• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

captive

May 31, 2023
title says it all. i have a ridiculously long usb cable, 3 meters long to be exact. it's thin, covered in some sturdy material thus doesn't stretch. it's problematic to tie any knots on this, but seems to be holding well when done. in theory everything should work, didn't really test it. i know, rope > cable, but the main advantage here is STEALTH. i saw a post some days ago where op can't just order a rope because of a privacy breaking roommate, like they will definitely know what purpose that rope will actually serve. but if you buy an usb instead? no one will even bat an eye on this. personally, i wanna try partial hanging with usb, my family kinda knows that i'm awfully depressed and a rope somewhere in my room will raise a variety of questions. what do you think?

• Hugs
Reactions: 90starve
nothingbutmybest

nothingbutmybest

Student
May 1, 2023
It does seem more stealthy but at the same time, a three meter cable. It's definitely easier to get away with but you'd have to buy a good cable since it's easy to tell when a rope can handle human weight but not necessarily a usb cable. So basically, I think it's a good idea but you'll have to make sure it can easily support your weight and then some

Reactions: 90starve
C

captive

May 31, 2023
well even for that length you can still make a valid excuse, a long usb cable can be used to reach an outlet which is too far, for charging the phone while lying on the bed for example. or you may need it to reach computer usb ports. so at home it's normal to have this anyway. for the strength part: it can hold around 20 kgs, overkill for partial hanging, but i'm really not sure if it can handle full suspension.
also you can just use an ordinary length usb cable if you have an anchor point slightly above you, like a wardrobe bar.

Last edited:
C

catharsis92

Jun 10, 2023
When i saw the title for a moment wish to be a robot.

Reactions: Wormfood and Sweet Tart
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
I definitely have a 3m or 5m ethernet cable lol

M

Marimari

Aug 13, 2022
If it's really thin then just loop it a couple times to make it thicker