• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
From Cody111 'Without scaring anyone off. Im questioning the validity of no side effects if survival. The mechanism in which SN is use for ctb is by stopping blood from carrying oxygen, from what ive read your body would be able to completely convert all the methemoglobinemia back to hemoglobin within 2 hours assuming normal cell function and no rescue and a dose low enough for survival. This means significant shortage of oxygen in the body for prolonged period of time. Surely brain damage from this is a posibility.'

Me '@Lara Francis,

My worries as well.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-killing-feral-pig-trials.5100/#post-79859 I'll post this in the sn megathread.'

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-killing-feral-pig-trials.5100/#post-79859

'Pigs severely lack the enzyme we possess to break down the SN so as to minimise Methb and as such SN is much more lethal and peaceful to them.'

Note, different species, rats : https://www.researchgate.net/figure...lved-in-an-independent-welfare_fig2_269219699 130-180mg/kg. For a 60 kg human that would be an LD50 of 11 gr.
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._a_new_tool_for_feral_pig_management/download PDF ! 90mg/kg, so for a 60 kg human that would be 5.4 gr.

That's LD50, not LD100.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-is-a-social-club.2656/#post-37031 (#20 #21, the latter mentions 200mg/kg which is 12 gr for a 60 kg human)

Nitschke has been increasing the recommended dose of SN from 5 gr to 15 gr in his successive books. Fail and sell more ?

Humans are not pigs. It's understandable one wants to believe in a method, but that's not what this thread is for. As far as I know, Nitschke has been the only to 'promote' SN and even that is relatively recent (check editions of ppeh over the years). I did not see the method in any books of the 1990s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rdc, Redt2go, Tristesse and 12 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I'm personally too afraid to go by SN. Unlike our dream liquid Nembutal, Sodium Nitrite is not a sedative. My biggest fear is suffering. Even if it's quick it may be more severe for me because I have a higher than average panic response. I still want to research this method more Incase I completely run out of any hope of other options.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Rdc, TimeToBiteTheDust and 14 others
O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
I'm personally too afraid to go by SN. Unlike our dream liquid Nembutal, Sodium Nitrite is not a sedative. My biggest fear is suffering. Even if it's quick it may be more severe for me because I have a higher than average panic response. I still want to research this method more Incase I completely run out of any hope of other options.

same, one too many reports of people calling the hospital after taking SN because of the pain...

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Saed, Tristesse and 10 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
same, one too many reports of people calling the hospital after taking SN because of the pain...
It's suppose to be a 7/10 on the peaceful scale. Seems a little high for something that can cause so much pain. Maybe it depends on the person but I don't wanna risk it. They say you get a headache....well how severe? A normal headache? Or a thunderclap miagrine were you are screaming bloody murder? Who's to say we would pass out before the convulsions start? Plus the rapid heart rate sounds scarey as fuck. Especially knowing what's causing it.

Reactions: Saed, Tristesse, rabid_squirrel and 5 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
One person did successfully, and apparently peacefully, ctb with the SN method from this forum.

Personally, l have my doubts on SN, and am not always convinced by Nitschke, but there clearly have been cases of it being a success, so each to their own - although for literally every method there is, there also appears to be a long-read from Arak with poorly presented evidence of its failings, Dignitas included, so it's probably wise to do your own research rather than be completely dissuaded by this thread.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, woxihuanni, Élégie and 15 others
TentRetreat

TentRetreat

Nov 11, 2018
I'm quite sceptical about nitrite, Nitschke rates Cyanide as a 5/10 on his peaceful scale when most other accounts rate it as a shockingly painful experience, where in reality it's akin to drinking bleach.

Given that and a lack of accounts of success with this method I can only assume that it's not as reliable nor peaceful as it's made out to be, and in terms of success there's not enough accounts to know if it's all that reliable. It's experimental usage as hog poison seems to be the most information we really have on SN, you'd think that there would at least be a few news articles about suicides via nitrite given it's availability and huge interest it's received both here and on 8Chan. Looking into Azide there's at least a few stories about suicides but none on Nitrite why is that I wonder the most?

I'd love to be proven wrong, one account from PPH in a scenario we don't know allot about the circumstances that did result in an apparent peaceful death is not enough. Especially considering that PPH's research is likely focused on those who are already vulnerable.

I'd really like to be proven wrong here, because ingesting something seems to be at least for me ideal.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Rdc, Tristesse and 9 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I'm quite sceptical about nitrite, Nitschke rates Cyanide as a 5/10 on his peaceful scale when most other accounts rate it as a shockingly painful experience, where in reality it's akin to drinking bleach.

Given that and a lack of accounts of success with this method I can only assume that it's not as reliable nor peaceful as it's made out to be, and in terms of success there's not enough accounts to know if it's all that reliable. It's experimental usage as hog poison seems to be the most information we really have on SN, you'd think that there would at least be a few news articles about suicides via nitrite given it's availability and huge interest it's received both here and on 8Chan. Looking into Azide there's at least a few stories about suicides but none on Nitrite why is that I wonder the most?

