• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

restingplace

restingplace

Emo corpse
Mar 7, 2024
I've heard horror stories of people taking sertraline ods and it ending up in serotonin syndrome or worse but is it possible to successfully OD on 2,800mg? I'm on 100mg a day now and I have 28 pills which is 2,800. Would that work? Is it a better idea to combine it with some other drugs?

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
The horror stories you heard are true. SSRIs including sertraline are a terrible choice for OD. They don't work reliably and potentially cause painful and unpleasant outcomes like serotonin syndrome. Read the PPeH and the various OD related threads for more information and pointers to better methods.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Please read those threads.

D

DavidInternet

Jan 3, 2024
I've heard horror stories of people taking sertraline ods and it ending up in serotonin syndrome or worse but is it possible to successfully OD on 2,800mg? I'm on 100mg a day now and I have 28 pills which is 2,800. Would that work? Is it a better idea to combine it with some other drugs?

I'm a slave to Sertraline too. I was talked into going on it, and now I've been taking it for years.

It's only quite mild compared to Valium and other anti-depressants as I understand it. Might be worth just cutting it out. I often wonder if it's just one big racket between the doctors and Big Pharma.

Some days I don't take it, as I became an alcoholic during the pandemic, and when I go off on one, all that goes out of the window. I don't notice much difference, but that could be because the booze cancels out the effect of the Sertraline.

*EDIT* oops think I confused this with another Sertraline thread. No, you can't OD on Sertraline. You'd need a stronger form of anti-depressants, and would need to do your research - maybe see what worked for Marilyn Munroe. There weren't the same restrictions re reporting on suicide in those days.

Last edited:
Reactions: restingplace
milkovich

milkovich

Apr 10, 2024
I oded on sertraline about a month and a half ago, obviously unsuccessfully, and I would never recommend it as a method to ctb. You WILL vomit. I did almost immediately after getting the pills down, and it's what made my attempt fail. Even at such a high dose, it won't matter if you can't keep you down. For sertraline, they don't usually pump your stomach or use activated charcoal or anything at the ER bc the majority of cases will just throw enough of it up to survive. The side effects are also horrible. I spent a week in the hospital despite throwing most of the medication up because my symptoms were so severe. In theory it would work if you could keep it down, but its reliability doesn't outweigh the side effects in my opinion as someone who's survived this method

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash