SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
I had to deal with SA until I was in High School. You know, always second guessing, never using your full voice when talking to people, feeling inferior. It's been a slow progression, but I've found that the best way to connect with people is to just tell the naked truth. If there's something you're expected to say to someone, but you're feeling something else, say it. Most people will understand and will probably acknowledge it and have something nice to say.

• Love
Reactions: Sinai Silence
Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
I cannot talk on the phone! My biggest phobia. I avoid it to an extreme. I've continued to make payments on things I no longer use because calling to cancel makes me so anxious.

I know what you're talkin' about. I never answer the phone when it rings (unless it's my mom or dad calling). Sometimes I have to make calls at work, and this is so overwhelming for me, especially when there are people around. And when you say you've continued to make payments on things you no longer use... I can totally relate to that too. I dropped out of college but I have an entire student loan to pay just because I felt too much anxious to cancel it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sinkinshyp and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I know what you're talkin' about. I never answer the phone when it rings (unless it's my mom or dad calling). Sometimes I have to make calls at work, and this is so overwhelming for me, especially when there are people around. And when you say you've continued to make payments on things you no longer use... I can totally relate to that too. I dropped out of college but I have an entire student loan to pay just because I felt too much anxious to cancel it.

Same boat

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I also have a very bad social anxiety and I understand you. I'm sorry about your disease. I would also like to add that I know a little bit about psychology and I can say your psychologist is a f******g sh*t. You should change them as soon as possible.

SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
I never realized where my anxiety came from until the world slowly opened back up. I got entirely too use to the isolation. I would go into places and felt nervous just talking to people it was unreal. It's like I forgot how to communicate and interact with other people. I will say I'm getting better at interaction again. Not really sure what happened. I don't know if I was so stressed out in my personal life that when I would interact I wouldn't be focused on the moment.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Over the years I've had a lower and lower opinion of people in general, having realized how shallow, dumb, greedy, perverted and a host of other bad attributes most people have. So as that has happened I've found I don't care as much how I'm regarded and in turn do not have social anxiety as much as I used to. I'm not intimidated or impressed with anyone now.

• Love
Reactions: demuic