste is devastating…
too bad there isn't a way to inject this into some sort of pill or capsule form that could be swallowed even though it might take a long time
Has anyone considered injecting it intravenously?
This is how we used to euthanize pets ....Intravenous injection and sometimes when there was very low blood pressure we would just injected directly into the abdomen it took longer for them to die but not by much… When you inject it intravenously they drop in a matter of seconds… Most of the time it was so peaceful

Last edited:
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
This dude is describing the taste of N shortly. (SORRY ITS SECONAL; MY MISTAKE) He says it tastes woody.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
martha

martha

Experienced
Mar 14, 2019
Seconal
This dude is describing the taste of N shortly. He says it tastes woody.

thanks for sharing. I did not know that Oregon is such a liberal state. I heard about the legalization of Cannabis, but did not know about assisted suicide.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and NextSummer
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Oh sorry, didn't know its seconal. How did you find out, that it's seconal?

s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
I knew it would taste horrible, but actually tasting it is really something else. So much more than 'bitter', more 'chemically' to me. The only thing I could liken it to was having those dissolve under your tongue type medications. The worst part for me was afterwards it really sticks in the back of your throat, almost like repeating, and gets stronger afterwards. I woke up about 2 hours later and still had the horrible taste in my throat, definitely gag-inducing in my opinion. Almost like something in my throat and had to keep clearing it? A tiny taste seemed do-able but it was much worse when I drank 10ml. Of course you can do anything if you're determined enough, but it would be challenging and not a pleasant last few minutes.

I suggest dissolving Panadol on your tongue and just keeping it in your mouth. It takes a really long time and makes you gag but I do think you can train yourself a little bit. I've been practising like this and it does seem to get a bit easier with time...Others here have suggested this and I do think it's a helpful way to prepare.

Whilst it definitely CAN be mixed with OJ, I personally feel that won't make enough of a difference. I think it needs to be mixed with something really intensely sugary. More like apricot nectar, honey or sugar syrup will make it more manageable I think.

I know people here are fearful of this taste thing, but I don't think the taste will stop someone who is determined... There are many worse ways to go, I just want to make my last few minutes easier and more pleasant.
This. I said in another thread practice, practice, practice. Try chewing up any available med, even OTC like Tylenol or Benadryl. Get used to the bitter taste that ALL medications have, even if they differ from one kind to another - it''s a nastiness that seems to be unique to drugs. Chew them up and spit them out, but at least you get used to having something that rank in your mouth. Even drinking something like Valerian (an herb) tea will help desensitize your mouth to a bitter taste. I guess because I've chewed up so many opiates and benzos, plus I was into powdered nootropics (cognition enhancers,) that made my hair stand on end, I think worrying about how bitter N will be is unnecessary. If you have the balls to ctb, I'm sure you can handle some bitterness.

I think this is great advice and it has worked for me. Dissolving and keeping Panadol in my mouth for a long time was similar to the taste of drinking N. I think preparing by practising is a good idea, especially for anyone really nervous about the taste issue, or who may have issues with gagging.

And you're right about having the courage to CTB. If you're determined and ready, taste will be of little importance I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Escaper Boy, Jenna, overandout and 1 other person
O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
Oh sorry, didn't know its seconal. How did you find out, that it's seconal?

Not to worry, just googled his name and websites kept coming up saying he drank Seconal.
Here's a few links for you if you fancy a browse...

Reactions: NextSummer
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
Yeah same here, I'm intrigued about it now...wonder how easy it is to get?

My understanding is that it's not really available any more, as with all barbiturates. Definitely not easy. It's discussed in the PPeH I think.

Reactions: overandout
Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
@s_girl you really drank 10 ml? Were you afraid it would kill you? I appreciate all of the information and suggestions you are giving. It's hard when it sounds so peaceful but maybe it isn't.

Struggling

Struggling

Student
Feb 6, 2019
Only one way to find out. I'm just going with mind over matter if I think it will be ok I just might get away with it

Reactions: lululoo, Honigwaffel and Broken
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
@s_girl you really drank 10 ml? Were you afraid it would kill you? I appreciate all of the information and suggestions you are giving. It's hard when it sounds so peaceful but maybe it isn't.

