• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Terminally ill

Terminally ill

May 27, 2019
Here is the information Suicide wiki has on Antacids:

Using antacids (also known as acid regulators) is discouraged. The antacid section of Suicide Wiki is provided here only because you will encounter with antacids in the PPH. The PPH recommends decreasing your stomach's fluid volume to make the sodium nitrite absorbed more quickly. This can be accomplished with drugs like ranitidine, famotidine, or cimetidine that reduce the stomach acid quickly. The recommended dose in the PPH is 800mg cimetidine (sold under the brand name Tagamet), which is equivalent to 3 – 4 * 75 mg ranitidine (sold under the brand name Zantac).

Stat dose (30 – 45 minutes before SN intake)

• 800 mg cimetidine (Tagamet)

or

• 3 * 75 mg ranitidine (Zantac)

The PPH previously recommended sodium bicarbonate as absorption accelerator. The PPH argued that sodium bicarbonate would raise the stomach's fluid pH. The raise in stomach's fluid pH hindered loss of consciousness in some patients—although it was expected, given that the blood pressure—lowering effect of orally ingested nitrite was abolished when test persons were pretreated with a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) to raise gastric pH (Montenegro et al., 2016). Similar to sodium bicarbonate, the blood pressure-lowering effect of orally ingested nitrite is abolished by a proton pump inhibitor (Piknova & Schechter, 2017). Since the release of the October 2018 revision, the PPH suggests Tagamet (instead of sodium bicarbonate) and has misguidedly argued "this effect is not related to gastric pH, but rather to the production rate of acid." While the PPH still incorrectly recommends using H2 receptor antagonists, such as cimetidine and ranitidine, simply not using them will result in a more peaceful death, owing to formation of nitric oxide, a vasodilator, in acidic (Malko, Kucernak & Lopes, 2016) gastric environment—in pH less than 6.51 (Pereira, Ferreira, Rocha, Barbosa & Laranjinha, 2013)—as shown in pathway A[1|2].

Without antacid: 3NaNO2 + 2HCl → 2NaCl + NaNO3 + 2NO + H2O

Questions:

Why does Suicide Wiki discourage Antacids and says " While the PPH still incorrectly recommends using H2 receptor antagonists, such as cimetidine and ranitidine, simply not using them will result in a more peaceful death, owing to formation of nitric oxide"

2. In Stans guide and people here do use Antacids in most cases from what I have seen. I am only able to find Famotidine in my country. The info I found on Famotidine is the following: Famotidine prooved to be 9X more potent than Ranitidine and 32 X more potent than Cimetidine. The dosage are is 40 mgs/tablet. Would I take one or two of these?

3. Since all the information on antacids is contradictory in Wiki suicide vs PPH what would be better? Take Famotidine above or take an Acid Reducer-I can only find RENNIE tabs and that does NOT have Magnsium Hidroxide as recommended by Stan but the following ingredients: calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, alginic acid amongst other ingredients

So what do you suggest to do, what would you do? Thanks

Attachments

• famotidine.jpg
    famotidine.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 12
Terminally ill

Terminally ill

May 27, 2019
I am trying to research as much as I can about SN and I found the following article about methemoglobinemia : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071541/. What worries me is the following: "N-Acetylcysteine, cimetidine, and ketoconazole are experimental therapies in the treatment of methemoglobinemia that have shown some promising results.20,21,22 Exchange transfusion is reserved for patients in whom methylene blue therapy is ineffective."

We are taking cimetidine or famotidine or ranitidine as an antacid to INCREASE the chances of succes with SN but here it is said that cimetidine is actually considered to be a recovery therapy for methemoglobinemia. What am I missing here?

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
What am I missing here?
The minutia of experimental biochemistry with little result or use ;)

This was in original FAQ but omitted:
Some protocols call for Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) which naturally enhances metHb elimination; and Cimetidine (our acid-regulator), which may reduce formation of hematotoxins. They may help blood self-recovery process.

Cimtedine may slightly fix some metHb, but to a small extent, and there's little evidence of that. It's most effective with stomach acid. Or in simple terms:

Less stomach acid + more SN in intestine > Reduction of hematotoxins

That's not written in stone but pretty good estimate -- doctors themselves know even less on this; many still use oxygen and SDAC (charcoal) which are useless. Antacid and regulators are the least significant part of SN so there's no use in dwelling on that.

M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
I have a question on metoclopramide. Locally this substance is sold as Reglan but it is defined as "metoclopramide hydrochloride in the form of monohydrate". Is this the same thing we are talking about?
Regarding Milk of magnesia, what is the recommended dose, if used instead of an acid regulator?

nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
@Quarky00
Look what I got you tonight......A TABLE :wink:

Screen Shot 2020 02 10 at 73354 PM
(Methemoglobin levels are usually expressed as a percentage of total hemoglobin)

What's great about the table is that you can see at around the same methemoglobin concentration, mental changes set in along with dyspnea. It's very likely @Moonicide wasn't alert enough to fully experience the suffocation feeling when she gasped for air.

Ingesting 15g of SN can lead to a methemoglobin level of 92.5%. However, patients with methemoglobin levels of up to 94% have survived after receiving medical treatment :O

Perhaps this table can be of some use when you provide answers to potatoes and rocks with your " -_- " emoticon..... or you might already have a table like this idk.

Last edited:
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
@Quarky00
Look what I got you tonight......A TABLE :wink:

View attachment 26949
(Methemoglobin levels are usually expressed as a percentage of total hemoglobin)

What's great about the table is that you can see at around the same methemoglobin concentration, mental changes set in along with dyspnea. It's very likely @Moonicide wasn't alert enough to fully experience the suffocation feeling when she gasped for air.

Ingesting 15g of SN can lead to a methemoglobin level of 92.5%. However, patients with methemoglobin levels of up to 94% have survived after receiving medical treatment :O

Perhaps this table can be of some use when you provide answers to potatoes and rocks with your " -_- " emoticon..... or you might already have a table like this idk.

Yeah I know that sunshine , that 94% is in the research links of the FAQ lol

I don't like this table , "dyspnea" my ass!

I've written myself stages of methemoglobinemia according to HOW IT FEELS , oxygen level , and timeline -- when to expect dizziness , faint , etc . Last two 'columns' are avg + slowest (fragile patient on morphine)

Stage 1 | 80% | 4-8m | 5-15m
Stage 2 | 60% | 8-14m | 15-25m
Stage 3 | 45% | 14-20m | 25-35m
Stage 4 | ---% | 20m-2h | 35m-3h

But will look at links , see what can be added

• Love
Reactions: nitrogen
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Big mistake with receptor affinity

"The 13 Others"
What are they? If you do not take them regularly – DO NOT USE – this section is not for you.

They affect over weeks – so only if it is your regular medication.
  • Droperidol, Benperidol, Trifuperidol, Spiperone, Haloperidol, Bromperidol, Lurasidone, Sestindole, Paliperidone, Risperidone, Olanzapine, Clozapine, Quetiapine
    • Order is from the strongest to the weakest .
  • Stan listed with nM (receptor affinity); lower numbers indicate stronger effects.

Reactions: autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Big mistake with receptor affinity

"The 13 Others"
What are they?If you do not take them regularly – DO NOT USE – this section is not for you.

They affect over weeks – so only if it is your regular medication.
  • Droperidol, Benperidol, Trifuperidol, Spiperone, Haloperidol, Bromperidol, Lurasidone, Sestindole, Paliperidone, Risperidone, Olanzapine, Clozapine, Quetiapine
    • Order is from the strongest to the weakest .
  • Stan listed with nM (receptor affinity); lower numbers indicate stronger effects.

Yes agreed, I noticed this too but forgot to point it out.

Reactions: Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Yes agreed, I noticed this too but forgot to point it out.
Another problem is that I don't see Stan's affinity numbers in the AP affinity table . I'm looking for D2 , he may have used 5HT3A .

Despite the error I guess it does not matter -- weak but effective prokinetic antiemetic (like AP) will do ; and SN fatal even without antiemetics .

