Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
Hello , All! Do you think that we will see a substantial spike in suicides due to all of the terrible shit happening in the world right now?

Reactions: Joarga, _Minsk, foxdie and 5 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Definitely.
Everyone's current lives just got strewn about by this, and I think the youth will be most effected as a result of this.

• Aww..
Reactions: Tonight634, Metalhead, _Minsk and 4 others
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
Definitely.
Everyone's current lives just got strewn about by this, and I think the youth will be most effected as a result of this.
yeah, i totally agree. im already struggling mentally and feeling like fuck it so then you add everything else on and its like FUCK THIS NOISE. stay alive for this? ummmm, nah. you know?

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Darkdreamer001, foxdie and 3 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
yeah, i totally agree. im already struggling mentally and feeling like fuck it so then you add everything else on and its like FUCK THIS NOISE. stay alive for this? ummmm, nah. you know?
Yea it was just adding onto the current situation here, absolutely annoying. I just wanna sleep through it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tonight634, foxdie, Endeavour and 1 other person
AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
Hello , All! Do you think that we will see a substantial spike in suicides due to all of the terrible shit happening in the world right now?
100% we are heading for the worst financial crisis only comparable to the great depression.;-;

• Wow
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, foxdie, demuic and 3 others
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: foxdie, Kat!, demuic and 1 other person
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Yeh most definitely. I'm sad n messed up b4 covid so oh well just the same shitty existing

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, foxdie, Kat! and 2 others
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
Yeh most definitely. I'm sad n messed up b4 covid so oh well just the same shitty existing
Exactly. Same. Same. Being cooped up on the house just took me full on over the edge.

Reactions: foxdie, Kat! and Endeavour
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
The problem in the UK is there has to be an inquest after a suicide and they can take months - probably a lot more months with covid slowing everything down.

So the official figures for 2020 won't be out til probably the end of 2021/2022.

In the meantime they're trying to say there's no evidence of an increase, even though SANE are getting 200% more phone calls than normal, and in places like Japan suicides are increasing dramatically.

So I think in all countries impacted by this it will be going up, and as we move into 2021 locked down and more people lose their jobs, etc - it'll keep going up.

If in normal times X people kill themselves - well the number is hardly going to go down when everything turns to shit. I think they probably daren't tell us.

But nearly every day in the press is a story of someone commiting suicide, the other day was the nurse who killed her daughter and herself, today that super model has "died suddenly" after her 50th birthday and shortly after plitting with her husband of 20 years.

• Aww..
Reactions: Joarga, Darkdreamer001, foxdie and 6 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
This was in October, not sure how much worse things are now. I find it interesting that there is a suicide section on a big UK news site called the Mirror, it seems as if there are articles popping up on there frequently in spite of the government and the do gooders trying to inject us with hopium filled platitudes that everything will be okay.

Another one from Japan. The demographics seem to be changing. Women and younger people are catching the bus more frequently compared to the past.

• Wow
Reactions: Raminiki, foxdie, Kat! and 4 others
symphonyofthenight

symphonyofthenight

Dec 17, 2020
Most definitely. I think the amount of underlying mental illnesses people have are going to be coming to the forefront too, and the system is in no way able to handle the influx. It can't even handle MH normally without a pandemic (here in the US). The economic ramifications are literally going to be unprecedented. So even if we survive lockdown, the lack of employment I firmly believe will cause an uptick in ctbs.

After all our society tells us our lives are only valuable if we're working like cattle.

Reactions: Pookie, Amber1974!!, Darkdreamer001 and 6 others
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
I mean in japan they had more suicides than coronavirus deaths. This time has been extremely stressful on everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if current events have caused suicides to spike in the usa too

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Pookie, MyStateKilledMe, foxdie and 5 others
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
In the meantime they're trying to say there's no evidence of an increase, even though SANE are getting 200% more phone calls than normal, and in places like Japan suicides are increasing dramatically.
whoever says there is no increase is a fucking liar.
But nearly every day in the press is a story of someone commiting suicide, the other day was the nurse who killed her daughter and herself, today that super model has "died suddenly" after her 50th birthday and shortly after plitting with her husband of 20 years.
I'm in the US so I'm not super int eh know about UK news. Who was the model? That totally sounds like a CTB not a "sudden" death!

Reactions: Endeavour, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and symphonyofthenight
symphonyofthenight

symphonyofthenight

Dec 17, 2020
Are people legit denying there's an increase? LOL. They probably just want to "discourage" people from ending their lives.

Reactions: Pookie, stillweary, foxdie and 2 others
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
This was in October, not sure how much worse things are now. I find it interesting that there is a suicide section on a big UK news site called the Mirror, it seems as if there are articles popping up on there frequently in spite of the government and the do gooders trying to inject us with hopium filled platitudes that everything will be okay.
I've heard of the Mirror. I didn't realize they have a whole Suicide SECTION! That's telling.

