• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I hate the hostility here. Someone attempted to take their own life and all you can do is doubt them. "Dumb" suicide attempts are a lot more common than you might think.
While I normally would agree in some circumstances, this thread has several points that are not conclusive to sodium nitrite poisoning. The largest concern is why blood work from the hospital saying that the ingest of sodium nitrite was conclusive to carbon monoxide poisoning. If you didn't half-ass read this thread to only shit out a comment saying people are hostile on the forum, maybe you'd come to the conclusion as other forum members are. The more these fabricated threads are, the more people who claim that sodium nitrite is not a valid method of terminating your own life.

Friendly reminder for the unknowing:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Quarky00, Skyview and Ulisses
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
While I normally would agree in some circumstances, this thread has several points that are not conclusive to sodium nitrite poisoning. The largest concern is why blood work from the hospital saying that the ingest of sodium nitrite was conclusive to carbon monoxide poisoning. If you didn't half-ass read this thread to only shit out a comment saying people are hostile on the forum, maybe you'd come to the conclusion as other forum members are. The more these fabricated threads are, the more people who claim that sodium nitrite is not a valid method of terminating your own life.
I'm just realying information back to you as I have received it. Frankly I couldn't care less if you think this is a fabrication. I'm not saying sn isn't a valid form of self deliverance and if you didn't half assed read the thread I'm saying the exact opposite.

• Love
Reactions: SimplyTopHat and littlelady774
U

Ulisses

Arcanist
Feb 21, 2020

View attachment 29460
I found the report false and untill anecdotal.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I'm just realying information back to you as I have received it. Frankly I couldn't care less if you think this is a fabrication. I'm not saying sn isn't a valid form of self deliverance and if you didn't half assed read the thread I'm saying the exact opposite.
Yeah, that's exactly what I wrote earlier how it's easy to say what you did if you never have to prove it. Easy to claim that "Frankly, I do not care if you think I'm lying" as a way of discrediting the multiple comments saying how your story is not conclusive to our medical understanding of sodium nitrite poisoning. You refuse to acknowledge how the doctors treated you for carboxyhemoglobinemia, yet sodium nitrite causes methemoglobinemia. Treatment of methemoglobin and carboxyhemoglobin are different.

And on a random note, your hostility in a response is only making the suggestion that you're lying about this or the very least not being truthful about the whole situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mm80, Skyview and Ulisses
J

JSauter

Experienced
Oct 14, 2019
My favorite fabrications on this forum are when people say they're stuck at a psychiatric hospital, posting from their phone. As someone who's actually been in one of those places, the thought of someone so attention-seeking but oblivious to the fact that they strip you of everything and don't even allow your family to bring you basic toiletries ...made me chuckle. People definitely lie on here - it's the nature of mental illness.

[I'm not saying the OP is lying, I'm just reminded of those moments from the way the convo is going]

Last edited:
Reactions: Iwanttooffmyself, Lutembëe and Ulisses
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020

View attachment 29460
Like I said I'm just relaying information as I revived it from different people, again I wanna as unconscious a lot but from what I've heard they thought it was carbon monoxide poisoning however I do not know if this was the paramedics or the doctor maybe one of them said one thing and the other said something else and in my delirious state have crossed the two up. Again I'm relating information to the best of my memory but I understand your skepticism. I'm not saying SN isn't a peaceful and effective way to ctb.
Yeah, that's exactly what I wrote earlier how it's easy to say what you did if you never have to prove it. Easy to claim that "Frankly, I do not care if you think I'm lying" as a way of discrediting the multiple comments saying how your story is not conclusive to our medical understanding of sodium nitrite poisoning. You refuse to acknowledge how the doctors treated you for carboxyhemoglobinemia, yet sodium nitrite causes methemoglobinemia. Treatment of methemoglobin and carboxyhemoglobin are different.