I'd love to be proven wrong, one account from PPH in a scenario we don't know allot about the circumstances that did result in an apparent peaceful death is not enough. Especially considering that PPH's research is likely focused on those who are already vulnerable.

I'd really like to be proven wrong here, because ingesting something seems to be at least for me ideal.
Azide is a 6 on the peacefulness scale but harder to obtain. Also people can be rescued from SN. Same can't be said for SA.

Reactions: Tristesse, rabid_squirrel, Deafsn0w and 3 others
TentRetreat

TentRetreat

Nov 11, 2018
Azide is a 6 on the peacefulness scale but harder to obtain. Also people can be rescued from SN. Same can't be said for SA.

My point exactly in terms of Cyanide, if we were to take it as a 1:1 ratio with say that of the lost all hopes numbers your looking at an agony scale of 30 for Nitrite. I know that's not how maths works it's possible that you can't really put a number on any of this stuff as such suffering for potentially 2-3 hours (from the feral pigs examples) sounds pretty nuts to me.

Reactions: dras23, About_to_Go, rabid_squirrel and 5 others
TentRetreat

TentRetreat

Nov 11, 2018
I'm considering it i'm just quite sceptical given the lack of reporting / reports in general on Nitrite.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, throwaway777, About_to_Go and 6 others
L

Lifeisatrap

Arcanist
Oct 5, 2018
I feel the same. Unfortunately beggers can't be choosers;-;. This method certainly sounds more appealing to me than hanging though but to each his own I guess. The most frightening aspect is having to do it all on my own. I'd be much more at ease with doing it in a controlled enviorment. If Nitshke ever needed more volunteers to test this method I'd be competely onboard=)

Last edited:
Reactions: oddMLan, ShornSoloists, dras23 and 14 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I feel the same. Unfortunately beggers can't be choosers;-;. This method certainly sounds more appealing to me than hanging though but to each his own I guess.
You got a point. I seriously don't know what would be worse between hanging and SN. Fucking sucks that the easier a method is, the harder it is to obtain.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Élégie, Thisisme373 and 8 others
TentRetreat

TentRetreat

Nov 11, 2018
I feel the same. Unfortunately beggers can't be choosers;-;. This method certainly sounds more appealing to me than hanging though but to each his own I guess.

I agree, for me it's either this or CO. I'll have to wait until at least February to find out if CO is doable using a tent as I want to be certain of success.

Reactions: rabid_squirrel, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
One person did successfully, and apparently peacefully, ctb with the SN method from this forum.

Personally, l have my doubts on SN, and am not always convinced by Nitschke, but there clearly have been cases of it being a success, so each to their own - although for literally every method there is, there also appears to be a long-read from Arak with poorly presented evidence of its failings, Dignitas included, so it's probably wise to do your own research rather than be completely dissuaded by this thread.

The number of people on this forum who are likely to have died using SN is higher than that. Not sure if I should post their names here, but I can pm them to you if you'd like.

There are quite a few reports and articles about people dying from ingestion of SN.

Here are some:
www.researchgate.net/publication/276317273_An_Autopsy_Case_of_Fatal_Methemoglobinemia_due_to_Ingestion_of_Sodium_Nitrite/amp

https://www.worldrtd.net/sites/default/files/newsfiles/EXIT INT newsletter april 2018.pdf (Page 8, 19 year who died following ingestion of sodium nitrite. Most new articles on this are in dutch.)

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/1158764 (3 men (55+) died after consuming less than one gram each.)

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+757

http://dc.lib.unc.edu/cgi-bin/showf...WMAB6BAgCEAE&usg=AOvVaw3CGutfNdP7t1kH4vC4cMBE
(Child who died from accidental poisoning. References two other cases where a total of six people died.)

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/15563659509000462?journalCode=ictx19 (14/22 dead from accidental poisoning, though it should be said that arsenic poisoning was a contributing factor.)

http://www.flex-news-food.com/console/PageViewer.aspx?page=42382

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21040485/

Reactions: dras23, NitriteAnatomy, Ἡγησίας and 8 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
The number of people on this forum who are likely to have died using SN is higher than that. Not sure if I should post their names here, but I can pm them to you if you'd like.

Do so by all means, but tbh l only consider the ones confirmed externally. If someone says "I'm taking sn now, bye" and then disappears that still doesn't evidence anything imo. Obviously l hope they got what they wanted and went peacefully, but in itself it doesn't bolster an argument in favour of SN very much.

Reactions: Rdc, TimeToBiteTheDust, Élégie and 9 others
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Do so by all means, but tbh l only consider the ones confirmed externally. If someone says "I'm taking sn now, bye" and then disappears that still doesn't evidence anything imo. Obviously l hope they got what they wanted and went peacefully, but in itself it doesn't bolster an argument in favour of SN very much.
That's fair. The people I was referring to haven't been confirmed externally, and obviously for all I know they could be as trustworthy as LMK, although there's no indication so far that any of them had malicious intentions.

Reactions: throwaway777, rabid_squirrel, Deafsn0w and 3 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
That's fair. The people I was referring to haven't been confirmed externally, and obviously for all I know they could be as trustworthy as LMK, although there's no indication so far that any of them had malicious intentions.

