• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
A little paranoia goes a long way: Google is upping their game on suicide surveilance.

"...what's essential to being a good gatekeeper is agency—stepping forward and intervening if something's wrong." That's used in a limited context in this article, but how long will it be before the sentiment is expressed more strongly and more generally against us all?

Also, of course: "Public-health initiatives in Canada and the U.K. mine social-media data to predict suicide risk. Facebook uses AI to quickly flag live videos to police if algorithms detect self-harm or violence."

Anyone not already aware of and using DuckDuckGo as a replacement for Google would do well to check it out. And for those of the community here using Gmail, be very cautious what you put in your emails.

Reactions: AndroidAmongHumans, ithappens, Final Escape and 11 others
AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
I can't believe this is the surveillance world we live in...

• Aww..
Reactions: Final Escape, jake3d and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Thanks @TiredHorse for the heads up and yes, it looks like things are progressively getting more tight when it comes to society digging their heels even deeper in suicide prevention and anti-choice. I hope I won't be alive when the comes where the technology to read and/or predict thoughts and thought crimes (live) becomes a thing. That would be a ultra Orwellian world we live in (if this wasn't already bad enough).

Reactions: AndroidAmongHumans, ithappens, AnnaJaspers and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Removing the possibility of any human ever being capable of a private thought or action is necessary for the Singularity to become conscious as a larger organism. We are all just neurons in a larger organism. This has to happen. Our Panopticon is the inner eye through which the world will see Itself.

Glad I'll be dead soon. Soon, eternal life will be real and an obligation, not a choice.

Reactions: AnnaJaspers, Final Escape and rata1
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Soon, eternal life will be real and an obligation, not a choice.

Shuddering at the mere thought! Back in the day I thought vampires were sexy and cool. No, not the glitter ones. But how exhausting. I guess helping destroy humanity is fulfilling, but eternal existence on earth. Bleh.

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape, TiredHorse and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Shuddering at the mere thought! Back in the day I thought vampires were sexy and cool. No, not the glitter ones. But how exhausting. I guess helping destroy humanity is fulfilling, but eternal existence on earth. Bleh.
I think I would love immortality; freedom from fear of disease and death would make life very different.
Knowing I was going to outlive everybody would make society easier to deal with (sorry but it would).
Only in the sexy vampire way though. The digital immortality that is coming will be a dystopian nightmare on many levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidAmongHumans, Final Escape and Retched
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
I think I would love immortality; freedom from fear of disease and death would make life very different.
Knowing I was going to outlive everybody would make society easier to deal with (sorry but it would).
If I caught immortality now, it may be ok. But I would have preferred my 20s body.
A little paranoia goes a long way: Google is upping their game on suicide surveilance.

"...what's essential to being a good gatekeeper is agency—stepping forward and intervening if something's wrong." That's used in a limited context in this article, but how long will it be before the sentiment is expressed more strongly and more generally against us all?

Also, of course: "Public-health initiatives in Canada and the U.K. mine social-media data to predict suicide risk. Facebook uses AI to quickly flag live videos to police if algorithms detect self-harm or violence."

Anyone not already aware of and using DuckDuckGo as a replacement for Google would do well to check it out. And for those of the community here using Gmail, be very cautious what you put in your emails.
I wonder what someone would think of my browsing history last year with my obsession with ctb methods. Most done on google. Anymore, we have so little privacy, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
So it will get worse than that? This is the shit I daily see in Google searches. Does these bs hotlines ever helped anyone?

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-07-14-14-46-29.png
    Capture+_2019-07-14-14-46-29.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 15
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019

To quote our regretted @Bubble, "2019 stop the world I want off."

Either WW3 or George Orwell's 1984 are going to be a reality soon, and boy am I glad I won't live to see either.

Reactions: AnnaJaspers