Haha that would be ironic! Of course I WANTED it to kill me but there's such a small amount of barbiturate in it that I was confident it wouldn't. Like everything, I think it's different for every individual. It was my third (and last) try as I prepare myself. The larger volume did make it harder to visualise getting through 200ml. It feels like more of a challenge for me now, although it's definitely achievable and can be done, I want to make it as pleasant as possible. Personally, after 10 ml (with no anti-emetics, as I've tested these separately), after about 10 mins I had blurry vision, felt dizzy and queasy and nauseous in my stomach, just a little bit but nowhere close to vomiting. I really don't think vomiting will be a concern for me at all. After about 20 mins, I was in a deep sleep for about 2 hours. Didn't seem to have any ill effects afterwards, except being a bit tired and drowsy. I still had the taste in my throat but chocolate does help overcome this.

I plan to start testing super sweet stuff to help mask the taste soon. I will share what I'm planning to use. Feels like I have a lot still to do. I'm feeling more confident that it will be a peaceful way to go, just like falling asleep and not waking up. I would have preferred pills but I know this is the best option and I feel grateful for it. Overcoming fear is the hardest part but practise and repeated exposure DOES make it easier. It's even in the suicideology literature. I just want it to be as pleasant as possible so I've been trying to get myself ready. This is just my personal experience, but I'd really appreciate hearing from others who are also preparing...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: tryingtoescape, Soul, dandan and 2 others
Deadgirl

Deadgirl

Game Over
Mar 31, 2019
This idea has been floating around my head when, but when my time comes i will use those feeding tubes to ingest N. Instead of getting the tube to my stomach i will put it just above my gag reflex then use a syringe to inject it. These are cheap. I would recommend the neonatal ones though.

Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
I wonder if it's okay as long as you get through 100 ml (I mean, depending on your weight)?
The PPH only says 100, not 200, right (even though A advises more based on your weight)?

Do you have a plan in mind if you are unable to get the full 200 ml down? i.e. will you proceed as long as you've drunk a certain amount, but if you haven't reached that threshold make yourself puke it up? I'm not even sure what the dangers are of a partial dose of N.

Sorry, not trying to invoke fear and paranoia... I just find it helpful to think through all possible scenarios.

I want to know too. That would be awful if that happened.

Reactions: lululoo
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Yeah same here, I'm intrigued about it now...wonder how easy it is to get?
Seems that you can still get it but the price per pill is ridiculous. You're looking at $40 per pill. A lethal dose is roughly 100 pills.

• Wow
Reactions: overandout
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
That's crazy money!!
"As of March, the latest data available, a bottle of 100 capsules of 100-milligram Seconal had a retail price of $3,082, according to data from Truven Health Analytics. Ten grams is a lethal dose." - USA Today

"Valeant purchased the drug last February, and jacked up the price from $1,500 to $3,000 after the state of California proposed legalizing assisted suicide." - Business Insider

Reactions: Solo and overandout
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
I wonder if it's okay as long as you get through 100 ml (I mean, depending on your weight)?
The PPH only says 100, not 200, right (even though A advises more based on your weight)?

Do you have a plan in mind if you are unable to get the full 200 ml down? i.e. will you proceed as long as you've drunk a certain amount, but if you haven't reached that threshold make yourself puke it up? I'm not even sure what the dangers are of a partial dose of N.

Sorry, not trying to invoke fear and paranoia... I just find it helpful to think through all possible scenarios.

