• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ice Poseidon

Ice Poseidon

Jul 3, 2018
Is it possible we're living in a simulation?
If there is, wouldn't it be possible that a simulation hell exist?
or simulation reincarnation exist?

I ruled out religion in my life so I wouldn't worry about the afterlife.
but these other possibilities have me questioning..

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
or simulation reincarnation exist?

I ruled out religion in my life so I wouldn't worry about the afterlife.
but these other possibilities have me questioning..
In this crazy world anything is possible, if you ask me, and I mean anything.
For instance how the heck did we end up here, if the big bang, where did the big bang come from? where the heck did the first molecules come from? What was the first substance ever and where did it come from? Another question I ask myself where is the middle of everything and where does everything end? Does it end?

Last edited:
Ice Poseidon

Ice Poseidon

Jul 3, 2018
Yeah, anything is possible in this crazy world.
No one knows with 100% certainty how something came from nothing. (big bang theory)
What if we're living in a simulation and we're reincarnated to a life worse than what we have now?
What if we're sent to simulation hell for our actions?
What a bizarre world. We can only speculate.

Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
If any sort of afterlife does exist simulation or not doesn't matter. Your brain is what makes up the thing you call your "self" without your brain your "self" ceases to exist at least in the state its in now. You see this mildly in people with brain damage that manifests in personality changes and memory formation and so on. If your sense of self and conscious state can be altered so much from a bash to the head what would happen if the brain was completed out of the picture. Who you think you are isnt really who you are, your personality is just formed from conditioning, memories and so on. Now believing that your soul or bodily energy goes somewhere is plausable but again whatever form it could take it wouldn't be what you consider as "you" its just not possible in my opinion to be aware of any of these happening after your dead and if you somehow were you wouldn't even remember who you use to be or where you came from after dying. You die and your life force is absorbed by the earth to perpetuate the cycle of life, whatever else could possibly happen wouldn't matter since it would be impossible to be aware of it whether its reincarnation, parallel dimensions whatever. These are just my opinions of course and who the fuck knows really.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Yeah, anything is possible in this crazy world.
No one knows with 100% certainty how something came from nothing. (big bang theory)
What if we're living in a simulation and we're reincarnated to a life worse than what we have now?
What if we're sent to simulation hell for our actions?
What a bizarre world. We can only speculate.
I also wonder about how many misperceived things we hold as truth.
Honestly if I had a choice I would had never existed. It's just too bizarre for me. If this is a simulation I hope that next life is much more understandable and better.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
If any sort of afterlife does exist simulation or not doesn't matter. Your brain is what makes up the thing you call your "self" without your brain your "self" ceases to exist at least in the state its in now. You see this mildly in people with brain damage that manifests in personality changes and memory formation and so on. If your sense of self and conscious state can be altered so much from a bash to the head what would happen if the brain was completed out of the picture. Who you think you are isnt really who you are, your personality is just formed from conditioning, memories and so on. Now believing that your soul or bodily energy goes somewhere is plausable but again whatever form it could take it wouldn't be what you consider as "you" its just not possible in my opinion to be aware of any of these happening after your dead and if you somehow were you wouldn't even remember who you use to be or where you came from after dying. You die and your life force is absorbed by the earth to perpetuate the cycle of life, whatever else could possibly happen wouldn't matter since it would be impossible to be aware of it whether its reincarnation, parallel dimensions whatever. These are just my opinions of course and who the fuck knows really.
What if brain damage is like a glitch, kind of like when the pixels are out of place.
This world needs a reboot if it is a simulation.

Reactions: why and RealMe
D

Deleted member 847

I do believe we live in the matrix. I also believe in an after life thanks to my oobes. Think about it, the universe can't exist without a mind to measure it. If there is no mind to experience the universe you don't have a universe you have infinite possibilities that can't emerge into objective reality because reality is what is experienced. Without a mind to perceive time and space every possible thing has already happened and repeated itself for infinite times which is the same thing as nothing has happened because nothing was measured.

D

Deleted member 847

Here everyone believes in nonexistence but I don't think anyone would refuse to live a few centuries in a personal heaven/dream world. Being on dopamine 24/7 is better than sleeping.

D

Deleted member 847

One day I checked my phone to see what day it was, and it was saturday then a few hours later after a nap it was monday lol
Mandela effect? Or bugged phone?

D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_...t9kd/repost_a_parallel_life_awoken_by_a_lamp/

This is one of my favorite stories, there is also a couple good ones in the comments. You guys might like this, it kind of makes you think.

(Assuming that the person did experience this)

There's an interesting detail in that story that I think most would miss:
"I stopped eating, I left the couch only to use the bathroom at first, soon I stopped that too as I wasn't eating or drinking. I stared at the fucking lamp for 3 days before my wife got really worried, she had someone come and try to talk to me, by this time my cognizance was breaking up and my wife was freaking out."