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I am adding to the FAQ :

Ondansetron works for me , why Meto/Domp/Bucc?
"Metoclopramide is used by Dignitas and i think it's the recommened antiemetic in OD, the second one being domperidone, both dopamine antagonists. Ondansetron (Zofran) is a serotonin receptor antagonist and it's used for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy because the irritation of the GI mucosa by the medication used in chemotherapy (which is cytotoxic and increase the levels of serotonin in the blood) are transmitted through the vagal nerve to the chemoreceptor trigger zone via activating serotonin receptors (5-HT3). It has no effect on dopamine receptors. "
In simple words?Broad systematic AE targeting both CTZ (brain) and stomach plus prokinetic.

+ prochlorperazine = Buccastem + Fix link there: Notes on Buccastem

+ Alright alright , add Reglan Primperan

Add to FAQ

Last edited:
Reactions: one4all
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
If I'm already taking quetiapine as part of my regular regimen, would there be any sort of disadvantage to taking metoclopramide in a stat dose SN regimen?

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Search through the threads about Ondansetron. It is a serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonist. It does not have any effect on dopamine receptors or muscarinic receptors. Also it does not help to empty your stomach.
I tried doing a search for some threads about it but the server is giving me issues, so i can't find them.
I wasn't asking , but adding more info to FAQ :) (I want to add spanishguy22 quote)

But it's a great explanation you've provided ! Me like :love:
~

If I'm already taking quetiapine as part of my regular regimen, would there be any sort of disadvantage to taking metoclopramide in a stat dose SN regimen?

DO NOT TAKE METO WITH ANTI PSYCHOTICS .

PLEASE READ FAQ CAREFULLY .

Please read this specific post:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-blockers-painkillers-draft.29822/post-554187

Last edited:
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
I wasn't asking , but adding more info to FAQ :) (I want to add spanishguy22 quote)

Maybe i miss read the thread. I should have know better. I think i learned alot about AEs from you. LOL Just my observations from reading your posts :wink:

EDIT - I also forgot to mention STAN. Learned a ton about AE's and the digestive system, from him. RIP @Stan

But it's a great explanation you've provided ! Me like

Glad you liked it. Unfortunately it isn't as good as yours though :tongue:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
It is better -- shorter , better phrased , and easy to understand :wink: I complicate things lol

Thank you. But unfortunately it really didn't offer any real insight as to what the hell all that crap meant :tongue:, just what it did.
I don't think you complicate things. You try to provide as much information as possible. :sunglasses:
Sometimes it's better to have to much information, than not enough!

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I am adding to the FAQ :

Ondansetron works for
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/n-protocol-regime-regimen-notes.27092/post-568550
Search through the threads about Ondansetron. It is a serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonist. It does not have any effect on dopamine receptors or muscarinic receptors. Also it does not help to empty your stomach.
I tried doing a search for some threads about it but the server is giving me issues, so i can't find them.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
[...]

DO NOT TAKE METO WITH ANTI PSYCHOTICS .

PLEASE READ FAQ CAREFULLY .

Please read this specific post:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-blockers-painkillers-draft.29822/post-554187

The SN FAQ seems to imply that combining one of the 13 antipsychotics with Meto is just redundant, rather than harmful or counterproductive. Is that the case?

A lack of clear consensus on the board about what dosage of antipsychotic would have antiemetic effects has me considering adding Meto alongside my regularly prescribed antipsychotic. So would be keen to know whether this is actually harmful, or merely overcautious.

Last edited:
squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
The SN FAQ seems to imply that combining one of the 13 antipsychotics with Meto is just redundant, rather than harmful or counterproductive. Is that the case?
That's what I was getting from it, but higher risk of EPS for sure. I'm still gonna take it even though I'm on quetiapine. Former pilot, I like redundancy.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
That's what I was getting from it, but higher risk of EPS for sure. I'm still gonna take it even though I'm on quetiapine. Former pilot, I like redundancy.
iu

:hug:

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020

I have to strongly advise also. Do your own research on drugs and poisons. I am not an MD and what i refered to was from information on the internet and this forum.

