• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Spirometry measures problems with your lungs whether it is obstructive, restrictive, or a combination of the two:
  • obstructive airways disease – the ability to breathe out quickly is affected by narrowing of the airways, but the amount of air you can hold in your lungs is normal (such as in asthma or COPD)
  • restrictive lung disease – the amount of air breathed in is reduced because your lungs are unable to fully expand (such as in pulmonary fibrosis)
Though no formal research has been conducted with the above associated with the Exit Bag (due to ethical concerns), IMO it is best to avoid the exit bag method if you have any of the above breathing illnesses.

R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
Spirometry measures problems with your lungs whether it is obstructive, restrictive, or a combination of the two:
  • obstructive airways disease – the ability to breathe out quickly is affected by narrowing of the airways, but the amount of air you can hold in your lungs is normal (such as in asthma or COPD)
  • restrictive lung disease – the amount of air breathed in is reduced because your lungs are unable to fully expand (such as in pulmonary fibrosis)
Though no formal research has been conducted with the above associated with the Exit Bag (due to ethical concerns), IMO it is best to avoid the exit bag method if you have any of the above breathing illnesses.

I have not been formally diagnosed with those, but I do have shortness of breath. I think mostly caused by anxiety and lack of vigorous activity.

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
What did your doctor say about the results from your spirometry? If you feel more comfortable discussing it privately, please feel free to PM me.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I am sure you can find reference tables on the Net to see how your condition compares to the rest of the population. Try it a couple of times and average the results to get a good measure.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
I am sure you can find reference tables on the Net to see how your condition compares to the rest of the population. Try it a couple of times and average the results to get a good measure.

I seem to be right on the borderline between good and bad. That's why I was wondering what a score that would be OK to use the exit bag would be.

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
If you are borderline then you are okay; however if severe, then I would suggest no. Honestly, I do not think anyone would have that "score" for you.

R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
If you are borderline then you are okay; however if severe, then I would suggest no. Honestly, I do not think anyone would have that "score" for you.

I think the PPH should have given it. It said to do the test. It would have been good if it gave acceptable scores or percentiles.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I think the PPH should have given it. It said to do the test. It would have been good if it gave acceptable scores or percentiles.
There is a possibility that they simply do not know.

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020

Hi, what is "IMO" ? :-) Thanks in advance