• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

noon

noon

tired
Sep 14, 2019
So this is my first thread, hello! I wanted to vent here a couple times, but I either felt a bit better after the thought of knowing I have a place to go or just ended up being too shy to. Working on that!

ANyways, the past 2 weeks have been spent either on a computer or bed and the past 2 days have been spent just in bed. I've been forcing myself to enjoy things: gaming, talking to friends, etc. but it's not working anymore and I'm not enjoying anything. Even breathing is just so frustrating because one of my nostrils keep blocking up and I dunno, I'm more easily annoyed nowadays. I hate myself.

The people I live with see me getting progressively worse and are calling a psychiatrist tomorrow to set me up with. I've never went to or talked with anyone like this before, like professionally. The closest I've been in that experience was when I was 16-17 talking to my school counselor and lying about being suicidal. So all I know is how to lie about that stuff so I'm not sent to a psych ward or something. And in my specific state, they just LOVE putting and keeping people in hospitals, shoving pills down people's throats, all that jazz.

What should I expect from a psychiatrist? Because I genuinely feel like it'll just be a waste of time and I'll still want to ctb... trying to keep an open mind, but after I read all the negative experience a lot of you guys have had with therapists and such... I don't need another person in my life that's just going to tell me "you're depressed because you don't exercise often!" or "you're depressed because you play video games!" I'm losing it

Futility

Futility

Student
Aug 13, 2019
It certainly depends on the psychiatrist.
But I can tell you a few red flags that have happened to me in the past:

You walk out with a diagnosis within the first visit, especially if you're slapped with something that should take months, like BPD. Then they have no idea what they're doing.

If they diagnose you with anorexia nervosa when you're simply just anorexic because of other factors in your life, there's a big difference between an eating disorder and unfortunate circumstances.

When they talk to you, pay attention to whether or not they're making notes, how many times you have to remind them of something and how often they check their watch.
If they ask you to try a psych med anytime there's about 10-20 minutes left on the clock, they're most likely a sponsor doctor and just want to get paid.

If they bring in religious values when you do not welcome it, it can derail you. The same goes for personal opinions.

If they try sell you essential oils from a multilevel marketing company, find another psychiatrist and report them.

If they try to coerce you into taking anything you're uncomfortable with, they're supposed to work with you, you control the speed, not them.

I'll come back and add more, I can't remember anything else off the top of my head right now.

- You have the right to change psychiatrists as much as you need until you find one that has clicked with you.

Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
I'm so pitiful I jerk off to my psychiatrist, given she is attractive. What I'm trying to say in a gross manner, is you can become extremely dependent, or attached to your shrink.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I'm so pitiful I jerk off to my psychiatrist, given she is attractive. What I'm trying to say in a gross manner, is you can become extremely dependent, or attached to your shrink.

I wished I had a Dr. Melfi (The Sopranos) as a shrink. Better yet, never having went to one at all!

Reactions: Tom9999