• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Davey36000

Davey36000

Experienced
Jun 12, 2023
Mainstream religious answer = Meditate for 1.000.000 hours = attain Moksha/Enlightenment/Self-realization/Nirvana = Get out of the reincarnation cycle.

Reactions: sserafim
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
Hi, I have recently been getting worried about this. You see, I have read somewhere that reincarnation is possible and it's random. So if we were born once, it is possible we will be born again but under different circumstances. Now I'm fucking scared cuz I don't wanna reincarnate in some bum fuck nowhere and put myself in an even worse scenario than I am in now(if that's possible). Does anyone have any idea on whether any of it is true or is it complete bullshit?
Hello
I highly recommend that you read "Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkson (one of the most proeminent and relevant scientist of our era). After that you can rest in peace regarding this issue.

Reactions: sserafim and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Mainstream religious answer = Meditate for 1.000.000 hours = attain Moksha/Enlightenment/Self-realization/Nirvana = Get out of the reincarnation cycle.
Mainstream religious answer? Since when was Buddhism a mainstream religion?
Mainstream religious answer= You're going to either heaven or hell.

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Hi, I have recently been getting worried about this. You see, I have read somewhere that reincarnation is possible and it's random. So if we were born once, it is possible we will be born again but under different circumstances.
Don't worry about it. You won't be there when it happens.

Reactions: sserafim and Tears in Rain
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
From my spiritual understanding, if one offs themselves one will have to go through the same circumstances in the next life, to evolve. Whether or not this is true, I have no idea, some of it makes sense, some of it is bizarre

• Aww..
Reactions: lovedread and sserafim
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
From my spiritual understanding, if one offs themselves one will have to go through the same circumstances in the next life, to evolve. Whether or not this is true, I have no idea, some of it makes sense, some of it is bizarre
lol i dont believe that. So if someone has an illness thats untreatable lets say depression and they can barely get out of bed but they are perfectly physically healthy. They off themselves at 20 and come back and forced to live like that until their natural death at lets say 70-80? nah lol
praying it isnt north korea. PRAYING

T

Teslarossa

Jan 29, 2024
If reincarnation is real, I'd hope I'm still human. Or at least a cat if it means finally being touched.

• Love
Reactions: TiredOfAllThis and Linda
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
No I know, that's the part I have a problem with to

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I see no evidence for reincarnation or for any kind of afterlife. I think the concepts were basically just invented by people who like the idea of immortality. Thre is no reason whatever to suppose that either happens. So my advice would be to stop worrying about them. Make your decision on other grounds.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, Authentic13 and divinemistress36
Davey36000

Davey36000

Experienced
Jun 12, 2023
Mainstream religious answer? Since when was Buddhism a mainstream religion?
Mainstream religious answer= You're going to either heaven or hell.
It is still mainstream in Asia.

Also Buddhism is widely known because of all the dalai lama movies and stuff lol

Reactions: sserafim, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, Linda and 1 other person
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
You could come back as Kim Jong Un's son. You would go on to become Supreme Leader and be worshipped by the North Korean people!😆

• Yay!
Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb, divinemistress36 and Darkover
wisp

wisp

Oct 19, 2023
What dies, does not come out of the universe. You may not be reincarnated, but your energy will transform into something else, you can be part of a star, a plant, anything existing within the universe. We are energy, energy recycles, but you don't necessarily reincarnate

Reactions: sserafim and LifeIsCrazyNemb
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I think there is an afterlife. No clue how it might look but there s people, children remembering things from their previous lives, things nobody ever told them.
I m not so scared of being punished for suiciding. I m more afraid I will be alone again, suffering, trapped.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36
Angel of Spades

Angel of Spades

barely keeping it together
May 23, 2023
I think one of my favorite stories dealing with reincarnation is "The Egg". It's about this man who communicates with the universe after dying, and the universe/God tells him that he is about to be reborn as an Asian woman in the fields in the past. The entire premise of the story is that you are reborn as everyone else in the world, and the lesson is that we should treat everyone kindly, because everyone is us.

But I think it does answer your concerns well, too. The man doesn't remember his past, so he is a new person altogether when reincarnated. His life as the man in the start of the story is over. Everyone is different, and they lead different lives — even though it is one soul carrying out these tasks, it may as well be a trillion different souls for each person to ever exist because they simply don't remember anything from before. So, no, not in the classical sense. Sure maybe reincarnation exists in this form, but if you don't remember your past life, does it really count? If that's the case, your past life ended when you died in that lifetime, and that life is over and you'll be at peace. In this situation, your soul might as well be a completely fresh one for all that it sheds in memory, experience, and age.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and divinemistress36
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I think one of my favorite stories dealing with reincarnation is "The Egg". It's about this man who communicates with the universe after dying, and the universe/God tells him that he is about to be reborn as an Asian woman in the fields in the past. The entire premise of the story is that you are reborn as everyone else in the world, and the lesson is that we should treat everyone kindly, because everyone is us.

