Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Sometimes I want things to be over entirely, but sometimes I just want to be someone else completely. New name, new face, new everything. No one needs to know about the miserable person that I was. I want to leave the people I know now and become someone else that could be better. I'm tired of being me. I hate being stuck between wanting it to be overwith but wanting to start anew.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Sylveon, Al_stargate and 17 others
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Hell no, I'd find a new and exciting way to fuck everything up 😂. I don't see a point to starting over, it's the fundamental experience of inhabiting a human body with thoughts and feelings I take issue with. But I understand wanting that, I think it's quite common actually.

Reactions: natali4, nikaido and spacehardware

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Hell no, I'd find a new and exciting way to fuck everything up 😂. I don't see a point to starting over, it's the fundamental experience of inhabiting a human body with thoughts and feelings I take issue with. But I understand wanting that, I think it's quite common actually.
I get your perspective too! I like how our perspective contrast like an all-or-nothing. It's kind of funny.

E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
When I think of my life and how fucked up it turned out to be, I realize that very little was in my countrol, and that gives me some sort of confort, I wasn't to blaim. If I get a second shoot at it, would the circunstances be different? Cuz if no, there would be no point, but idk, I'm starting to feel like one round was enough, I believe finally I'm making peace with the fact that I'll CTB soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and .............
y0dha

y0dha

Student
Feb 10, 2022
I'd love if reincarnation would be real. Would mean that you'll always have more chance. But I don't think it exist sadly :/

Reactions: ineedrope, Journeytoletgo and Umbrella Weather
spacehardware

spacehardware

Unsubscribing soon
Feb 21, 2022
I get this feeling a lot, I've thought about leaving my life, my job etc, moving across the country or abroad and "starting again". Then I think about how much energy that would require, building a whole foundation from scratch. I am so beaten down and hopeless that all that effort sounds near on impossible, I don't think I have enough fight left in me for all that. And like Oblivion said, even if I did manage all that, I'd more than likely just fuck it all up again.

• Hugs
Reactions: downndone2, Élégie, onlyanimalsaregood and 2 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I've started over enough times, I think. This is my last go around.

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
I'd love if reincarnation would be real. Would mean that you'll always have more chance. But I don't think it exist sadly :/
Exactly how I feel.

I get this feeling a lot, I've thought about leaving my life, my job etc, moving across the country or abroad and "starting again". Then I think about how much energy that would require, building a whole foundation from scratch. I am so beaten down and hopeless that all that effort sounds near on impossible, I don't think I have enough fight left in me for all that. And like Oblivion said, even if I did manage all that, I'd more than likely just fuck it all up again.
I hope things get better for you, really.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Umbrella Weather

Umbrella Weather

Catastrophe Merchant
Mar 7, 2022
I have long felt a desire to try again, to do everything differently, to give myself another chance—to not have it end like this. I thought that I would begin again in high school and do what was needed to get into college. Study something which I loved and find a career which was fulfilling, inspiring, and worthwhile for the world. Have friends, a family, a home—find stability and peace while remaining punk rock and melancholic.

However, about six years ago, I was reading a zine by one of my favorites in which she was examining the same type of frustrations (she and I are of a similar age)—she, too, felt a desire to do it all over again, try harder, figure it out. Though she came to a conclusion which took my breath away: She realized that if she could go back and do what was needed to go to school, et-cetera, she wouldn't have survived—had she done anything differently she wouldn't have survived. It is precisely because we are unable to cope with and function within the limitations of our worlds that has lead us to where we are—simply and desperately trying to survive however we can… And, in my case, eventually running out of ideas for how to do so.

Doing it all over again would change nothing. In order for things to be different we would have to abandon ourselves completely—which is part of the reason why reincarnation is a compelling idea: It is essentially shaking the dice cup of existences and rolling a different self.

Though I certainly do relate to and commiserate with the desire to start all of this over from the beginning :)

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes that is in my plans. To quit all medication I'm taking, cause my work field doesn't allow any of the substances I'm taking now. That's why I lost my job.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case, I do not want to start over, I just want to not exist. I do not want to have to experience anything ever again, life is just a pointless struggle that we go through for the sake of it, life does not interest me and I personally see no point to living. It is understandable wanting to start again when you have had enough of the life you are living, I'm sorry that you are suffering and I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest
tfht98

tfht98

Apr 11, 2022
Sometimes I want things to be over entirely, but sometimes I just want to be someone else completely. New name, new face, new everything. No one needs to know about the miserable person that I was. I want to leave the people I know now and become someone else that could be better. I'm tired of being me. I hate being stuck between wanting it to be overwith but wanting to start anew.
I feel you!

Sadboyspecimen

Sadboyspecimen

Feb 8, 2022
Yes. I wish I could start over. I few times in my life I have been able to start over. Or at least the closest thing to starting over without actually starting over. But I have always found a way to mess things up. You can ditch your old job and your friends. You can ditch your family too. Pretend all of the bad memories were just bad dreams. But you can't run away from yourself. I couldn't runaway from the fact that I'm so dumb and naive. That shit follows me around and gets me into all kinds of trouble.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and waitingforrest
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I wish, but I know I will probably just end up in the same spot.

fatefulstillness

fatefulstillness

ghost.
Oct 24, 2021
I don't want to start over, but often times I wish some things never happened.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Yes. I wish I can startover with the knowledge and experience I have now.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Shu
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Yes. I was dealt a very good hand and played it very badly. I want to fold and start a new game.

• Hugs
Reactions: downndone2, Chiisai and Hollowman
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Yes 😥

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
No. Honestly I wouldn't. I'm way too jaded, bitter and tired to want another go around on this material plane. Life could've been way better for sure, had I been 'not me', but in my view it remains a predicament however 'fortunate' you are. Essentially we are all born with a death sentence hanging over our heads. The more successful and well adjusted simply manage to ignore that fact. The amount of ways a human body can turn against its 'owner' is pretty much infinite. To me life is simply an unfunny joke at our expense.

Reactions: natali4 and Élégie
Q-Dust

Q-Dust

Am literally a rhododendron
Jun 9, 2019
I feel like if I started over I'd just fuck up again, Every failure thinks they know what to do if they were just given another chance, But the truth is that if you failed once it just means you know how to fail, It doesn't suddenly enlighten you just from failing

D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I completely fucked up an amazing life and have felt like I've been in hell for several yrs, I'd give anything to find a genie in a bottle or time machine.
I hate everything about me
I've considered moving but I never leave the house hardly at all, so that is a big obstacle. My health is poor and the packing, fixing before I can sell, etc seems impossible.
I feel like i just want this life to be over with and then i see my dogs faces. It is excruciating and such a fight in my broken soul
Hoping something miraculous happens soon to change my world for the better

Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I've wished I could've been born as another person since I was a child, I've always hated who I am and my inability to be a normal person, to socialize normally with others, to not think too much about certain things, to not be consumed so deeply by certain emotions, to be phisically average. I remember that when I was in tough situations, I always wanted to escape and go somewhere else, start my own life, be in control of it, to disappear from the lives of everyone who ever knew me and begin once again as a new person.

It's something I still think to this day quite often, but I doubt I could ever do it, I'm barely capable of taking care of myself without falling deep into insanity. I hate it, I feel like a baby, but I don't know what to do cause every step I take to be independent feels so insignificant; not to mention, it'd be hard for me to dettach from certain things to restart my own life, simply because of how meaningful they've been. I feel so hopeless, so useless.​

okaoki

okaoki

last
Aug 4, 2018
only way to do it is wipe all my memories and sent me away from this place to start over .sadly its no possible.

karasu

karasu

ダメ人間
Apr 6, 2022
I've thought a lot about how I've regretted past decisions and actions I've made and how things could've been if I did something different, and even if I was a different person all together. Sometimes, I really wished I was someone else. But ultimately, I think what I really want is to not have to live this life or even start over at all. I just don't want to exist and do it all over again, knowing how much I've come to despise how society is all around me. There's no guarantee that I won't end up feeling the same way or end up just like I am now even if I was different. I think I'm just tired of it all.

• Aww..
Reactions: WanderingWater and onlyanimalsaregood
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
All the time.

savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
genuinely every minute of every day

Reactions: Al_stargate and onlyanimalsaregood
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I actually like myself, I would prefer living with my identity, just fixed body. If not on this world then on another plane for a while until I die. If that's not possible then reincarnation in human form. I feel like I played it well in life but just one bad event and it all got fucked up.

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
If i could erase all my painful memories, traumas and sadness , i would. Sometimes i wish i was normal and i could start new, however its impossible. I am damaged i am fucked already