• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
I've known them for about 2 years, we have a group chat and lately it hasn't been active. it really makes me sad and i don't feel we're as close as we used to be. should i just leave? I've always been contemplating doing so, i don't know why. I'm suicidal so maybe leaving early wouldn't be a bad idea?

A

Asphyxiater

Mar 7, 2023
I've known them for about 2 years, we have a group chat and lately it hasn't been active. it really makes me sad and i don't feel we're as close as we used to be. should i just leave? I've always been contemplating doing so, i don't know why. I'm suicidal so maybe lea
If it isn't a big deal to you, then I don't see why not. I had that experience before but I knew them irl because we were classmates, I was the founder lol. But I distanced myself I away from them... and 5 years later here I am on a suicide forum.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I worry about making people worse, like a sickness bleeding off me.

ChubbyBunny

ChubbyBunny

Mar 4, 2023
No, you shouldn't leave. You should communicate how you feel with your online friends and try to repair the bond y'all had. Of course if that doesn't work, it's ok to let go of friends, but don't do it without a goodbye (and a reason).

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
No, you shouldn't leave. You should communicate how you feel with your online friends and try to repair the bond y'all had. Of course if that doesn't work, it's ok to let go of friends, but don't do it without a goodbye (and a reason).
I agree with this.

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
You should try to bond with them again but if that still does not work, you should at least say goodbye and then leave. Since you have been friends for two years, it's not nice to leave without saying anything.

CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Archaon, Herald of the Apocalypse
Dec 24, 2022
Friends come and go from our lives all the time. Most relationships are fleeting. As time goes on people's interests will change and their ability to commit time to you will dwindle.

It sounds like you had some good times in the past that are no longer happening. It's hard not to cling onto those moments. The past is often a difficult thing to let go of.

I'd recommend at least trying to rekindle what you had before cutting ties. My suicidal tendencies have caused me to fracture many good relationships, some of which really helped me, so yes I do think leaving early might be a bad idea. But only you can decide what's worth it to you or not.

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
sorry for the late reply... there's nothing to repair, we just don't talk as much that's all. and the more I'm getting depressed the more I feel I had to leave them

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
If you feel there's no relationship there a goodbye post and "hit me up if you want to" would be my choice. I can't really relate to online friends since the ones I talk to online are people I know and see in real life.

Seven Threads

Seven Threads

Iterator
Mar 5, 2023
I agree with the people who are saying you should try to rekindle things if you can, or at least extend a goodbye of some sort if you can't.

Moreover, I'd like to go a little further than that. Even if things don't work out with your friend group there, try to make sure you still have at least someone in your life you can talk to and be open with. We're social creatures, we need people. And this holds true even if you're suicidal. Being isolated just leads to more suffering.

Honestly, I'd try to build some online relationships with the people here, in this community, especially if you'd want friends you could be open about your feelings and struggles to.

Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
At least explain to them why you are leaving and how you feel about it

H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
Without knowing your particular situation, I'd say yes, leave them silently as from the time you know you will die soon. Except, of course, your online friends on this forum, who are fully aware of your suicidality.

pharma

pharma

Mar 4, 2023
I had a similar situation with my online friend of 6 years. I don't talk to them anymore, i tried talking to them again but it just hurt. If you can't slavage it, then leave. When my friendship was ending I tried saving it, but it just made it hurt more. Tell them how you're feeling, first. Don't just ghost them.

C

coolintheshade

Mar 13, 2023
I concur with this suggestion OP. You might be surprised to even find out there are some people who feel the same with you, and now feel relived that they're not the only ones.

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
I agree with the people who are saying you should try to rekindle things if you can, or at least extend a goodbye of some sort if you can't.

Moreover, I'd like to go a little further than that. Even if things don't work out with your friend group there, try to make sure you still have at least someone in your life you can talk to and be open with. We're social creatures, we need people. And this holds true even if you're suicidal. Being isolated just leads to more suffering.

Honestly, I'd try to build some online relationships with the people here, in this community, especially if you'd want friends you could be open about your feelings and struggles to.
i don't really have anyone i can open with, i used to open up with one of my online friends but not anymore. don't feel comfortable about it
I'm not entirely sure the reason why i want to leave, whenever i get depressed i feel the need to leave them. idk if i should talk them about this

cogmachine

cogmachine

hurk urk blergh
Feb 22, 2023
i don't really have anyone i can open with, i used to open up with one of my online friends but not anymore. don't feel comfortable about it

I'm not entirely sure the reason why i want to leave, whenever i get depressed i feel the need to leave them. idk if i should talk them about this
it's not uncommon to want to isolate from your group when you feel like this. but i would highly advise to not be reckless. at least try salvaging it, or if nothing else for some closure.

aubrey!

aubrey!

internet angel
Mar 11, 2023
I usually leave, but also leave them a way to contact me.

If they care, they'd message me first and check on me. saves me the effort of having to start the conversation and makes opening up a lot easier.

if they don't care, as was most of the time for me, you won't receive a message at all and i would remove them from any contact them within a couple days.

Reactions: redbathingduck
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
i left, hope i didn't make the wrong decision. it was really difficult

• Hugs
Reactions: aubrey!
Ki_Nam

Ki_Nam

Slow brain turdle
Mar 23, 2023
Try not to leave them. If mine would have me back, I would want to go back but I can't stand the sight of myself with them anymore. You still have a choice. It's my fault, I messed it up for myself haha

Don't expect them to contact you first though. That's not how the world works.