A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
They said it was only bc of COVID? Or was it that COVID was the final straw?

Agreed.

Thanks!
Wasn't specific to covid. It's just that's how many there was before covid. But now it's most likely even higher. As it was on an upward slope and then in a terrible pandemic causing issues it's most likely to keep going up and even quicker.
it only gets worse from here out. There is a lot of wishful thinking out there about the power of technology to solve problems.
Yeh a little part of me still hoped that as technology advances they'll find a cure for depression and anxiety.

even if found prob wouldn't be sold tho :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Endeavour and Meditation guide
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
Wasn't specific to covid. It's just that's how many there was before covid. But now it's most likely even higher. As it was on an upward slope and then in a terrible pandemic causing issues it's most likely to keep going up and even quicker.

Yeh a little part of me still hoped that as technology advances they'll find a cure for depression and anxiety.

even if found prob wouldn't be sold tho :/
you know what? i love this idea! it's something i never considered before. what if there was a cure to a treacherous, traitor brain that has hijacked our wellbeing?

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
I mean in japan they had more suicides than coronavirus deaths. This time has been extremely stressful on everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if current events have caused suicides to spike in the usa too
Indeed! The Covid lockdowns were the reason I joined this site, so I could learn to CTB painlessly and quickly. What stopped me was meeting a right-wing anti-lockdown group online, and attending their illegal party, when my state was still under quarantine. Still, I'm not ruling out CTB'ing down the road. Now that Biden won, that group might get broken up by the police. In which case, I won't have any social life, which means "SN, here I come!"

• Hugs
Reactions: issyishere
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
Indeed! The Covid lockdowns were the reason I joined this site, so I could learn to CTB painlessly and quickly. What stopped me was meeting a right-wing anti-lockdown group online, and attending their illegal party, when my state was still under quarantine. Still, I'm not ruling out CTB'ing down the road. Now that Biden won, that group might get broken up by the police. In which case, I won't have any social life, which means "SN, here I come!"
Tbh mate just hang in there a couple more months and things will be okay. I expect life to be normal in 5 months

Reactions: mirko
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Tbh mate just hang in there a couple more months and things will be okay. I expect life to be normal in 5 months
You're dreaming, there's no chance. The numbers of infections and deaths will keep on going up for the next 3 months while it's cold, it'll take at least a year to vaccinate everyone (if the vaccines even work), and by that time loads more people will have lost their incomes and the economies will be trashed.

Tent cities, starvation, it's going to be brutal.

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
You're dreaming, there's no chance. The numbers of infections and deaths will keep on going up for the next 3 months while it's cold, it'll take at least a year to vaccinate everyone (if the vaccines even work), and by that time loads more people will have lost their incomes and the economies will be trashed.

You're both right. That said, the quarantine no longer affects me as much as it did in spring of 2020, since I now have that conservative group to party with. I'll even be celebrating New Year with them. (As an atheist, I don't celebrate Christmas.) They truly saved my life this year---if I hadn't met them, I'd have CTB'ed in May or June---so accepting their invite felt like the right thing to do. Not to mention, a fun and rebellious way to start 2021. But if the group gets busted by the police, including Biden's newly established undercover quarantine police, off to Hell I'll go.

I'm sure it's even worse now. People are not only socially isolated per se, they're socially isolated during a very social time: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. All because liberal politicians demand it from them. So I don't blame them for CTB'ing.

Last edited:
melancholy_lily

melancholy_lily

May 21, 2020
Lockdown in March was the reason I found this forum. it's going to be bad for a lot of people for a long time because of the response :/

Reactions: MyStateKilledMe and Endeavour
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Yes, there is evidence that the suicide rate has increased since the COVID pandemic.