• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
How likely is it to be successful in life with autism? Because im autistic. Yes i know there are some extremely successful autists, or rather aspergers, but how likely is that? Very unlikely, right? Especially if you have more problems than just autism. Or is autism not a good enough reason to ctb, hat do you think?

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm not going to judge anyone's reason, so I'm not touching that question. But I don't think being autistic means you can't be successful or have a good life or do great things. I think it probably takes more work, but there are far worse things in the world. I think the main thing holding anyone back is their own mindset. If you do nothing but tell yourself you can't do something because of x-reason, it's like a self fulfilling prophecy.

One of my very favorite comic creators "came out" as autistic a few years ago, and he's amazingly talented and pretty successful.

Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I'm not going to judge anyone's reason, so I'm not touching that question. But I don't think being autistic means you can't be successful or have a good life or do great things. I think it probably takes more work, but there are far worse things in the world. I think the main thing holding anyone back is their own mindset. If you do nothing but tell yourself you can't do something because of x-reason, it's like a self fulfilling prophecy.

One of my very favorite comic creators "came out" as autistic a few years ago, and he's amazingly talented and pretty successful.

The thing is im not just autistic.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Everyone has challenges. A lot of people manage to do awesome things despite them. It's not a given.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
How likely is it to be successful in life with autism? Because im autistic. Yes i know there are some extremely successful autists, or rather aspergers, but how likely is that? Very unlikely, right? Especially if you have more problems than just autism. Or is autism not a good enough reason to ctb, hat do you think?
Baskol1, you have all the makings of a great success story--regardless of any diagnosis.

K75, if you don't mind, are you referring to Dan Harmon? If so, I'm a big fan as well. "Community" damn near saved my hide.

If you're talking about another comic creator, I apologize.

Reactions: k75 and Baskol1
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
K75, if you don't mind, are you referring to Dan Harmon? If so, I'm a big fan as well. "Community" damn near saved my hide.

If you're talking about another comic creator, I apologize.
David Mack, actually (comic books). But now that you mention it, Dan Harmon is a perfect example! I'm also a huge fan.

A lot of creative people seem to be on the autism spectrum, don't they?

RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
what means success for you?

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
David Mack, actually (comic books). But now that you mention it, Dan Harmon is a perfect example! I'm also a huge fan.

A lot of creative people seem to be on the autism spectrum, don't they?
Im sorry. Even though you referred to one of your favorite "comic" creators, I still steamrolled ahead thinking of my favorite COMEDY creators. Thanks for your gracious reply. I was happy to hear about another person on the spectrum who is famous.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I don't know what autism is about. I'm too lazy to discover more, and no one bothered giving me a meaningful explanation of what autism represents, which I find amusing, because I associate autism with high degree of reasonableness. Anyway, quick judgement: autists are very reason-reliant and require high cognitive capacity to thrive in life, they are commonly referred to as high-functional autists. To process stuff and navigate through day-to-day life. Most of them (us?) weren't granted with winning cards, but when they do -- the results are astonishing. I believe that success (however you have defined it) requires things we have no independent control of, aka a given, a granted.

How likely? How do we predict anything? Spot patterns, links and connections, I guess, and make predictions based on them, which again requires brainwork...
What are the major influential contributors? That you have to define for yourself. Research articles on the link between autism and things you want/don't want; personal interests; how well-constructed your body is; suchlike. I'm convinced it is not worth for me to make a living with the instruments I was granted, so what I do is play Skyrim and watch comedies most of the day, while also plot against my primal brain by devising a relatively easy, effortless, painless method. But of course our circumstances are different. You ask a lot of questions while I'm not, for example.