• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I hope to share something more positive today. Maybe it is induced by manic symptoms but I don't know. It is also related to my life.

Personally I don't really want to commit suicide. I try to avoid that. I cannot imagine that I will succeed eventually but I improved on different levels. My life quality increased. And one reason for that was making small progress over a long time. Often only small steps but they accmulated. I analyzed my problems together with different therapists and developed plans. Areas where I could improve and find strategies to increase the likelihood of success. I think there was luck needed. However I really tried it over and over again. I failed quite often but I have not given up. So far I got rewarded for that.

I think one reason for that was I managed to make it from one day to the next. Just trying to survive and being fine of being a human being with weaknesses.
Especially when I am under major pressure and stress just making it through the day is the best I can do. I have extremely high expectation of myself. But I try to allow myself flaws and mistakes. It is very difficult for me - but my health is more important than my extreme restrictive superego.

I cannot imagine I can avoid suicide forever. But for now I tell me "you can still commit suicide in the future - the decision is not running away". The notion of being able to commit suicide is relieving because I am extremely scared about the future due to the fact how agonizing the past was. However I try to continue being productive. I still have suicidal thoughts daily but I try to avoid becoming acute suicidal. In some situation the thoughts are strong and the thoughts are inevitable. But currently or since months I am not planning to do it in the near future. It is rather an option in case my abuse and nightmare is haunting me once again. I can relate to the Lil Peep song Yesterday. Here is a quote. "Run away from the pain, yesterday is not today"

I am pretty scared to make a mistake and ruin all the progress. But even for that I try to tell me maybe I am just not in full control of the development and many things only develop by chance. I would not say everything is random. There were some critical points. Some of them where it could have went into a different direction. Personally I am scared about fatalism and determinism because of the potential of a self-fulfilling prophecy. This is why I even try things I don't evaluate as very promising. But life surprised me that I am able to attend college without an immediate relapse. I take that thankfully.

I think it is hard to determine my current progress. How much of it is substantial and whether it is real decisive change. I think only time can tell. I have this feeling about many periods in my life. I could only fully evaluate them retrospectively. There were some differences though. I was in manic or major-depressive episodes which influenced my thinking patterns a lot. I try to be self-conscious and I tend to over-analyzing. I try to get feedback of different people and how I am perceived by them. I don't have any weekly appointments anymore with my therapist so the responsibility lies on me. I still have monthly appointments with my support network but I have the feelings it is rather random in which mood I am at these day so the feedback is less reliable.

I am interested in critical junctures in my life. I try to detect them in my past. I am only layman but maybe i should read more on psychoanalysis. I think I already found some junctures in my life. For example this severe bullying event which caused my first paranoia and soon afterwards my first mixed-manic episode started. I spoke with many therapists and many gave me compliments for being so reflective. Sadly I don't rate my chances very high that I will be able to run away from my past forever - but so far I am postponing it successfully.

I ask myself how my life would have looked like if I jumped of that 7th floor building some years ago. My biggest concern would have been the damage. I read many horror stories on suicide attempts that caused longterm damage. Personally I am not that scared about pain (if it is shortterm). Though I did not know suicide attempts can cause PTSD. Knowing that is pretty scary for me. I don't want to scare anyone but I think it is not really new information to anyone here who reads it anyway.

I am not sure whether my attempts to recover will pay out also in longterm perspective. Or whether this is only a short moment of less pain which delays my full torturous demise. I am scared about naive hope. As most people I don't want to be a naive dreamer. But if that little hope keeps me going and enhances my current life quality why should I deny me that glimpse of hope.

So this is my mood for today.

Last edited:
Reactions: BornHated
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It sounds like you have been working hard to improve your life, and it's great to hear that you have made some progress. It's important to acknowledge your feelings and to be kind to yourself. Remember that making small steps and taking things day by day is a great way to move forward.

BornHated

BornHated

God may judge, but his sins outnumber your own.
Nov 19, 2022
This is very similar to how I'm taking it all, really. Sometimes it's just kind of whatever keeps it at bay for a while. I think the fearmongering of suicide comes in large part due to that whole FOMO, but ultimately, it's up to everyone to decide whether the deal they're getting is worth it or not. The energy to put up with some things may be way more expensive for me than it is for someone else.

I always felt I really didn't like the "deal" adult life was going to give me, but there's some stuff to hang on for until I experience it. I believe that letting go of that fear of death, the reticence to suicide, has been helping me make more of my moments on earth. Because having a few nice years left before I choose to go of my own volition feels a lot better to deal with than the shit sandwich I'd be digesting if I were to play all my cards _perfectly_ responsibly with the long-term consequences in mind, all for a mere chance of keeping myself comfortable enough in an old age I don't see as appealing nor is even guaranteed.

The future we imagine isn't guaranteed because we are not privy to what fate holds for every atom on earth and whatever butterfly effect it does. Sometimes I really do have to downgrade and think about my day the same way my dog would- without much anticipation for the future.