Even if you have nothing to eat and drink your body still produces toxins that need to be dispelled through urine. It is a medical fact and I personally experienced that myself when I starved and dehydrated myself for 4 days.

This person clearly didn't know that and it was reflected in their dream. If the injury beforehand wasn't enough of an indicator this would also show that what they experienced was just a dream that was using the knowledge and experience they had up until that point.

Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
(Assuming that the person did experience this)

There's an interesting detail in that story that I think most would miss:
"I stopped eating, I left the couch only to use the bathroom at first, soon I stopped that too as I wasn't eating or drinking. I stared at the fucking lamp for 3 days before my wife got really worried, she had someone come and try to talk to me, by this time my cognizance was breaking up and my wife was freaking out."

Even if you have nothing to eat and drink your body still produces toxins that need to be dispelled through urine. It is a medical fact and I personally experienced that myself when I starved and dehydrated myself for 4 days.

This person clearly didn't know that and it was reflected in their dream. If the injury beforehand wasn't enough of an indicator this would also show that what they experienced was just a dream that was using the knowledge and experience they had up until that point.
Good point, I just think it is interesting to see how much time can seem to pass in a dream state. What we consider our reality could be a dream like state to the bigger reality and so on. I think Buddhists believe in something similiar to this, life being a dream or illusion.

D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
Good point, I just think it is interesting to see how much time can seem to pass in a dream state. What we consider our reality could be a dream like state to the bigger reality and so on. I think Buddhists believe in something similiar to this, life being a dream or illusion.

Now that's an interesting possibility.

Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
Now that's an interesting possibility.
It just blows my mind how you can feel like you've experienced so much in a dream like living years of life only to wake up and have been out for a couple minutes. Is it just a trick your mind is playing on itself or what.

Reactions: Dip
D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
It just blows my mind how you can feel like you've experienced so much in a dream like living years of life only to wake up and have been out for a couple minutes. Is it just a trick your mind is playing on itself or what.

Dunno.

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
I think illusion becomes reality when you cant break out of it. Like prison

In an oobe your in a different sort of illusion, breaking out of the physical illusion.

Reactions: lv-gras
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
There is actually a theory about this being a soul prison, Gnosticism or something.

What was your oobe like? I know when I had mine I completely lost all interest in being in the body, I wouldn't even look at it.

Reactions: lv-gras
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
I really have no desire to cease to exist and the oobe gives me hope of a more free although very different type of existence although I have no idea what you would do, perhaps travel the cosmos.

Reactions: Tiburcio
S

Strumgewehr

Experienced
Jun 7, 2018
It doesn't really matter given the simulation is as good as reality. I mean if you can't get out of the simulation you might as well accept it as reality.

It is possible but very unlikely. Why would the creator waste his resources building a detailed hell with fire and tridents when he can just inflict the same amount pain and terror directly to the brain without the need for a simulated hell. And if he actually enjoys to see you suffer as much as possibe he would throw you into the hell from day one. Why would he let you live a relatively comfy life if all he wanted was to see you suffer.

Last edited:
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
If after I die I'll continue to exist, I think I'll create my own universe and play games there until I get bored, then I'll reincarnate or give up my ego

I'm not sure if we would get any say in the matter, or if we could create anything at all maybe there are soul colleges on some distant Galaxy, I would hope I wouldn't have to come back with the memory wipe, I also don't like traveling the earth like an ant even in a vehicle. I didn't have any control in the oobe state and no one ever asked if I wanted to return here.

Reactions: Deleted member 847
D

Deleted member 847

I'm not sure if we would get any say in the matter, or if we could create anything at all maybe there are soul colleges on some distant Galaxy, I would hope I wouldn't have to come back with the memory wipe, I also don't like traveling the earth like an ant even in a vehicle. I didn't have any control in the oobe state and no one ever asked if I wanted to return here.
Every oobe book that I've read mentioned that we manifest things by thought there, and this is what I've always did in my lucid dreams which are just another kind of astral projection.

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
It's as possible as any theory we have. Anyone who tells you it's not, or they know what is, is wrong. They cannot know and are pushing their opinion as fact. We don't know if consciousness is emergent or sent, we don't know what is before or after this "life", these are open questions and any attempt to declare them answered is arrogant and for personal comfort.

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
Just told my personal experience. Nobody should believe me. Go practice and see it for yourself.

Sorry if you thought that was directed at you personally...it was in response to the thread title not your post. But since you mentioned it...anything like this is not proof of anything and there are many explanations for such experiences. Someone recently tried to convince me a bird appearing on their windowsill as they were depressed was a "sign" and this appearance was used as some "fact" to bolster belief in a god. I find that absurd as birds land on windowsills all the time and for a few obvious reasons. This is the same thing that people do continuously to declare "truth"...some with silly things like birds on windows...some by misusing studies that show evidence that some action results in another action as if that's a final answer...none of it ever proves anything about consciousness/afterlife definitively...but is instead just used to prop up pre-existing opinions.