Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Everybody wants a sustainable solution for his problems.

Reactions: Szinuus, narval and WorthlessTrash
W

Winterreise

I wanna be a baby and cry and be held forever
Jun 27, 2022
I didn't think they were being anti-trans at all. They were invalidating my dysphoria by throwing in my face the struggles (albeit valid ones) of being a female, even though it really doesn't change how I feel about being born male. I don't like them projecting on my thread like that.
Tell them that you are not the cause of ciswomens problems. That you are not really in any good postion to understand their problems. Nor are you given that chance, often by the same people that demand that understanding from you in the first place.

But it would be wrong for feminists to assume that transwomen have never thought about how a life as a woman must be like...

But in the end, nobody dont really know how its like to be other people, but themselves.

• Love
Reactions: chronicallybroken and WorthlessTrash
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Temporary problem? I've been feeling like this for more than 4 years and still. I don't see the temporary thing.

• Aww..
Reactions: WorthlessTrash
I

Idontmatter

Just want it all to be over
Oct 25, 2021
Temporary problem? I've been feeling like this for more than 4 years and still. I don't see the temporary thing.
I've had depression and anxiety since I was a kid. I'm about to end my "temporary" problem. 😊

• Aww..
Reactions: WorthlessTrash
unqualifiedreserve

unqualifiedreserve

Sep 24, 2021
my sympathy goes out to you as someone who also struggles with gender dysphoria, being forced to repress and even worse knowing that you'd never pass if you were to transition is utterly soul crushing. it feels like people don't understand that in some cases even HRT and surgeries wouldn't alleviate the incongruence between mind and body, not to mention the socialization aspect of being visibly trans and what it entails. it really is a permanent problem ☹️

• Aww..
Reactions: chronicallybroken, chloramine and WorthlessTrash
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
(Today's) suicide prevention is temporary solution to permanent problems.

Reactions: chloramine
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Whenever I hear that saying it makes me want to die more because:
1. It's super invalidating. Implying that the suffering someone is experiencing means less because you perceive it to be temporary is so messed up. Can you imagine someone saying that about a broken bone or something?
2. Permanent solutions are also great. If the permanent solution was drinking x amount of water then they'd be all for it. The fact that dying not only stops all this, but does so forever is a huge motivator.
3. Implying they understand the length and severity of what you're experiencing better than you do is insulting.

Reactions: Euthanza, chronicallybroken and Idontmatter
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Perhaps my opinion does not agree with the comments of this forum. Some problems that lead to depression have a solution. Others do not have a cure but there are treatments that try to help the patient to deal with that problem. For ex, a terminal illness or sexually transmitted disease. Now, the problems are not bigger or smaller than the others. They are different. That phrase has a certain truth and a certain lie.

Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
Perhaps my opinion does not agree with the comments of this forum. Some problems that lead to depression have a solution. Others do not have a cure but there are treatments that try to help the patient to deal with that problem. For ex, a terminal illness or sexually transmitted disease. Now, the problems are not bigger or smaller than the others. They are different. That phrase has a certain truth and a certain lie.
I agree with you completely. The way I see depression, there are two major classifications; Situational Depression and Clinical Depression.

Reactions: theboy and betternever2havbeen
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
It's laughable (and offensive) that people think anyone encounters a problem and thinks "I know, I'll kill myself"...you have to be really in a bad place to consider suicide, where is the empathy? I mean if you're still a teenager and you hate your school and you have no friends, then yeh that is likely temporary. Or if you lost all your money on the stock market or gambled your life savings, and you don't wanna die but you don't see any other way out then I'd say that situation is temporary, money and things can be replaced. But that useless platitude "permanent solution to a temporary problem" doesn't apply to all or even most situations as to why people wanna CTB but it's become a thing the pro-lifers always trot out, as well as "suicide is selfish" or "it's a mental illness". All those things contradict each other as well which shows how clueless the pro-lifers are.

Reactions: blue_muse