Reactions: foxdie, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and AutoTap
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
On average there is 132 people per day who CTB via suicide in the USA (2019) which was a decent size increase from 2018. Even without the pandemic it's still increasing. With pandemic it's skyrocketing. I've seen a few people on this website who want to ctb because of covid

• Wow
Reactions: Pookie, foxdie, Teal_Blue_Dreams and 1 other person
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
Most definitely. I think the amount of underlying mental illnesses people have are going to be coming to the forefront too, and the system is in no way able to handle the influx. It can't even handle MH normally without a pandemic (here in the US). The economic ramifications are literally going to be unprecedented. So even if we survive lockdown, the lack of employment I firmly believe will cause an uptick in ctbs.

After all our society tells us our lives are only valuable if we're working like cattle.
After all our society tells us our lives are only valuable if we're working like cattle. <---THIS

• Love
Reactions: Amber1974!!, foxdie, demuic and 2 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I've heard of the Mirror. I didn't realize they have a whole Suicide SECTION! That's telling.
Here it is if you're interested, some of the articles are very sad especially when it's someone who has been abused or hurt by someone else and others don't take it seriously so the person ends up ctb.

Reactions: foxdie, demuic and Teal_Blue_Dreams
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
On average there is 132 people per day who CTB via suicide in the USA (2019) which was a decent size increase from 2018. Even without the pandemic it's still increasing. With pandemic it's skyrocketing. I've seen a few people on this website who want to ctb because of covid
They said it was only bc of COVID? Or was it that COVID was the final straw?
Are people legit denying there's an increase? LOL. They probably just want to "discourage" people from ending their lives.
Agreed.
Here it is if you're interested, some of the articles are very sad especially when it's someone who has been abused or hurt by someone else and others don't take it seriously so the person ends up ctb.

Thanks!

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
whoever says there is no increase is a fucking liar.

I'm in the US so I'm not super int eh know about UK news. Who was the model? That totally sounds like a CTB not a "sudden" death!
Stella Tennant - from a very wealthy family of nobles too.

Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams
symphonyofthenight

symphonyofthenight

Dec 17, 2020
I worry that from covid will cause an increase in restrictions against ctb methods. :(

• Wow
Reactions: AutoTap and Teal_Blue_Dreams
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
There will be a sizeable increase I would of thought. Which will probably get buried.

Reactions: AutoTap, foxdie, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
it only gets worse from here out. There is a lot of wishful thinking out there about the power of technology to solve problems.

Reactions: AnnonyBox and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
At first I was fine with it all because I hated having to go out for friends, school, or work because of the traffic in my area making things a pain in the ass but in recent months I have started to long for hanging out with my friends again especially to play Smash Bros, which sucks online.

I just wanna have fun again...

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
For me the world going to hell is actually a reason to hang around a bit longer. Anything other than going along as we have been as a species can only be a good thing as far as I can reason. I feel like this virus is a warning slap from Nature. And getting more people to feel as bad as we do might change things for the better in the long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Endeavour and AnnonyBox
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
For me the world going to hell is actually a reason to hang around a bit longer. Anything other than going along as we have been as a species can only be a good thing as far as I can reason. I feel like this virus is a warning slap from Nature. And getting more people to feel as bad as we do might change things for the better in the long term.
If something like this virus does not cause enough calamity, then it looks like global warming has got this viruses back.

Reactions: AnnonyBox
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
It's in the news on my country, so its definitely happening here. They directly relate it to COVID and the lockdown. I've heard of a story about a father who got a mild cough that proceeded to ctb, cause he was so scared of infecting his family.

The isolation and lack of mental health care is really getting on people's nerves. And the lower class is suffering the most for sure. I just hope the government would provide a working vaccine to everyone, but I know they'll line their pockets first.

Reactions: Studio84 and Endeavour
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
who got a mild cough that proceeded to ctb, cause he was so scared of infecting his family.
People have become so scared of dying they've stopped living. Most people are now simply existing.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, AutoTap, Mentalmick and 2 others
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Probably
I hate all these conspiracy theories relating to COVID coming mostly from right wing, anti vax type people, and I'm very much pro mask etc etc. However I can't help but feel sometimes that what good are more lockdowns which are supposed to protect the physically vulnerable, if it's at the expense of the mentally ill/vulnerable. (And this is coming from someone who is physically vulnerable/ immuno-compromised)
My country is going back in to lockdown today(Ireland) *sigh*

• Hugs
Reactions: Mentalmick and MindFrog
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Probably
I hate all these conspiracy theories relating to COVID coming mostly from right wing, anti vax type people, and I'm very much pro mask etc etc. However I can't help but feel sometimes that what good are more lockdowns which are supposed to protect the physically vulnerable, if it's at the expense of the mentally ill/vulnerable. (And this is coming from someone who is physically vulnerable/ immuno-compromised)
My country is going back in to lockdown today(Ireland) *sigh*
It's Saturday for us in Scotland.