But I think it does answer your concerns well, too. The man doesn't remember his past, so he is a new person altogether when reincarnated. His life as the man in the start of the story is over. Everyone is different, and they lead different lives — even though it is one soul carrying out these tasks, it may as well be a trillion different souls for each person to ever exist because they simply don't remember anything from before. So, no, not in the classical sense. Sure maybe reincarnation exists in this form, but if you don't remember your past life, does it really count? If that's the case, your past life ended when you died in that lifetime, and that life is over and you'll be at peace. In this situation, your soul might as well be a completely fresh one for all that it sheds in memory, experience, and age.
North Korea souls sweating rn

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've seen that take before and if it's true, that just gives me even more reason to hate myself since I'm every evil person who ever lived or will live. Sure I'm also probably innocent in many of my lifetimes but I can confidently say that the amount of bad people who have ever existed vastly outnumbers the good therefore I am more evil than not.

P

pasho25000

Student
Jan 17, 2024
I've seen that take before and if it's true, that just gives me even more reason to hate myself since I'm every evil person who ever lived or will live. Sure I'm also probably innocent in many of my lifetimes but I can confidently say that the amount of bad people who have ever existed vastly outnumbers the good therefore I am more evil than not.
from what I understood from my two out of body experiences when I was younger or from the books that I read the soul or our soul is not in the judgment good and evil has no value because it is the human being who thinks in terms of good and evil our soul does not care in fact the soul comes to this earth by itulizing a body to be able to experience everything, all the facets of life since we are in a world of duality, the soul comes to experience what humans call good and evil, poverty, wealth, illness, both sexes, men and women, even homosexuality, victim, executioner, etc. to be able to grow once our soul has experienced all these things it will continue its evolution in more luminous dimensions therefore less in duality, that's in fact evolution apparently earth is a hard school for the soul let's say the most difficult, in other dimensions it's easier
ps
english is not my mother tongue be nice

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
from what I understood from my two out of body experiences when I was younger or from the books that I read the soul or our soul is not in the judgment good and evil has no value because it is the human being who thinks in terms of good and evil our soul does not care in fact the soul comes to this earth by itulizing a body to be able to experience everything, all the facets of life since we are in a world of duality, the soul comes to experience what humans call good and evil, poverty, wealth, illness, both sexes, men and women, even homosexuality, victim, executioner, etc. to be able to grow once our soul has experienced all these things it will continue its evolution in more luminous dimensions therefore less in duality, that's in fact evolution apparently earth is a hard school for the soul let's say the most difficult, in other dimensions it's easier
I must be the first human this soul ever occupied because that would explain why I have no idea what the hell I'm doing and I also don't think it matters that humans are the sole judges of humanity. It shouldn't be that hard to say something is objectively wrong just because the room for nuance exists. I also think maybe whatever is training us to reach this next stage is probably up to no good as well or maybe they're just incredibly sadistic otherwise why else would the vast majority of human experiences be utterly miserable and reliant on causing suffering to other beings?

Reactions: sserafim and Authentic13
P

pasho25000

Student
Jan 17, 2024
I must be the first human this soul ever occupied because that would explain why I have no idea what the hell I'm doing and I also don't think it matters that humans are the sole judges of humanity. It shouldn't be that hard to say something is objectively wrong just because the room for nuance exists. I also think maybe whatever is training us to reach this next stage is probably up to no good as well or maybe they're just incredibly sadistic otherwise why else would the vast majority of human experiences be utterly miserable and reliant on causing suffering to other beings?
when a young soul begins these first incarnations on earth it is very difficult to acclimate, it takes a little time in fact

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
A

Authentic13

Jan 26, 2024
I addressed this in another comment. You have always existed as far as we know - I mean the matter that creates you. Your consciousness, on the other hand, is nothing more than a state of existence generated by your body. You talk about "being" as if it were a thing that came into this world , but "conscience" is just a state of existence created by precise events in the universe.

I think your state of consciousness will not simply repeat itself because such precise events that gave rise to your consciousness are impossible to repeat:

-Firstly, your parents cannot give birth to you again.

- Second, once your neurons are dead, what makes your conscious will be fully destroyed. Soon your state will return to being inanimate, like a stone or any other object.

-Third, even if the universe found a way to re-made your brain exactly as it now, it would still not be "you" , it would be just another being with a conscious state similar to yours. Your being is long gone, because the precise events that gave rise to it cannot be repeated.
I absolutely share your perspective and the critical thinking that I believe it represents. Yet, it still amazes me how certain so many humans, as fallible and limited as we are, share thoughts as thoughts as though they are capable of fathoming the totality of the cosmos. I wonder where the certainty comes from? What makes any individual so certain that their conclusions are correct, given the incomplete information and context available to us?

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
when a young soul begins these first incarnations on earth it is very difficult to acclimate, it takes a little time in fact
All the more reason to get it over with now and move onto the next life as soon as we can I guess. I still have much contempt for the collective human soul so much so that I'll make sure to not do my part by learning absolutely nothing of value. In fact, I'll also do what I can to regress if that's even possible!

