Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I think we all have different capacities for coping. And thinking about how much worse things can get is one reason for me to CTB. Perhaps if I knew everyone else was happy and doing well, rainbows and lollipops, the world wouldn't be so depressing as to want to finish my life. I chose not to bring more life into this world as is.

Some people live in a world where everything is wonderful, but these people are mostly very wealthy, and want nothing to do with the plebs. But evn many wealthy people know suffering. Only those wo completely isolate themselves, and are always healthy dont know suffering.

Last edited:
Reactions: HGL91 and shelledone
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Ah yes, I hate that cliche statement too. It is a way of non-suicidal and anti-suicide people to deflect and dismiss (as well as making light of) someone's problems by invalidating or making insignificant of. I often get irked by that, but ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide whether or not they are willing to stomach such ordeals. I don't believe anyone has the right to make the determination for said individuals and while it may be true that someone else in the world is in a worse predicament, it doesn't mean that your predicament is any better or any less valid.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Ah yes, I hate that cliche statement too. It is a way of non-suicidal and anti-suicide people to deflect and dismiss (as well as making light of) someone's problems by invalidating or making insignificant of. I often get irked by that, but ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide whether or not they are willing to stomach such ordeals. I don't believe anyone has the right to make the determination for said individuals and while it may be true that someone else in the world is in a worse predicament, it doesn't mean that your predicament is any better or any less valid.

And what if the person who has it worse wants to die too?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, HGL91 and Vegrau
Marz

Marz

À PEU PRÈS
Aug 3, 2018
I agree so much. my life has been rather unfortunate. I have lived through a huge economical crisis and famine. My childhood wasn't that easy either. And still, I've had people, mostly my abusive father and the rest of my family tell me, you didn't have it as bad. Sure. I didn't grow up on wretched poverty as my father and aunts, but I grew up witnessing domestic violence and with emotional abuse/neglect that eventually progressed into physical abuse. I had traumatic experiences all my life, especially when my father started abusing me. When my country fell into crisis and we had nothing to eat and barely water and no electricity. When I attempted at 13 because my father made it so bad for me I was terrified of him and wanted to leave, to die. I fucking went through hell.
But since I managed to leave the country, even then, I'm called worthless. That others still had it worse and that I should be grateful I survived and have possibilities in a different country. Well, guess what? I still want to fucking die. The scars and trauma doesn't just disappear because I can eat now. It stays. It fucking stays and never leaves.
And that eats me alive. That guilt. But I rather die than carry it anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, OnlyMercy and Baskol1
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Yeah, people say that phrase and I think, "yeah, if it could happen to that person, it could happen to me eventually."

Look at Lori Loughlin, the actress from Full House. She had an amazing life with a husband, kids, lots of money, a glamorous career, and because of one VERY big mistake, she could be looking at 40 years in prison!! Orrrrr Bill Cosby. Had a very successful career and now everyone knows he was a serial rapist, he's blind, old and in prison.