Oh l wasn't suggesting they were insincere, just obviously there's a lot of scope for it going wrong, or being painful, or whatever. I too am inclined to believe many have successfully passed with this method, but couldn't use this belief as evidence.

C

Cody111

Student
Nov 16, 2018
Hmm... from my post i wasnt questioning the reliability of it as a method of ctb.
I was simply saying the way in which SN functions it seems it could lead to brain damage if unsuccessful.
Only saying this because i jear a lot people saying its completly reversable if it fails.
But depriving the brain of oxygen for extended period of time which is not fatal can cause perminate brain damage.

Reactions: oddMLan, rabid_squirrel, Deafsn0w and 4 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018

Absolutely. We have some of those cases. But we don't know what ultimately happened. And again, there are so many variables. A very sick elderly man is more likely to die quickly than a younger and mostly healthy one.

Reactions: rabid_squirrel, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@TentRetreat ,

I haven't seen an agony rating for SN ?

People die from accidental intake of SN. People die because of all sorts of accidents all the time. It's seriously toxic stuff. But enough to get you killed quickly ? That young women in NL died from sodium azide, not sodium nitrite.

The good part of SA and cyanide is that although it's brutal, it's usually quick. Cannot be reversed. And personally, I don't have access to a good place for full hanging/suspension. I don't think I'd be able to climb a tree or whatever. I might be able to get to a place and get it done but practically it's hard.

Nitschke is the only one realy promoting the SN method, isn't he ? Aside from 'practical use' by people. I didn't see it in any of the older books.

Reactions: throwaway777, rabid_squirrel, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
@TentRetreat ,

I haven't seen an agony rating for SN ?

People die from accidental intake of SN. People die because of all sorts of accidents all the time. It's seriously toxic stuff. But enough to get you killed quickly ? That young women in NL died from sodium azide, not sodium nitrite.

The good part of SA and cyanide is that although it's brutal, it's usually quick. Cannot be reversed. And personally, I don't have access to a good place for full hanging/suspension. I don't think I'd be able to climb a tree or whatever. I might be able to get to a place and get it done but practically it's hard.

Nitschke is the only one realy promoting the SN method, isn't he ? Aside from 'practical use' by people. I didn't see it in any of the older books.
"While *name of woman* did not take Middel X to die (she took sodium nitrite that she had purchased on the internet), her death has been attributed to the furor surrounding CLW's activities."

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
"While *name of woman* did not take Middel X to die (she took sodium nitrite that she had purchased on the internet), her death has been attributed to the furor surrounding CLW's activities."
Looks like you´re right. Again, it´s a highly lethal toxin and not hard to get killed. But probabilities, suffering ?

O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Looks like you´re right. Again, it´s a highly lethal toxin and not hard to get killed. But probabilities, suffering ?
Well, if it's a highly lethal toxin and it kills you easily, why does the thread title include "reliability"? Have we not already made concessions about this many times before (that ingestion of 15g without medical intervention seems to reliable)?

Even Philip Nitschke, who you seem to believe is only in it for the money, states that it is not an entirely peaceful method, and that he strongly encourages to instead seek out N if one has the means. Again, did we not talk about this just a few days ago?

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, rabid_squirrel, Deafsn0w and 3 others
T

tevati

Student
Sep 25, 2018

Are you from america? Is it not legal there?
How can you be afraid if you want kill yourself?

Reactions: Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Are you from america? Is it not legal there?
How can you be afraid if you want kill yourself?
I believe that pretty much everyone is afraid of suffering immensely before they die. I am afraid of a torturous dying process. Not being dead or dying peacefully.

Reactions: Christian1986, Élégie, throwaway777 and 5 others
T

tevati

Student
Sep 25, 2018
I believe that pretty much everyone is afraid of suffering immensely before they die. I am afraid of a torturous dying process. Not being dead or dying peacefully.
I misunderstood. Trough you Are afraid of buying it.

Reactions: rabid_squirrel, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I misunderstood. Trough you Are afraid of buying it.
No problems man. I'm not afraid of buying it. Just terrifyied of the pain I may experience if I drink it.

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Im quite surprised by the reliability of this method, anyone on this forum who has done the meto,tagamet,sn has not returned, that tells me that unconsciousness is quick and little discomfort ,or else there would be many saved.

Reactions: dras23, TrailerTrash, KnightBlade and 7 others
C

Cody111

Student
Nov 16, 2018
The bit that im worried about is the no meto. And substitute for taga....

Antiemetics, well the ones suggested for use are not easy to come by here.

Taga isnt available, but not as worried about a substitute as they do basically the same thing.

Reactions: throwaway777, Lifeisatrap, rabid_squirrel and 2 others
T

throwaway111222777

Nov 18, 2018
The bit that im worried about is the no meto. And substitute for taga....

Antiemetics, well the ones suggested for use are not easy to come by here.

Taga isnt available, but not as worried about a substitute as they do basically the same thing.
Both Tagamet and meto can be purchased on ebay

Reactions: rabid_squirrel and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals