Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
This is downright tragic. I know this is meaningless and trite but I'm sorry this had to happen to you and your family. Nobody including your children should blame you for wanting to avoid a long, drawn-out, torturous death via a disease from hell like ALS. I'm sure you're wise enough to pick the right time.

Impossible situations like this are a big part of why I'm a philosophical pessimist: very bad things happen to good people and the degree of pure nastiness that can be reached in life is almost limitless. Hell manifests on earth through hopeless situations like yours.

Perhaps it can be useful to keep in mind you're making the wisest decision under the circumstances and you'd be no good to your children as a vegetable. One you're gone you'll be forever free of pain and discomfort including the, very understandable, concerns you have right now.

Your husband and kids will manage. Do try to write as much as possible if you can to let them know you were thinking about them the whole time and how much you love them. Which is evident from your post, even to a total stranger.

Thank you for your kind words.

Reactions: color_me_gone, oopswronglife and Baskol1
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Thank you for your kind words.

I wish I could do more. Peace be unto you and your family. I'm glad a peaceful, dignified method is available to you. Whoever would want to withhold that from you, regardless of whatever convictions one may hold, is a piece of shit that deserves to experience what you're going through.

Be very careful about sharing anything CTB-related outside of the anonymity of this forum. We know full well what society thinks about the individual's right to die, even in dire situations such as yours. Especially in cases such as yours euthanasia should be a legal option as it is in a few more civilized nations. At least in that respect.

Reactions: Blackjack, color_me_gone and CURSED again
Mud.

Mud.

Arcanist
Oct 27, 2018
Truly heartbreaking.
I don't have children but I can imagine what a devastating situation you're in.
I can only wish you strength and peace.

Reactions: Blackjack and CURSED again