• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

JustDie

Jun 18, 2018
title basically describes what I want. Some quick help on my own suicide, which my method is going to be short suspension hanging.

Sounds stupid to me still but eh fuck it. Hopefully I can CTB soon, as pretty much everything else is taken care of except for planning and execution of suicide.

I've got some shitty rope that I bought a year ago. I have no idea if it will work, some white rope that's about 1cm diameter. I weigh ~120LB and hopefully it'll work for me. Can someone double check to make sure that the rope won't break? Also other general tips. That would be nice.

Reactions: dano6533
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Where are you planning to hang yourself from?
A tree?
A metal bar?
You can test the rope by standing on the rope while it's tied to the fixture to see if it can support your weight.
This is something that you need to be sure of. Things could go very wrong.

J

JustDie

Jun 18, 2018
Where are you planning to hang yourself from?
A tree?
A metal bar?
You can test the rope by standing on the rope while it's tied to the fixture to see if it can support your weight.
This is something that you need to be sure of. Things could go very wrong.
Basement ceiling. There is pattern of wood which I can make mounting for rope. I will be using a considerable amount of rope trying to distribute the rope's weight around different wood planks on it. It is about 1" thick wood. Should work. Can you describe standing on the rope more as it sounds silly. Tying it to ceiling then after standing on it? That would be supported by the floor. Without floor, I just see myself falling as I cannot walk on rope and stay still.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Basement ceiling. There is pattern of wood which I can make mounting for rope. I will be using a considerable amount of rope trying to distribute the rope's weight around different wood planks on it. It is about 1" thick wood. Should work. Can you describe standing on the rope more as it sounds silly. Tying it to ceiling then after standing on it? That would be supported by the floor. Without floor, I just see myself falling as I cannot walk on rope and stay still.
Stand1
Kind of like this. Or you can do pull ups on the rope to see if it can support your weight.
It's probably best to make sure that everything could support for at least an hour.

J

JustDie

Jun 18, 2018
Don't rush into anything, make sure you completely understand what your brain, body, and soul will go through if you choose to ctb.
Sat on it for about 40 minutes in my area and it seems like it works well. Any other tips?
I probably won't be attempting soon because I have other things I want to do before I proceed to kill myself. It just feels very liberating to be able to know that I can kill myself at this instant with the information and the materials in my room.
It feels very nice knowing that the rope won't break and the wood won't break due to the weight of my body, and when I do CTB, I won't have any problems aside from maybe my survival instinct because I haven't trained that to not be a problem yet, and not having people interrupt me.