And on a random note, your hostility in a response is only making the suggestion that you're lying about this or the very least not being truthful about the whole situation.

tell you what, if you ever attempt this and fail and you try sharing your experience and you're met with doubt and hostility then let's just see how you react to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: SimplyTopHat, enjolras, littlelady774 and 1 other person
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I hate the hostility here. Someone attempted to take their own life and all you can do is doubt them. "Dumb" suicide attempts are a lot more common than you might think.
Entire approach of this place is to avoid "dumb" suicide attempts, though it allow discussion of such, as these are harmful. You know peaceful euthanasia and all that crap? So when that happens under suspicious circumstances there should be doubts. Some things could have been raised in a more friendly way, but I assume members here consider this place a sanctuary and many are tired of crap. (I'm not saying this thread is crap)

OP circumstances are bizarre throughout entire process: measuring with spoon, not mixing with water, going to pee, clear SN poisoning with zero consequences or care. I would like to emphasize that. Nothing here follows any guidelines or common sense :shy:

OP explained and each member will draw their own conclusion. But it should be highlighted. The consequences of failed attempt and bad ctb practices are dire. I don't know how OP wasn't sanctioned , questioned or reprimanded by no one -- that is rare. If some hostile tone (which I dislike) might deter such practices or make things clearer for readers, so be it.

:heart:

Last edited:
Reactions: SimplyTopHat, littlelady774, ShadowChild and 1 other person
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
1-Yeah, that's exactly what I wrote earlier how it's easy to say what you did if you never have to prove it. 2-You refuse to acknowledge how the doctors treated you for carboxyhemoglobinemia,

Oh and
1-I'd prove it if I could however all I have is a ward discharge for which doesn't say what I was treated for on there, bruised up hands and arms and a picture of a blood test with black blood inside which could be ink for all you know.
2-they DIDNT treat me for carbon monoxide poisoning it was an initial diagnosis like I said I'm hearing things from different people when they'd finished treating me they told me it was methemoglobinemia hence being given oxygen and meth blue
They couldn't figure out what caused it, my parents asked about the carbonmonoxide thing and they were told no it's not that besides you're both fine so I honestly don't know where that diagnosis came from.
Entire approach of this place is to avoid "dumb" suicide attempts, though it allow discussion of such, as these are harmful. You know peaceful euthanasia and all that crap? So when that happens under suspicious circumstances there should be doubts. Some things could have been raised in a more friendly way, but I assume members here consider this place a sanctuary and many are tired of crap. (I'm not saying this thread is crap)

OP circumstances are bizarre throughout entire process: measuring with spoon, not mixing with water, going to pee, clear SN poisoning with zero consequences or care. I would like to emphasize that. Nothing here follows any guidelines or common sense :shy:

OP explained and each member will draw their own conclusion. But it should be highlighted. The consequences of failed attempt and bad ctb practices are dire. I don't know how OP wasn't sanctioned or 'punished' -- it is rare. If some hostile tone (which I dislike) might deter such practices or make things clearer for readers, so be it.

:heart:

not finding a cause may well be rare however not being sanctioned as a result of not being able to prove it was a ctb attempt isn't exactly outlandish.

Last edited:
Reactions: SimplyTopHat, a.h and littlelady774
foreverbroken28

foreverbroken28

I've gone off the deep end.
Jul 11, 2019
Well.....I wasn't expecting to make this post. I was hoping I wouldn't have to but here I am.
Thursday night I took some amount of SN, Possibly just under a tablespoon (I'm a light guy) 55kg i know the lethal amount.
I didn't put it in water I just swallowed it then washed it down with amour 100ml water. No discomfort bit of burping, later on noticing dizziness kind of like when you drink to much and know you're about to throw up (I didn't)

*sigh*

I needed to use the toilet, I couldn't hold it. it was making me uncomfortable. I got up, I took 7 steps towards and woke up in hospital.

If I hadn't got up to go to the bathroom then.
well..

I'm not okay.
Not one bit.
Fuck.

Sorry if you've answered this already. I have not read through all the pages yet. (I may after typing this.)
Sorry about your failed attempt, first off. I can't fathom failing.

I just have some questions.

1. Did you take meto and what regime did you use?

2. Was there any pain like stomach burning or was it simply you feeling dizzy like you were intoxicated?

• Love
Reactions: SimplyTopHat and ShadowChild
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
My favorite fabrications on this forum are when people say they're stuck at a psychiatric hospital, posting from their phone. As someone who's actually been in one of those places, the thought of someone so attention-seeking but oblivious to the fact that they strip you of everything and don't even allow your family to bring you basic toiletries ...made me chuckle. People definitely lie on here - it's the nature of mental illness.
I disagree with that observation. Many psych wards allow phone usage . Psych nurses watch it and you are given the phone under supervision or for a limited time. You can see in previous threads and documented medical cases that some hospitals are very lax and discharge people. Shouldn't be a surprise to us that medical procedures are not followed... for worse (sadly) and for better. I know the vast majority of wards are hell, like you described -_-

• Love
Reactions: SimplyTopHat and BetterInthanOut
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
Sorry if you've answered this already. I have not read through all the pages yet. (I may after typing this.)
Sorry about your failed attempt, first off. I can't fathom failing.

I just have some questions.

1. Did you take meto and what regime did you use?

2. Was there any pain like stomach burning or was it simply you feeling dizzy like you were intoxicated?

I didn't, I took some paracetamol about and hour before (antiemetics are prescription only here)

No burning for me just felt drunk

• Love
Reactions: SimplyTopHat and foreverbroken28
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I think phone access varies by country. Here in the US, phones aren't even allowed if you're sectioned but stuck in the emergency room the entire time. They don't even let you have a book to read usually. Suicide punishment = death by boredom.

• Hugs
Reactions: SimplyTopHat, JSauter and Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
not being sanctioned as a result of not being able to prove it was a ctb attempt isn't exactly outlandish.
It is.

If there's suspicion, which is clear here , at least psych evaluation :wink: If that's not followed, which is possible, parents usually demand answers etc. So are doctors , poisoning is serious , health hazzards etc. Everything is possible but there are several serious "hurdles" to being disharged , and skipping all of them is indeed rare.

So yeah - it is outlandish .

Last edited:
Reactions: k75
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
It is.

If there's suspicion, which is clear here , at least psych evaluation :wink: If that's not followed, which is possible, parents usually demand answers etc . Poisoning is serious .

I dunno man maybe it's different in the UK I dunno if that's were you are but I'm pretty sure here you can't be detained on the mental health act just because the doctor is baffled.

Reactions: SimplyTopHat
J

JSauter

Experienced
Oct 14, 2019
I disagree with that observation. Many psych wards allow phone usage . Psych nurses watch it and you are given the phone under supervision or for a limited time. You can see in previous threads and documented medical cases that some hospitals are very lax and discharge people. Shouldn't be a surprise to us that medical procedures are not followed... for worse (sadly) and for better. I know the vast majority of wards are hell, like you described -_-

I don't understand how you could post on this forum from a psych ward phone. My experience was completely prohibitive of having my own toothbrush, let alone mobile phone use w/ internet access. Maybe it's different outside the US.

Last edited:
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
It is.

If there's suspicion, which is clear here , at least psych evaluation :wink: If that's not followed, which is possible, parents usually demand answers etc. So are doctors , poisoning is serious , health hazzards etc. Everything is possible but there are several serious "hurdles" to being disharged , and skipping all of them is indeed rare.

Also I'm 29 pretty sure parents can't demand things that would need my consent

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I dunno man maybe it's different in the UK I dunno if that's were you are but I'm pretty sure here you can't be detained on the mental health act just because the doctor is baffled.
I did not say "detained". And its not "mental health act". Or just "sanctioned". Basic evaluation is standard procedure. Checking health hazzards, maybe there's poison circulating the market etc.

Reactions: Mm80
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
I don't understand how you could post on this forum from a psych ward phone. My experience was completely prohibitive of having my own toothbrush, let alone mobile phone use w/ internet access. Maybe it's different outside the US.
Could use a vpn I suppose unless the phone is actually the property of the ward and not your own personal phone but yeah if I was in a psyche ward this would be the last place I'd go to

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Also I'm 29 pretty sure parents can't demand things that would need my consent
Demanding answers from doctors , what happened etc , has nothing to do with "consent" or "sanctioning" . You misread what I wrote.

J

JSauter

Experienced
Oct 14, 2019
Could use a vpn I suppose unless the phone is actually the property of the ward and not your own personal phone but yeah if I was in a psyche ward this would be the last place I'd go to

I'm saying they're not smart phones. They're phones attached to the wall.

Reactions: Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Maybe it's different outside the US.
Yes , probably :wink:

But I assume some psych wards in the US do allow limited usage of personal phone. It's not a federal law. Can others share info about that? :)

Reactions: JSauter
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
I did not say "detained". And its not "mental health act". Or just "sanctioned". Basic evaluation is standard procedure. Checking health hazzards, maybe there's poison circulating the market etc.

Would basic evaluation include a Cat Scan and lumber puncture?

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Yes , probably :wink:

But I assume some psych wards in the US do allow limited usage of phone. It's not a federal law. Can others share info about that? :)
Yes, in the US there are phones on the wall or whatever patients are allowed to use, but cell phones are never allowed. Nothing with a screen at all. There are privacy laws that forbid it and also fears that a screen can be broken and used for harm.

Reactions: Quarky00 and JSauter
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
cell phones are never allowed. Nothing with a screen at all. There are privacy laws that forbid it and also fears that a screen can be broken and used for harm.
Is that true in all psych wards across US? Is it some enforcible federal procedure? I'm not questioning what you said, honestly very curious :hug:

I was under the impression that some wards (in the US) are more lax, especially now that people communicate via text... Need to email lawyer.. etc

foreverbroken28

foreverbroken28

I've gone off the deep end.
Jul 11, 2019
I didn't, I took some paracetamol about and hour before (antiemetics are prescription only here)

No burning for me just felt drunk

Woah. This kind of gives me hope although I will have meto. I'm actually impressed. I hear all of these horror stories about SN without meto.

• Love
Reactions: SimplyTopHat and ShadowChild
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
Woah. This kind of gives me hope although I will have meto. I'm actually impressed. I hear all of these horror stories about SN without meto.
I'd heard the same stories but risked it.
Just please take care whatever you choose to do. A lot of people in this thread might think I'm lying but I'm honestly trying to help people who are in the same situation with my account of things.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mayonaise, Lizzie123, SimplyTopHat and 3 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Is that true in all psych wards across US? Is it some enforcible federal procedure? I'm not questioning what you said, honestly very curious :hug:

I was under the impression that some wards (in the US) are more lax, especially now that people communicate via text... Need to email lawyer.. etc
This is where I'm less knowledgeable, but I think it might be a federal law. Possibly HIPAA privacy rules. My son was hospitalized 4 times and the first thing they did was take his phone and shoes (because of the strings). I've done several outpatient hospital programs, and we weren't allowed phones during the groups because of HIPAA. They said we might photograph other patients, and it was a privacy risk they could be sued for.

Reactions: Quarky00 and JSauter
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
That's kind of harsh...
True though
Edit: I mean true concerning not following the method carefully enough.

I won't psychoanalyze the OP. I'm sorry he had to go through that.

Also about the AEs, I'm slowly becoming sceptical whether their effects aren't overstated; it seems quite a few people are doing fine without them and many people who took AEs vomited in spite of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: SimplyTopHat and enjolras
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Any time now.
Jan 13, 2020
Look I'm not gonna be answering any more on this thread if anybody has any actual questions then you can pm me.

I started this thread (I wasn't even going to) but I started this thread to share my experience with the community and for people to talk to and for some support from a community who is mostly very understanding. To be berated by even a minority of individuals is kinda of a downer.
Individuals like these are why people don't "talk about it"

Take care everyone.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lizzie123, SimplyTopHat, littlelady774 and 4 others
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019

Where is the dislike button...

Please, in the future give people the benefit of the doubt okay? Imagine how much such a comment could damage someone after a failed attempt.

Reactions: Lizzie123, SimplyTopHat, Lost in a Dream and 2 others