• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for anyone to use illicit drugs, I'm a law-abiding citizen, so on and so forth...

There has been a lot of research coming out lately that various psychedelics can potentially help with depression, including magic mushrooms.

Would it be safe to say, though, that if you have a history of depressive psychosis, it'd be better to stay away from these drugs? Even it has been awhile since you last hallucinated or felt paranoia?

Would it also be safe to say that if you theoretically were going to take such things, that it'd be better to microdose instead of taking enough to trip? Just how likely is it that these drugs will cause some sort of mental relapse?

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I've made threads asking the same questions. The consensus is micro dosing is best for depression, meanwhile ketamine is being used for suicidal ideation. But it's clinically observed in a controlled environment.

Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
I've made threads asking the same questions. The consensus is micro dosing is best for depression, meanwhile ketamine is being used for suicidal ideation. But it's clinically observed in a controlled environment.
That'd make sense. Honestly, another big reason why I'm interested is for recreational purposes in larger doses but it's probably not worth putting my mental health on the line for such a thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
If you're going to experiment with it, see how micro dosing is first. There are others here much more knowledgeable on the subject, maybe they can better guide your mushroom alternative journey ♡

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I've heard those drugs work great in microdoses, like you just take a very tiny amount every few days or weeks. You won't really experience a trip with small amounts and I heard it makes you feel better. I once talked to someone who took mushrooms in small capsules every 2-3 days.

Reactions: Nexey and Isadeth
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
As someone that suffers from visual hallucinations, imposter syndrome, paranoia and other things like that, I've thought about using shrooms to help but the thought of aggrivating those problems concerns me so it's basically a last ditch effort I keep in the back for emergencies if need be.

If you do, even people without problems are advised to have someone they trust close by so I'd have someone that knows you and you really trust close by.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nexey
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'd look into taurine first! See my recent post. But erm re shrooms, I don't know if they work if you are on meds. Some say for example MAOIs boost the effect, and others say that you don't get any effect if on MAOIs. Other meds, also not sure.

I would not recommend a large dose if you have had psychosis. I have tripped many times, and it's not always been pleasant. I have survived all of them with no lasting effects, but I'm really not sure if you have had psychosis. You can look on Erowid for trip reports and also Reddit.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I have recently tried microdosing and would recommend this as the way to go. A little bit can give enough of a useful effect without significant risk of adverse reactions. And you can step up to minidoses if needs be once you have judged the effects (positive and/or negative) of microdosing.

C

cooldude420

Student
Aug 8, 2021
microdosing protocols is great. search reddit. full on trip not be good for psychosis, schizophreinia. etc.

P

Peace!

Aug 20, 2021
I've heard those drugs work great in microdoses, like you just take a very tiny amount every few days or weeks. You won't really experience a trip with small amounts and I heard it makes you feel better. I once talked to someone who took mushrooms in small capsules every 2-3 days.
What is your profile picture and signature from?
Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for anyone to use illicit drugs, I'm a law-abiding citizen, so on and so forth...

There has been a lot of research coming out lately that various psychedelics can potentially help with depression, including magic mushrooms.

Would it be safe to say, though, that if you have a history of depressive psychosis, it'd be better to stay away from these drugs? Even it has been awhile since you last hallucinated or felt paranoia?

Would it also be safe to say that if you theoretically were going to take such things, that it'd be better to microdose instead of taking enough to trip? Just how likely is it that these drugs will cause some sort of mental relapse?
Like everyone else, I would recommend micro-dosing. Have you tried cannabis? If so, how has that been for you?

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
SWIM knocks out microdosing caps and it's such a tiny dose ....1/10th the amount needed to slightly trip.....I don't believe it's that bad.
Nowhere near as dangerous as weed

P

Peace!

Aug 20, 2021
SWIM knocks out microdosing caps and it's such a tiny dose ....1/10th the amount needed to slightly trip.....I don't believe it's that bad.
Nowhere near as dangerous as weed
Can you expand on how it's far less dangerous than weed and/or do you have any resources where I could learn more about it?

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I know weed is particularly dangerous in those with any kind of schizo affective symptoms...that's a well known and studied concept.
Simply by the minute dosage,it has to be relatively safer. The largest microdosing caps are 1/10th the amount needed to even notice a disturbance. If you do notice somethng,then you're taking too much.
That's how it works. The safety actor is relative and there's masses of studies in the works but nobody will ever be able to guarantee your safety.
But having seen a deal of various antpsychotics and other psych meds,I can't believe it's any worse than those
Not the most scientific of aticles but interesting nonetheless:

Last edited:
Reactions: Peace!
P

Peace!

Aug 20, 2021
I know weed is particularly dangerous in those with any kind of schizo affective symptoms...that's a well known and studied concept.
Simply by the minute dosage,it has to be relatively safer. The largest microdosing caps are 1/10th the amount needed to even notice a disturbance. If you do notice somethng,then you're taking too much.
That's how it works. The safety actor is relative and there's masses of studies in the works but nobody will ever be able to guarantee your safety.
But having seen a deal of various antpsychotics and other psych meds,I can't believe it's any worse than those
Not the most scientific of aticles but interesting nonetheless:
Thank you.