• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
If only making others feel good made us feel good. It should be christmas every day. The joy in seeing the happiness on a childs face should apply to everyone. Instead it's more common to want others to feel shit because we do and that's absolutely shit

Reactions: FrootyBat
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019
It should be christmas every day.

:heart: Wajahat "Abu Khadija" Ali ~ For those who asked, Nusayba just finished her first mandatory chemo
after her liver transplant. She's doing well, maintaining her weight, drinking her boba tea, wearing her
princess dresses and still putting on her own makeup. Step by step. Please keep rooting for her.

We have just removed Nusayba's NG tube from her nose on this final day of 2019.
For the first time in 9 months we can finally see our warrior princess's full beautiful face.
She is wearing her Elsa dress and playing with toys. Please send her good vibes for a healthy 2020.

Here's a video to give you hope & make you smile.
Our warrior princess Nusayba gave her liver donor Shawn Zed a hug today after ringing the bell.
After 9 months of enduring stage 4 liver cancer, she is officially cancer free.
I'm so proud of her. She is the bravest person I know.

View attachment wajahat-abu-khadija-ali.mp4

Wajahat Abu Khadija Ali

:heart: Shawn Zed ~ Look at her run with that cape billowing behind her!
No words to describe this feeling, just grateful that we reached this point.
My heart is full.

Exactly one month ago I went under the knife to donate a portion of my liver to Wajahat "Abu Khadija" Ali
beautiful angel of a daughter, Nusayba. Some thoughts and reflections one month later. 1/

Life is a trip and works in mysterious ways but through these ways I have been introduced to a little angel
who now has a part of my liver but really she's grasped a part of my heart more more anything. Def did not anticipate this. 2/

The outpouring of love and support from family and friends, new and old, has left me speechless.
People I haven't spoken to in years reached out wishing Nusayba & I a speedy recovery. There's been a
steady stream of visitors and people checking in. Def did not anticipate this. 3/

I was pretty apprehensive about getting on Twitter but the Twitter fam has been especially supportive
through messages, replies etc. So much positivity from Twitter is not something I expected. 4/

People have said really nice things about me, and I'm flattered, honestly. But really, it's doing the right thing,
nothing more. Someone needed my help, I was in a position to help, I helped. Done. 5/

Whether you believe in God or not, that's your call. My trust in God and my faith has been reinforced in ways
I can't begin to explain and more importantly in ways I didn't know I needed. 6/

Recovery has been a very necessary reminder to not take anything for granted. Sounds cliche,
but when you're used to walking upright, nice and straight and instead you're walking hunched over
doing your best Quasimodo impression, it humbles you real quick. 7/

Also not being able to poop for like 6 days straight cause you're on painkillers and a common side effect is constipation.
HUMBLED. 8/

Our bodies are our vessels and too often we take this for granted. Regular check ups, maintenance and exercise
of one's body is imperative and should not be pushed to the way side. We owe it to ourselves. 9/

Wouldn't be here without my incredible wife, reeda_book. It was her support and love from day one that has been my rock.
She's been holding it down on every front! 10/

My hope is that my story encourages others to go out and consider being a donor. Donate blood, plasma,
give a cheek swab (for bone marrow). At least give blood, if you can! You'll find out what blood type you
are and that is valuable info to have! 11/

Let's do good by each other. Make the effort & help someone if you can.
If you made it this far, thanks for being a trooper. Adios.

Last edited: