• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Not sure how useful anyone else will find this but, hey just thought I'd throw it out there. Just in case.

Something that has helped me a lot, when it comes to recovery from self harm is letting go of the idea that having a relapse means that all progress is lost.

It's important not to fall into the "Oh, well, I fucked it up might as well just stop trying all together" mindset.

Time spent recovering really does matter.

Cutting yourself once per day and cutting yourself once every few months are two very different things, y'know?

The same way binging on junk food every day vs only doing it on holidays is two different things.

Both are unhealthy but one is less so. If that makes sense.

Sometimes moderation is the best you can do. And that's okay.

alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
I've been trying to learn this. I give up on habits the moment I break them.

Thanks for the reminder and good luck with your progress moving forward~

Reactions: Anonymoususer1234
flyingrabbitt

flyingrabbitt

Jun 28, 2023
Another thing is that harm reduction is better than nothing if you feel like you have to do it. Learning how to care for injuries properly and using clean tools is going to help a ton compared to not caring for them properly and using old, rusty tools.

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Another thing is that harm reduction is better than nothing if you feel like you have to do it. Learning how to care for injuries properly and using clean tools is going to help a ton compared to not caring for them properly and using old, rusty tools.
100%. Don't want to get an infection.