You are right as a lethal dose is only 6 grams of barbiturate, and one 100 ml bottle contains 6.3 grams of barbiturate. There is NO evidence that anyone has ever woken up again after ingesting 6 grams, as long as 2 variables are met. 1. There is no drug tolerance and the person has undergone the withdrawal period to prepare before and 2. The person has up to 12 hours undiscovered so no life supporting treatments are received. This is covered in the Guide to a Humane and Self Chosen Death (and includes references and studies). I believe the idea of 200ml is almost like an insurance policy. Taking an extra overdose to reduce the risk of non-completion of death and also providing an additional buffer in case of vomiting. It should also hasten death and make it much faster, as the greater amount will take effect sooner. I think this is because taking longer increases the risk of being 'saved' but also to help the relatives and friends that are usually present during these types of deaths, that's my understanding anyway.

I think you have raised some great issues and I want to be as prepared as possible too. Whilst drinking 200ml will be challenging, I think I can still force myself no matter how hard it is, so I plan to just force it all down no matter what.

I think it's like anything in life really... I really don't like strong alcoholic spirits (especially without a mixer) or medications that need to be dissolved or drunk either, but I can still force myself to chug them back if I'm determined enough. If I truly am ready to CTB, then I really believe that nothing including fear or SI or whatever, will stand in my way.

• Hugs
Reactions: dandan, Escaper Boy, Dead Meat and 3 others
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Does it matter at all your weight? A was recommending that I purchase 3 bottles but PPH and others have backed that 2 is sufficient. I am a bit heavier though.

s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
Does it matter at all your weight? A was recommending that I purchase 3 bottles but PPH and others have backed that 2 is sufficient. I am a bit heavier though.

My understanding is that weight is unrelated. No person has ever survived 6 grams of barbiturate, providing they are not discovered and 'saved'. I think extra weight just means it will take a lot longer, so increases the risk of discovery. Also if you're discovered you are more likely to be saved, because the effects take longer so you may not have reached the deep enough level of coma (and the point where you cannot be revived yet)... This is just my opinion based on what I've read, I'm certainly no expert and people need to make their own decisions. I think there's definitely a reason why so many people keep recommending to take more than 1 bottle though and I trust what they're saying as they have good intentions.

Reactions: Soul, Dead Meat, HelensNepenthe and 1 other person
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
You are right as a lethal dose is only 6 grams of barbiturate, and one 100 ml bottle contains 6.3 grams of barbiturate. There is NO evidence that anyone has ever woken up again after ingesting 6 grams, as long as 2 variables are met. 1. There is no drug tolerance and the person has undergone the withdrawal period to prepare before and 2. The person has up to 12 hours undiscovered so no life supporting treatments are received. This is covered in the Guide to a Humane and Self Chosen Death (and includes references and studies). I believe the idea of 200ml is almost like an insurance policy. Taking an extra overdose to reduce the risk of non-completion of death and also providing an additional buffer in case of vomiting. It should also hasten death and make it much faster, as the greater amount will take effect sooner. I think this is because taking longer increases the risk of being 'saved' but also to help the relatives and friends that are usually present during these types of deaths, that's my understanding anyway.

I think you have raised some great issues and I want to be as prepared as possible too. Whilst drinking 200ml will be challenging, I think I can still force myself no matter how hard it is, so I plan to just force it all down no matter what.

I think it's like anything in life really... I really don't like strong alcoholic spirits (especially without a mixer) or medications that need to be dissolved or drunk either, but I can still force myself to chug them back if I'm determined enough. If I truly am ready to CTB, then I really believe that nothing including fear or SI or whatever, will stand in my way.
Thank you, that is very helpful.
My understanding is that weight is unrelated. No person has ever survived 6 grams of barbiturate, providing they are not discovered and 'saved'. I think extra weight just means it will take a lot longer, so increases the risk of discovery. Also if you're discovered you are more likely to be saved, because the effects take longer so you may not have reached the deep enough level of coma (and the point where you cannot be revived yet)... This is just my opinion based on what I've read, I'm certainly no expert and people need to make their own decisions. I think there's definitely a reason why so many people keep recommending to take more than 1 bottle though and I trust what they're saying as they have good intentions.
Weight does matter for most medications, though. I guess it depends on what weight is assumed when they establish the lethal dose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Meat
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Thank you. I wanted to pick up two bottles but A insisted I get three. That's very expensive.