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Harmful . Increase EPS. Can be painful and debilitating. Search contraindication. If you wanna take the risk it's your prerogative, I wouldnt advice others .

A lack of clear consensus on the board about what dosage of antipsychotic would have antiemetic effects has me considering adding Meto alongside my regularly prescribed antipsychotic. So would be keen to know whether this is actually harmful, or merely overcautious.
Consensus is clear as effective, Stan did research, and threads were linked in FAQ. Weak dopamine is still prokinetic and antiemetic , better than non-dopamine. This was explained few posts above (chemotherapy).

Domperidone is as effective as meto and safe with AP. That is also in the FAQ and suggested by long term members.

Last edited:
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Harmful . Search contraindication.

Consensus is clear as effective, Stan did research, and threads were linked in FAQ.

Domperidone is as effective as meto and safe with AP. That is also in the FAQ and suggested by long term members.

Could you link to the specific threads for me?

The drugs.com interaction report for Quetiapine and Metoclopramide does list the major interaction of causing tardive dyskenesia (an EPS), but from reading the details on it, it sounds more like it would be from longer-term use and higher dosages rather than just once-off during the stat regimen.

I'm not asking this to be difficult, it's because I'm more than a little concerned about my Quetiapine dosage not having enough of an antiemetic effect (and thus vomitting up the SN causing at best needless distress and at worst a failed attempt), and so wanting to add Meto for reassurance. Also, I suppose, I'm making the assumption that EPS wouldn't be that big of a deal even if they did occur in the fairly short timeframe between taking the medications and death.

Would welcome further opinion on this though.

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
I can't remember where I read, but the dosage required for quetiapine is quite a lot higher than a lot of people are prescribed...so what @autumnal is saying concerns me too. I feel like I saw 300mg being a dose effective as an antiemetic, and that's 6x what I take regularly.

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I can't remember where I read, but the dosage required for quetiapine is quite a lot higher than a lot of people are prescribed...so what @autumnal is saying concerns me too. I feel like I saw 300mg being a dose effective as an antiemetic, and that's 6x what I take regularly.
Could you link to the specific threads for me?

The drugs.com interaction report for Quetiapine and Metoclopramide does list the major interaction of causing tardive dyskenesia (an EPS), but from reading the details on it, it sounds more like it would be from longer-term use and higher dosages rather than just once-off during the stat regimen.

I'm not asking this to be difficult, it's because I'm more than a little concerned about my Quetiapine dosage not having enough of an antiemetic effect (and thus vomitting up the SN causing at best needless distress and at worst a failed attempt), and so wanting to add Meto for reassurance. Also, I suppose, I'm making the assumption that EPS wouldn't be that big of a deal even if they did occur in the fairly short timeframe between taking the medications and death.

Would welcome further opinion on this though.
LISTEN UP . This has been discussed . The exact same things . 4 Months ago . By BPD_LE , and others . The links are in the FAQ .

I'm not going to copy-paste things that are literally few posts above .

Please don't use this thread -- It's for 95% of the people , if you're a unique 5% -- open a thread of your own , don't add confusion :hug:

(Seriously it has been discussed you are rehashing old stuff, exact same discussion about 300mg not effective etc ... )

Last edited:
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
LISTEN UP . This has been discussed . The exact same things . 4 Months ago . By BPD_E , and others . The links are in the FAQ .

I'm not going to copy-paste things that are literally few posts above .

Please don't use this thread -- It's for 95% of the people , if you're a unique 5% -- open a thread of your own , don't add confusion :hug:

(Seriously it has been discussed you are rehashing old stuff)

Send me the links please? LOL
Sorry but i had to say that.

• Hugs
squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
Lol I don't reread entire threads every time I post in them, sorry for the inconvenience. Not all up with this forum culture stuff, wasn't trying to cause issues

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Send me the links please? LOL
Sorry but i had to say that.
<Quarky goes to the corner, opens notebook>
So, that's "one4all" .. 4 in the middle .. double l .. mm.. okay, added to my hit list, cool.

:blarg: :haha: