• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Mule

Mule

Dec 18, 2018
Has anyone ever come across suspension trauma as a method? It happens to people hanging in a safety harness who don't move their legs - blood pools in the legs and the brain doesn't get enough oxygen leading to fainting, and ultimately death since you can't fall over and restore circulation to the brain. Basically what happens to the soldiers that faint in military parades. I tried to post about this before but I guess the post wasn't approved since it contained a web link, apologies to the moderators if I broke the rules.

Reactions: todienomore, sif, Lifeisatrap and 4 others
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
Never heard of it. How long would it take to ctb this way?

Reactions: sif and Lifeisatrap
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
It doesn't look like a good way.

D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
Has anyone ever come across suspension trauma as a method? It happens to people hanging in a safety harness who don't move their legs - blood pools in the legs and the brain doesn't get enough oxygen leading to fainting, and ultimately death since you can't fall over and restore circulation to the brain. Basically what happens to the soldiers that faint in military parades. I tried to post about this before but I guess the post wasn't approved since it contained a web link, apologies to the moderators if I broke the rules.

Can you elaborate it a bit? I did not get it.

N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
I feel like it would be extremely slow and would have a high risk of being found

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap and therhydler
Mule

Mule

Dec 18, 2018
Can you elaborate it a bit? I did not get it.
Basically you attach the safety harness you're wearing to a point of suspension like a high beam, hang there without moving your legs, and it causes blood to pool in the legs. The brain stops receiving blood and you faint, but because you can't fall over which is the body's way of restoring blood flow to the brain by going horizontal, the brain never receives any more blood and you die. Hope I've explained it a little better.

Reactions: sif, Lifeisatrap, therhydler and 1 other person
Mule

Mule

Dec 18, 2018
I feel like it would be extremely slow and would have a high risk of being found
Never heard of it. How long would it take to ctb this way?

The whole thing is over and done with in an hour apparently, at least that's what the medical community reckons. Experiments have been done where volunteers lost consciousness in minutes.

Mule

Mule

Dec 18, 2018
It doesn't look like a good way.
Well, it's not the most convenient. Without a suitable point of suspension, you'd need to buy something like a rescue tripod and they're pretty expensive.

D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
Basically you attach the safety harness you're wearing to a point of suspension like a high beam, hang there without moving your legs, and it causes blood to pool in the legs. The brain stops receiving blood and you faint, but because you can't fall over which is the body's way of restoring blood flow to the brain by going horizontal, the brain never receives any more blood and you die. Hope I've explained it a little better.

Oh.. have understood now. Thankyou. This is the first time I've heard of this. Sound a bit interesting.

NoDream

NoDream

Student
Mar 27, 2018
I have POTS, i know exactly how it feels. Dont do this!

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
I think this likely a great method, less gruesome than hanging.

A cheap made-in-china harness and rope would do the job. You literally just chill in the harness until you pass out and thats it.

This study seems to indicate it takes over half an hour to become risky

i found that study mentioned here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8390355/

Last edited:
Reactions: raindrop9