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
A

Authentic13

Jan 26, 2024
Ah, someone who doesn't claim to know all the answers. Refreshing. Any ideas about how we might alter the human experience? I think that our current trajectory doesn't bode well for individuals nor the species as a whole...but then, perhaps that is only a function of our cosmic trajectory? If we pay any attention at all to this material existence, we would note that all things that we know of come into and then pass out of material existence. Why should humans (individuals or the species) be different from the rest of material entities and species? Human hubris is fascinating!
All the more reason to get it over with now and move onto the next life as soon as we can I guess. I still have much contempt for the collective human soul so much so that I'll make sure to not do my part by learning absolutely nothing of value. In fact, I'll also do what I can to regress if that's even possible!
I'm working hard on my contempt Dr. Iron. The only way I am managing it is by thinking of how young the species might be in the cosmic scheme of things, and applying my thinking and feeling about little children to the species as a whole. I don't hold little children in contempt for their failure to understand things beyond their developmental levels, nor do I condemn them for things that might be considered unethical before they are cognitively and psycho-emotionally capable of processing ethics. I am very disappointed in our species' development though and that is just one of the reasons I'll be checking out. Too painful to watch and be a part of what appears to be the decline of the species in the domains that matter most to me: cognitive and psycho-emotional.
ps
english is not my mother tongue be nice
Interesting, my one "out of body experience" didn't corroborate the notion/concept of "soul," but it does corroborate the notion that good and evil as concepts are human constructions...like most abstract concepts we cling to.

Excellent question: "...but if you don't remember your past life, does it really count?"

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
N

nowwww

from void we came, to void we go
Jan 28, 2024
Personally, i do not believe in it. Even if it is, what difference will it make? You will not be having your current memory. Maybe you offed yourself in your previous life and got reincarnated again, who knows?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
A

Authentic13

Jan 26, 2024
I see no evidence for reincarnation or for any kind of afterlife. I think the concepts were basically just invented by people who like the idea of immortality. Thre is no reason whatever to suppose that either happens. So my advice would be to stop worrying about them. Make your decision on other grounds.
Yes, I've suspected and said for many years that the human ego can't tolerate the idea of not existing, and we have created an afterlife as a means of holding onto the notion that we persist beyond death. We seem to have so many fears that dominate our existence, and I believe the fear of death/non-existence (which I believe is hardwired) is as high up on the fears list as any other.
Personally, i do not believe in it. Even if it is, what difference will it make? You will not be having your current memory. Maybe you offed yourself in your previous life and got reincarnated again, who knows?
Who knows indeed!
It's absolute bullshit. It's also the only truth in this world.

When you go looking for answers from other people, you are putting your faith in them, not their answers. There is a difference between someone preaching "this is God, this is how you worship God, this is how to be a good follower" and experiencing God for yourself. My guru teaches that you should never trust someone else's experience for your own, find the truth yourself.

We wish you peace. Be well on your journey.
I'm curious. Are you putting your faith in your guru and their experience, or is your guru merely guiding you in your own search for truth? Wishing you peace on your journey as well. 🙏
its proves nothing. Not everything that happened once will happen again nor possibly will. Your point is a logical fallacy. Many things only happen once. "We" are one example. It is impossible to see more than one of us in the universe, because even if someone very similar born, that person still won't be you.
Many things? I'm wondering if everything happens just once? Is anything identical at one point in space and time as it was in another? I suspect that every moment is a "once in an existence" type thing, regardless of how similar something may seem.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiredOfAllThis
P

pasho25000

Student
Jan 17, 2024
a soul can never progress if it could remember that it killed or raped someone in another life we have all behaved badly in another existence when you behaved badly in one life your soul asks to experience what you made someone live, it's your soul that asks for this to see what it feels like to have made someone suffer, the fact of experiencing it yourself, she understands to have compassion and no longer wants to do it again when we leave our body we find our soul which is without judgment or in emotion we have a completely different vision

Reactions: withouthope and sserafim
N

nowwww

from void we came, to void we go
Jan 28, 2024
a soul can never progress if it could remember that it killed or raped someone in another life we have all behaved badly in another existence when you behaved badly in one life your soul asks to experience what you made someone live, it's your soul that asks for this to see what it feels like to have made someone suffer, the fact of experiencing it yourself, she understands to have compassion and no longer wants to do it again when we leave our body we find our soul which is without judgment or in emotion we have a completely different vision
Sorry, can't agree to that. I do not believe in existence of soul or afterlife.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I am okay with the idea of reincarnation. If it does happen, it's probably not random, but there is a long lasting soul to hold episodes of life together. But I don't know what the purpose of all this is. If there is such a powerful force with overwhelming power, technology and knowledge of everything, why does it need little earthly lives?

Shar

Shar

Specialist
Nov 23, 2023
I absolutely share your perspective and the critical thinking that I believe it represents. Yet, it still amazes me how certain so many humans, as fallible and limited as we are, share thoughts as thoughts as though they are capable of fathoming the totality of the cosmos. I wonder where the certainty comes from? What makes any individual so certain that their conclusions are correct, given the incomplete information and context available to us?
I'm not sure of anything, my conclusions are based on what I've already read and observed. Perhaps consciousness is a transmutable energy? idk, but I think there is much more evidence that proves that it is just a state made by our brain instead of energy that will pass from being to being forever.

Reactions: Authentic13 and divinemistress36