• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Just wondering if anyone has any movies based on suicide they want to share?

I will start of course with "Wristcutters".

Now the plot seems horrible to me you off yourself and come back... except everything is a little worse and you cannot smile or anything. I dont believe this happens but what if it did? Fucked forever!

Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
The Discovery..

Proof of an Afterlife Creates a Suicide Problem in 'The Discovery'. It'll make you want to kill yourself or at least ponder life after death.

There was a thread yesterday somewhere about what would happen in this exact scenario.

Edit : eng is hard lol

Last edited:
Reactions: PatKat
icky

icky

Jun 14, 2018
The 2006 documentary The Bridge is up on Youtube in its entirety. It can be a cathartic watch but it does feature ample footage of people jumping off of the Golden Gate Bridge. I just averted my eyes for those moments as I'm not into the whole /r/watchpeopledie scene, aside from reading the posts.

:notsure:

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Girl, Interrupted is one of my personal favorites. It centers around a woman being sent to the psych ward after attempting to kill herself.
I forgot about that one! I love that movie also.

M

mwu14

Apr 21, 2018
Julian Po. Haven't seen it in years, but from what I remember, a guy (Christian Slater) arrives at a small town and wants a room because he plans to kill himself. Then when the townspeople find out what he plans to do, they start treating him like a celebrity and giving him free stuff. Kind of a light-hearted take on suicide but also very accurate and without a hollywood ending.

Last edited:
harakiri-enthusiast

harakiri-enthusiast

Jul 20, 2018
Leaving Las Vegas is a really good movie about this.

Also Ikiru, now this one isn't really about suicide, but it's about a man about to die and he knows it, so he tries to do something worthwhile before he goes. Also a really good movie.

M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
The Invitation. I thought this was a good and thought provoking movie. It doesn't exactly paint suicide in a positive light, but it does pose some interesting questions.

Edit: Oh, and I've never seen it, but I'm pretty sure "The Virgin Suicides" is about some girls that ultimately commit suicide because of an overly religious family or something. I know it's got some good actors in it, at least.

Last edited: